Brookdale Park Place

601 South Park Road, Spokane, WA, 99212

Reviews of Brookdale Park Place

Caring107601850 May 27, 2015

My parents are at Park Place. The main reason why we picked this place is that the room that was available looked out into the woods, and my parents really missed living in the woods. They are very nice and very well organized as well. The staff seemed to be very attentive. The thing my mother was interested in was that she loves to sing, and they have music. They have church services, too, and that also attracted both of them.

Caring105837050 May 15, 2015

Other than some of the amenities being a little dated, I was impressed with what Park Place had to offer. If I was to move my mom someplace out this way, it probably would have been in Park Place. It has a close association with a nursing home nearby, and they handle a lot of people with different physical and mental needs. I was super impressed by the lady that showed me the campus and things. She was professional and genuinely caring on whether my mom would be a fit there. I was really impressed by her and the community. The rooms that I saw I felt were kept up well, but it is kind of an aging facility, or at least the building that I saw wasn't real modern. There were a lot of different sizes in the layout of the room. They were kept up well, but there was just not a lot of uniformity to the size. The main dining room area was very well kept. Other than being an older facility with less uniformity in the rooms, they were kept in good conditions. The main dining room was clean and well organized, and the residents looked happy. I haven't had a meal there, although I was invited to. If I was to make a second visit to decide whether or not to move a family member there, I would most definitely have a meal. I didn't get a calendar, but these places all kind of run a similar kind of thing. I think they actually have a mobile library come in and setup within their dining area which is something new to me. They also have a chorus like a choir that the residents can join. It seems like they have a good social calendar. They having different levels of care from very independent to kind of assisted living to more dependent impressed me the most. It was impressive to me that they would do both manage medication -- which they deliver to the residents -- as well as a med box for the residents that were more independent. They would offer the service of stocking a weekly med box. The continuum of care and the medication management impressed me the most. The campus looks kind of like a college campus with well-kept grounds.

Alice39 April 28, 2015

We met with one of the administrators of Park Place, and we just really liked how she interacted. She gave us a really nice tour. We asked questions, and they are really good about answering everything. The staff is great. We love the people who cook. They come out and interact with the people and talk with them. It is just great. We just love it because they are all really friendly.

They had a great welcome team for mom.  They had some people at her door the first morning she was there encouraging her to come out for breakfast, and she is really doing well there. She has only been there for about a week and a half.

The facility is just really nice. They have a lot of places for the people to sit during the day. There are people playing games or doing puzzles at a table. There is always a counter with fruits, cookies, coffee, and tea. They have activities like Wii Bowling tournaments, exercises, and art programs.

Caring105933450 February 11, 2015

Park Place is a big place, and the people that I talked to on the staff were very creative. The ones I got to talked to were in the office and one supervisor was very courteous, and they gave me a lot of information. I talked to others that lived there, and they liked it. They have their own dining room. The room that I saw was a little bit smaller, but it has a bed in the front room. I have heard that you have to go out to another place for laundry. It looked clean to me.

Sharon91782250 November 15, 2014

Park Place is an older brick-type building with lovely grounds. There were a lot of great things about it, but I didn’t choose it because of the price. The staff was not straightforward; they did not give us all the information, and when we took my mother there, she liked the place and we were going to fill out the paperwork to have her lived there and they said she would have to pay on her own utilities so we said no. They were dishonest about that at the beginning. We needed to be sure that everything is known, and they need to do some remodeling over there. Each person pays $4000 a month; they should at least put in new carpeting and paint the walls, because it smells like an old building.

We are sorry to hear your experience is less than what you expected. As you can see by the other reviews here, that is not usually the case. We apologize for any confusion about the monthly rent and utilities. We would be happy to discuss them with you for a better understanding. Also, we are excited to let you know that Park Place is in line to have further renovation in 2015!

Coleen3 October 03, 2014

Park Place was very favourable and the staff seemed very good. The rooms seemed very clean and it is a very nice layout. I like the fact that it was really clean and the layout was very accessible to somebody that is in a wheelchair and they were very friendly. It’s a multiple-story building but it has elevators and wide halls, and it was good.

Cindy86599150 June 19, 2014

Park Place is an older facility, and I didn’t particularly care for this place when I visited it. I wasn’t impressed with the rooms. They were small, and it had kind of a funky smell. It looked clean, but it didn’t smell clean. The salesman guy was really high pressure. They call you and call you, so it bugged me, and I really don’t like that at all.

Caring82709850 May 30, 2014

Park Place was another very nice looking facility. It was a very large place. The sanitation and layout of the place looked good. The two drawbacks would be: the price was considerably higher than where my mom was staying, and my mother would be sharing a room with another person. However, the room was fairly large. The place looked very clean and the staff was very friendly. They had a very nice, large dining room.

Cindy36 January 18, 2014

Dad is in Park Place. We choose because it is close by and recommended by others. He is able to get around the facility a little easier. It is very clean and very organized. The nursing staff is hopeful and cooperative. They are great. He is living in a one-bedroom apartment. He has a small kitchen facility complete with refrigerator, a small microwave and a small sink. He has a full bath with walk-in shower and a lot of bar to enable him to use the bath and shower. It is a basic apartment but complete for his needs. The dining room is very nice. My dad was not satisfied with the food at first, but they have a better chef and things have improved. They bring his food in his room where he eats because he is self-conscious as he is having difficulty holding his fork and feed himself. They have tons of activities. They have buses to go to doctor's appointments, if needed. They have outings and they go to different parks, museums and even Christmas lights sightings. They also have interior activities. They have an activity room and they encourage all residents to go and participate in exercises, newspaper readings, bingo and movies. They have everything to promote friendships and camaraderie. This is his first place of residents and so far, it's been great. We have no complaints.

Chris33 October 25, 2013

The staff at Park Place were very helpful and very knowledgeable. They knew some information on how she could get additional money from the VA. They were unbelievably wonderful. When we visit there, the staff knew every single resident and in fact would greet them by their names. They had a welcoming program when mom got in there. Their activities were also awesome. They have movie nights, go to outings, have picnics for the residents as well as their families. I would highly recommend them to others. What I also liked about this facility is that mom is at the independent living right now, but if she needs to go to assisted living, it would still be in the same facility.

caring0709113 July 25, 2013

My dad is at Park Place and I think it's a fine place. It's more than what he needs. I think there maintenance is doing a good job. The staff are very nice. My dad doesn't like the food. My dad likes more options with regards to the men. The apartments are really, really small also.

zen1 September 27, 2012

We visit my mother in law at Park Place every few months. The grounds are lovely and park like, my children enjoy spending time outside each time we visit. the staff is very friendly as well. The most important part, my mother in law loves living at Par Place. She is very found of her living space and enjoys eating meals in the dinning room. Even more than that living at the Park has given her a feeing of safety and comfort that we all wish for those we love. In the time that she has lived at Park Place, she has made new friends. She now enjoys an active social life. All in all we have been very please with Park Place and would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, secure, lovely, friendly home for themselves or a loved one. We look forward to the next time we visit Park Place.

From Brookdale Park Place

Brookdale Park Place provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Spokane, WA community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Park Place can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Park Place is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Spokane, WA community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Park Place

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 9:1 in assisted living, 5:1 in memory care
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Assisted Living has a DSHS License, and our Independent Living Supportive Services has a DOH License
  • State License(s): 1759

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Park Place