Brookdale Winona

835 East Belleview Street, Winona, MN, 55987

Reviews of Brookdale Winona

December 04, 2012

By js28

I have nothing but positive things to say about The Sterling House of Winona - Brookdale Senior Living. To start off it was great to know that my Nana was being helped with the day to day things she need that our family was unable to provide. It also felt great to know she was close enough that the various family members could visit with her a lot through out a week and form a solid opinion of the facility.In my opinion it was great. She had her own apartment, which she loved, that was always clean and full of her own items. In addition to that they had plenty of activities to keep her social, and believe me my nana was a social butterfly. She also loved to look her best and when ever we would stop by, which would be unannounced, she looked fantastic. Finally what I loved most is I really felt that the staff cared for my Nana as if she was their own. That is what really meant the most to my Nana and the rest of my family. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone. Neither my Nana or anyone in my family had anything bad to say. They made growing old graceful for her.

February 19, 2012

By commercesd

While in the Winona area, we happened upon Sterling House assisted living. We had been visiting some other facilities around the region. We were glad and impressed that we didn't need an appointment to take a tour of the facility. The staff was welcoming and seemed to really like their jobs. The outside grounds were nicely kept, with plenty of seating areas. Residents are encouraged to walk around regularly as they desire and supervision is always available. The indoors were nicely designed with a library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There were also many other comfortable areas where residents could read, sit with friends or just relax. The film collection looked interesting "“ and they regularly go to local movie houses "“ sometimes venturing to surrounding areas to see foreign and independent films - some of our aunt's favorites. They offer an impressive list of activities for everything from local shopping, beauty salon and entertainment trips "“ to special events held at their facility. The exercise room had yoga mats and machines. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested. The snack options offered all looked great. All in all, a very nice home for seniors with kind and caring staff.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Winona

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 To 1

• Licenses: MN housing with services license

About Brookdale Winona

Brookdale Winona provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Winona