Basecost

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Trail Ridge Senior Living

Trail Ridge sits atop a bluff in Southwestern Sioux Falls providing spectacular views. Our Wellness Director and Certified Executive Chef have won many awards in various competitions of their craft. There are many different floor plans available to choose from making Trail Ridge one of the most unique communities in the area. The dining options are second to none and we welcome you to come try for yourself and experience our restaurant quality menu. Many of our Independent Living apartments have been remodeled or can be with granite countertops, stone tile showers, new maple cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and new updated fixtures. The Entry Fee is 90% refundable and our monthly fees are very competitive.

Trail Ridge has always been known as a "homey" and "warm" place to live. Our campus feels like a place people live rather than a business. We have elegance and extravagance but not with the high price tag associated with such luxuries. Our location coupled with the views of Sioux Falls set us apart from the competition. The dining options and choices offered are something we go above and beyond for our residents, and our Chef is top notch.

Reviews of Trail Ridge Senior Living

Posted by Caring107960850 June 18, 2015

My parents had just been accepted at Trail Ridge. The place was good. I thought the rooms were spacious enough. I met a couple of staff -- which I interviewed with -- but they seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I was satisfied with it. They had some activities. They had exercises and entertainment.

Posted by Caring108183950 June 11, 2015

My dad is going to Trail Ridge. We picked it because a very reliable friend recommended it. They have an opening, and they are a very nice facility. It is very peaceful, very calm, very clean, and organized. The staff is highly professional, very warm, and caring people. My dad will be in the memory care unit, and my mom is satisfied with the program that they describe to her.

Posted by L. Ardis December 24, 2013

The Trail Ridge Management is the most caring, helpful & loving people. The Units are very comfortable and reasonably priced. The wellness unit will be the very now that the pool is being built now.

Posted by Caring44441 December 24, 2013

They're great!

Posted by Caring0507 December 13, 2013

I have lived here 6 ½ years. Meals are very good. There are good programs 2 or 3 times a week. You are free to leave at any time w/o signing in or out. Transportation is provided. Medical 5 days a week and shopping 2 days. I am 90 ½ yrs old.

Posted by Earl & Bonnie December 13, 2013

Trail Ridge is a “fantastic” place to live. We have been here 18 years- (husband + myself) would not live any other place!

Posted by Caring8594 December 13, 2013

Staff is competent and caring. Apartment is charming and sunny. Caramel rolls are delicious. It is home!

Posted by Natalie5 November 28, 2013

The environment is like a church or family. We, as residents and guests, feel welcome and encouraged to enjoy each other and everything available. I appreciate the levels of care and activity, as well as the conscientious approach to dealings with residents.

Posted by Bob and Dorothy Johnson Caselli September 28, 2012
4.0

There is a beautiful openness about the campus provided by trees and a walking path. The location provides a distant view from your deck of the Sioux Falls community. Life in a retirement community encourages independence and time to do some of the things you've always wanted to do. One can share life with the community as much or as little as desired. Privacy is held in high regard. This is a safe place to be as a senior with an unequaled physical fitness program available to maximize our strength and endurance.

Posted by joy24 September 17, 2012

My family and I visited Trail Ridge with my grandma. We were impressed with the facility when we entered. It was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. We were able to eat lunch there to get a feel for the place, and the food was excellent. Grandma was happy with 2 meals a day being included.

While touring the facility we had several residents stop and talk to us. Since my grandma is a social person, it was nice to know she wouldn't have a problem meeting people at Trail Ridge.

The apartments were spacious and very nice. The employee who gave us a tour was very knowledgable, and didn't rush us out even though we asked a lot of questions.

I highly recommend Trail Ridge for a retirement community! It was top notch!

Posted by Arnie Bauer September 17, 2012

I've been a resident here at Trail Ridge for over 14 years. a My wife and I moved in together and she passed away in 2008. When we moved in we were both very independent. Now after 14 years I have begun to need a little more help and each time I've needed more care, it's been there for me. After all this time, I still enjoy the meals and the fellowship that dining together brings. I love my large 2 bedroom apartment and enjoy surfing the net on my computer in my den and go to all the concerts. My hobby (Matchbox Cars) is not neglected either. I couldn't be more content!

Posted by care27795 August 21, 2012

First of all, this retirement community is in a very quiet and safe area, that is obvious right away and is a major advantage. The facility is well taken care of both outside and in, another plus. The physical layout and the people made Trail Ridge very inviting. It was great that there were many different living spaces available to residents at different price ranges. There seemed to be enough options that everyone could find a place that suits them well. It is nice that this community offers both independent living apartments and assisted living apartments as well. From the residents we talked to and what we saw, the staff seems to really care about the residents and tries to do everything they can to accommodate them. There seems to be a lot of different activities for residents to partake in and we were told they get a say in activities as well. I think that is very important. The dining room had a good atmosphere and was not institutional in appearance at all which was nice to see. We were all impressed with the solarium room. There was plenty of light and comfortable furniture for gathering with others when too hot or cold to go outside. It was also nice that there was plenty of outdoor space as well so residents can go outside when they are able to. Over all, I would say that Trail Ridge was an impressive assisted living facility from my one visit. It seems to have more to offer than a lot of other facilities that I have toured.

Posted by Tricia1 September 11, 2011

This facility is reasonably priced and provides first class services to the residents. The basic package includes two hot meals, utilities, parking, storage, housekeeping, nursing care, amenities such as banking and library services with internet, shuttle service, organized games, exercise and PT, and a very caring staff. I would live there myself. It has more services for less cost than just about anything else around. I heartily recommend Trail Ridge. Other comparable facilities in the area are either more expensive, or attempt to lock in applicants like used car dealers.

Posted by southerngal September 10, 2011

This assisted living facility is one of the nicest of its kind. When I went to visit my grandmother here, I prepared myself to feel a little down about her living situation. However, once I stepped foot in this facility I was envious of where she lives! Living in this place is like living in a stately mansion where you get to interact with friendly people on a regular basis, where you have a staff to take care of many of your needs such as meal preparation, and where you can escape to peaceful parts of the property and gather your thoughts. The facility is very spacious, with lots of wonderful light shining in. Residents live in their own lovely private apartments, and the hallways are set up just like a normal apartment complex. There are plenty of common gathering spaces, and the day I visited my grandma several women were enjoying putting a puzzle together in a quiet corner of a common area. Further along my tour of the facility, we encountered a "Nintendo Wii" room where there was a rambunctious game of Wii bowling happening. It was so nice seeing elderly people hooked up to oxygen tanks having so much fun. They also have their own little movie theater and a fitness facility. My grandmother says the meals they prepare are delicious, and everyone is friendly. Families, especially families with small children, will feel comfortable visiting loved ones here. The atmosphere is upbeat and there is plenty to explore. I cannot recommend this place enough-I would move here in a heartbeat if the situation called for it.

Posted by PODBOY February 03, 2011

FINER lIVING

TRAIL RIDGE HAS BEEN AN IDEAL PLACE FOR ME TO LIVE. I HAVE BEEN HERE 3.5 YEARS AND FIND IT TO BE MORE THAN I EXPECTED FROM A RETIREWMENT HOME.

Location of Trail Ridge Senior Living

Features of Trail Ridge Senior Living

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Work shop, storage units

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 3,820
  • Highest monthly rate: 5,000

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits

• Minimum age: 55

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.