Brookdale Central Whittier

8101 Painter Ave, Whittier, CA, 90602

Reviews of Brookdale Central Whittier

Linda109949050 July 13, 2015

The one that I almost chose was Brookdale (Brookdale Central Whittier). It just wasn't geographically as good as the other one. It was clean and friendly. The dining rooms were all wonderful. The grounds were particularly nice. They had a friendly and accommodating staff.

Ale1 June 25, 2015

They were very nice and very hospitable at Brookdale Central Whittier, but they did not have memory care. I did not actually tour the whole facility, but the manager asked me to come to her office, and she went online and got ten directories for me to follow up with. I thought she really went out of her way.

Caring105401150 April 25, 2015

I put my uncle in Brookdale Central Whittier. We chose it because they had a room available on the ground floor close to the dining room. The closeness was a consideration. I also like the people. They were above and beyond caring. They were helpful and took a lot of stress off of me. It was definitely the right thing to do. When we went walking through, all the workers seemed to know all the patients and their names, and we have talked to them. Overall, they are terrific.

Troy3 February 11, 2015

The one that I visited is Emeritus at Whittier (Brookdale) because that is the city closest to me. I went and check it out. I loved it. The place is great. I could get back and forth to her more frequently. I had my mind kind of made up with that, but my mom passed away. The staff was great. I actually went there twice because I had to go back about a month later. The surroundings were fine, but I was more in tuned to the inside. The surroundings were nice, and the outside was presentable. It was nice, and it didn't look raggedy or needing care. The rooms are fine. As for activities, everything that she needed and liked was there. I like the activities that they have, I like the rooms, and I like the dining room; there was so much that I just liked everything.

Caring63140050 July 31, 2014

My mother has been at the Emeritus at Whittier for about a year. The staff is great and she is well cared for. They play a lot of card games; they have entertainment; and they do crafts. There is more interaction.

Patrick9 July 27, 2014

Emeritus was very nice, but it was an older place. The woman that I talked to was extremely friendly and nice. She went far beyond what she needed to do. She introduced me to the other members there. She was very outgoing and involved. I saw one room only and didn’t like the one room area. They have basic exercises and daily music and dancing.

Caring84457150 May 11, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at Whittier are super polite, very welcoming, caring, and sensitive. The manager was really welcoming. They are very informative about the financial system. I thought they were really great. Their dining room is perfect for their residents. I think they have an agenda of activities to be done every day. I would recommend this facility.

Caring75315150 January 31, 2014

We chose Emeritus because it was available. It seemed to be okay. They were friendly enough and the staff was alright. I think the facilities were alright. We ate there one time and it was okay. The room was spacious enough.

Caring82065650 December 31, 2013

We like Emeritus. They are not too far away from places to shop, to market, etc. They also provide transportation to those stores and that's nice. However, this facility was just as expensive as the other facility I visited. I just don't want my brother's money to be spent solely to living expenses because he still has medical bills to pay. The facility itself was clean and nice but not as nice as the other facility. The staff was pretty informative and they provided information that I needed to know for my brother. Their rooms were nice and clean. They have a dining hall where people can eat food and they also have a small kitchen area.

Caring1063 December 30, 2013

I visited Emeritus and I had a really good experience. It was clean facility and had a very nice atmosphere. When you walked in the facility, they had a garden at the center of the building, which was very nice. The lady who showed us around was really cordial and informative.

Caring70575650 October 18, 2013

The director who showed me around Emeritus at Whittier seemed very nice. The place is also very nice. The residents that I saw roaming around looked very happy. It was a place that I would live myself. The staff that toured me also mentioned that they go on shopping excursions.

Robert71355850 October 05, 2013

Emeritus was the best place for my mother. The staff that I met with had a very involved attitude. After talking with them, I was sure that they were committed to helping the people that were there not because it was their job but that it was personally important to them that they provide good care for the residents there. Not all the rooms have the same size. They offer both single rooms and shared rooms. My mom has probably the largest room there.

Linda66874950 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Whittier is our choice for our mother because it is close to home. It is clean and we like the staff. My mother is in her own private room and has her own bathroom. It is very spacious and we like it. The food is good. They have a beautiful patio that is very well kept. They have all kinds of activities that I liked and I hope one day my mother will like it too. They have bingo, card games and exercises. They have a movie room. They have a library. They have a fellow that plays the guitar, another fellow playing the piano, and a horn player. They have people coming from the churches singing. They take them out for shopping and casino. But she hasn't done any of them and she won't go. The people there were all happy and we are very happy with them too. It is what we are looking for. When I reach that age, that's the place I would like to be.

From Brookdale Central Whittier

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Central Whittier

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: World cuisine celebrations, Cooking demonstrations, Local senior center trips , Weekly Zumba Gold and much more!

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: CALIFORNIA RCFE
  • State License(s): 197606945

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Central Whittier