Atria Park at Lake Forest

5433 West State Road 46, Sanford, FL, 32771

Reviews of Atria Park at Lake Forest

Kim107518250 June 01, 2015

I have visited the Atria at Lake Forest. I am very familiar with this facility. Actually, I have a relative that lives there. I have nothing but good things to say about it. They are extremely caring and accommodating. They are aware of the rest of the family, and they are always very friendly and welcoming to us. She is in the Alzheimer's portion of the facility, and she has a very nice accommodation. She also likes the food. The dining room has a nice size, and it is very clean. They have an activities room and a TV room. They also bring in entertainment for the residents. She likes to walk a lot, and they have a nice courtyard.

Susan91400250 February 25, 2015

My parents were in Atria assisted living, and we were fairly happy with this facility. It was clean, and the food was good. When my parents left and I had to go back and enter their apartment, so many people stopped by, asked personally about them, and cared about them. So they really were very personally engaged in the care. We had a problem with the geriatrician who was in contact there. We were not impressed with her. I think she really put our parents' health at risk, but we ultimately had to move them out of there into a rehab facility. The activities were good, although my parents didn't get involved in those because of health issues. The sanitation was not perfect, but it was good. There were occasions when we didn't get housekeeping services for their room, and we had to request it, but it was taken care of.

Jill16 September 24, 2014

My parents were at Atria at Lake Forest. The facility is wonderful and I am very, very pleased. The staff are very loving, caring, and dedicated. Their rooms were very nice, spacious, and comfortable. We ate in their dining area and it was fantastic. It was one of the better ones that I have come across. They have a movie room and they do outings, poker, bingo; they do all kinds of different things. My dad is in their independent living, and my mom is in their memory care. I think she is having some difficulty with the food; it's every three or four hours and it is too soon. They are getting her up too early and giving the food too soon.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled hearing that you are happy as we know how difficult it can be to trust someone to care for your parents. We strive do our best everyday to instill that trust and peace of mind. I encourage you to reach out to our Resident Services Director in regards to your mother’s dining concerns to learn more about our policies and what we can do for your mom. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if we can be of further service to you and your family. We are here to help!

Bert4 August 28, 2014

My wife is at The Atria. I visited four other locations besides this location and this one had the best facility from the standpoint of the size of the room and the overall condition of the facility. The place is immaculate, very clean, modern and very up-to-date. The food is spectacular. I've been here for a month and the food is fabulous. It is very good, they bring it out in perfect timing. The dining area is very, very good. They have white tablecloths, cloths napkin and remarkable serving staff. There are more than enough people to take care of the crowd. The staff is unbelievable. They're terrific people. They are extremely accommodating. The people are marvelous. They can't do enough for you. What I like best about this community? It is hard to pick just one thing, but the staff is very excellent. They listen to you, they react right away. My wife got a little problem and they jumped on it immediately. They just can't do enough for you. In terms of activities, they post a monthly schedule in advance and they have activities every hour of the day, from 7:00 a.m. all the way through 7:00 p.m. when they run a new movie every night. They have card games, exercises and bingo. Right now, I'm in the middle of a poker game. We're only here about a month and my wife has very much acclimated already. She has already made several friends. She likes the food and her room. She likes everything about. The people are just so accommodating and so helpful. They came in early morning and they want to know what they can do for you. They help her get dressed and wheel her in her wheelchair over to the dining room. She is quite happy.

KHFP July 14, 2014

I searched for several months to find a place that was right for my father in law and met my high standards. This is the ONLY ALF in the Seminole county area that met my requirements. The food is amazing and they have nice furnishings and tablecloths! My father was eating lobster and shrimp when I arrived one day and they remember his breakfast choices and bring him "the usual" when family dine with him. They have live bands and events and lots of activities and field trips. The nursing staff is very good and housekeeping responds quickly when needed. Several of his friends upon visiting him have commented that they would like to live here when they need an ALF. There is a library and two computers / printers to use free of charge. It's like a resort but with a lot of walkers!

Bill44 April 22, 2014

We have our step-father in Atria, and everything exceeds my expectations. The staff amd caregivers who work there really seem to care, and I give them the highest praise. They have many activities. I wish they had greater proximity because they are half an hour or more away.

flore September 21, 2013

I visited this facility when I was looking for Respite Care for my Dad while we were away. It is a beautiful place and quite large. The staff member who gave me the tour was most welcoming and very helpful. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished for those seeking a temporary stay. The activity rooms were large and lovely. Residents have a wide variety of lovely places to gather both inside and out.

Mary Jo2 September 11, 2013

My mom stayed at The Atria for a year and a half. The place is very nice. The care was good for her at that time because she was not very well, but she got to a point where she was more alert than the other people. She didn't like the food though.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. While it sounds like your overall experience with our community was positive, I am concerned to hear about your mother's displeasure with the dining selections. We always strive to provide a flavorful mealtime experience. If you can provide further details on what types of entrees she did not enjoy or anything in general about the food that she didn't like, we can certainly assess the options and make changes as needed. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line if you are willing to provide additional information.

caring5966 April 30, 2013

I was very impressed the first time I went to the Atria. It's really fancy when you walk in and I really wanted to put my parents there, so I went back for an unannounced visit. One of the ladies there just had coffee with me and told me that I couldn't take pictures of the residents. She looked like she had a really bad day, her hair was messed up and everything like she was running around. Basically, I felt kind of rushed through, so that knocked it off my list completely. If she's going to treat me that way, then that's exactly how she's going to treat my parents too.

Please accept our apologies for your experience with our community on your second visit. Rest assured that this is not common. Our staff are known for being welcoming to visitors and patient with all of our residents. We hope that you will consider another visit, announced or not, so that you can see how pleasant our staff are and hopefully get a chance to speak with some of our residents. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you have any questions.

bhicks March 01, 2013

Atria Lake Forest was very well-kept. The quality of care seem high. The residents were all dressed, and there is a myriad of activities all charted on a calendar. The staff was very accommodating. They still contact me every couple of months to see how things are going. They were also very personal with the patients and addresses them by their name. They're very calm speaking with the patients. You can bring in your own furniture and set up your room like it was at home. They also have a chef and a cafeteria.

UnhappywithAtria February 24, 2013

The memory care has very limited understanding of how to handle dimentia residents that need extra care. They have and will call the sheriff's department and fire department to resolve issues they can't manage and have done so with frequency. CNA's who have managed dimentia patients told us that they didn't understand why the staff is surprised or unable to manage dimentia if that is what they claim they can do. If your loved one poses challenges, they will send them to the ER over and over again and will eventually Baker Act them so they don't have to deal with them. Be warned.

We appreciate your feedback about our community and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the details of your review and the community name so that we can talk further about the situation.

caring0104213 January 24, 2013

We're hoping to move my mother at Atria Lake Forest within the next week or so. We loved what we have seen that's why we chose it. We know that there's going to be a transition period, but my mom chose it because she like the staff. They're recently remodeling the Alzheimer's area, so we were pleased with that. Right now, the ratio of staff to patient is very nice and not an overwhelming amount. They've been very accommodating. And so far so good.

kendra1030 October 13, 2012

The location is great and close to losts of public restuarants and stores that are easily accessable. The inside of the building was clean and looked as though routine maitnence had been done. The landscape was welcoming also. i really enjoyed talking to the staff. they were very friendly and seemed as though they all enjoyed their jobs. it came off as a very positive environment and is still close to where i love. i would definetly keep this in mind. it is still an option.

PattyC1 March 16, 2012

I live near this facility and occasionally thought about visiting it to see if the inside was as nice as the outside. When a friend of mine went to visit her aunt I had the chance to see what I'd always been curious about. Take it from me, the inside is just as impressive as the outside! Climate control is important in Florida, and the temperature was perfect throughout. The staff was friendly directed us to the aunt's residence. Comfort was everywhere, and from what I saw in passing, there isn't a single amenity missing. I have no doubt careful thought and plenty of time was put into making this facility exactly the type of place anyone would like having a senior family member reside at. There is also an area set aside for a Hospice, which I think is one of the things that puts Atria at the top of the list in this area.

From Atria Park at Lake Forest

Atria Park of Lake Forest offers independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. The community is surrounded by majestic oak trees on a beautiful eight-acre campus and is just minutes from downtown Sanford, the Seminole Mall, and nearby Orlando and Mt. Dora. Our residents enjoy luxury amenities, delicious restaurant-style dining, dynamic calendars with more than 200 monthly events, and the freedom to choose which opportunities to explore next. Atria Park of Lake Forest offers many care options that can be tailored to your needs as they change. Select a senior apartment from more than 200 suites in various sizes, including studio, and one- and two-bedroom floor plans. Then, choose the level of discreet care that feels right. With Atria Park of Lake Forest, the choice is yours. Visit us today, and see what exceptional senior living is all about.

Blended independent and assisted living (50%/50% currently) so people can move in as independent and when they need more assistance they do not need to change apartments/buildings/wings. 3 neighborhoods for memory care: high functioning, moderate functioning, and low functioning. This allows residents to be with others who are in the same phases of dementia. LNS license allows us to do some higher level nursing care (oxygen management, diabetic care, injections, wound care, catheter care).

Features of Atria Park at Lake Forest

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,859/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: LNS
  • State License(s): ALF AL10233

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Atria Park at Lake Forest