Brookdale Oakwell

3360 Oakwell Court, San Antonio, TX, 78218

Promotion ends in 16 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Oakwell

Texas2Step January 30, 2014

I think that Emeritus might be typical of a lot of places. It was not very warm, nothing wrong with it. I didn't run away screaming thinking Oh no, no, no. The landscaping, I guess, looked uncared for and when I first came in, there was a woman sitting in the entrance in her wheelchair all by herself and there is just no great outdoor space, I wasn't impressed. They could have more attractive activity areas and outdoor areas where people can gather and make it feel a little bit more like a community.

Pamela14 September 26, 2013

Mom has been at Emeritus at Oakwell Farms for a week and so far so good. They have given my mom extra care. They have a lot of activities. They take the residents to the doctor's appointments. They also take them to Walmart and Target.

Diane33 August 11, 2013

I would love to place my husband at Emeritus at Oakwell Farms if he was eligible because they seemed to be very good, but they don't take patients who had feeding tubes on their stomach. But they seemed to be a very nice place to go. Their rooms were very nice and had kitchen facilities. Their dining room was in an average size. They had lots of activities. What I liked best about them was the fact that they seemed to know all their residents and they were able to personalize things. They seemed to really want to help them. I was impressed.

Susan A November 22, 2012

I did not interview other facilities! The facility my parents are in is a small complex which they adjusted too better than a larger facility! It is a good place but visit often!! It does go with a high turnover! Overall it is a good place!

commercesd June 12, 2012

We went to visit the Emeritus at Oakwell Farms assisted living facility since we happened to be in the vicinity looking at other places to consider for my brother's friend.

The grounds looked well tended and maintained, with plenty of nice trees and shrubs. The communal areas were nicely designed with easy to access furniture and a comforting decor. There were plenty of nice areas for quiet time as well as socializing with other residents and friends, family and other visitors.

The dining rooms include both casual and formal options. Their menus offer a variety of healthy food options. The food we saw looked nutritious, delicious and smelled really good, too. The snacks also looked interesting and healthy with a nice mix of nutritious options.

We also liked that they encourage drinking plenty of fluids for healthy hydration each day.
The private areas were nicely decorated and personalized for the residents and it was clear that they enjoy their surroundings a great deal.

The seniors are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard.

The facility is close to the metro area so that residents may enjoy all of the local events, art, culture, music, shopping and fine and casual dining offered.

We could really see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect so that they are very well cared for at all times.

mary4 September 13, 2011

Kingsley Place at Oakwell in San Antonio is an excellent assisted living community. It is now known as Emeritus Senior Living. My dear grandmother who raised me, lived there for two years, 2002-2003. I visited many times and never saw anything that did not seem right. //The facility has 80 apartments for seniors. Each of these is unique because the residents or their families can furnish them any way they wish. My grandmother's room was furnished entirely with her own belongings. Pictures of loved ones are an important detail to help the resident remember faces and names. At Kingsley, the residents can display their photos or other favorite things in a display box outside their apartment.// Kingsley Place has an open dining area where all meals are served. There is plenty of room for visitors to sit and visit with the residents. //My favorite part of Kingsley Place was the beautiful courtyard with walking trails. There, one could sit and visit, or walk. There was a garden that was planted and cared for by the residents. //Other activities included games to help with coordination and balance (on-site rehabilitation at any level, sit down games such as crossword puzzles and other memory games to help the residents stay mentally engaged. Of course, there was a large TV in the living area (which was rarely used other than to watch the evening news.) Plenty of large print reading materials were always available. //To summarize my review I would describe Kingsley Place as a large, comfortable home with its peripheral apartments surrounding it. The cooks were excellent and the staff kind and caring, giving the seniors just enough freedom for them to feel that they could still do many things. //Some of the amenities included a beauty shop and bathing facilities for those who needed help bathing. //I would recommend this place to anyone looking for elder care in the Oakwell Farms area.

From Brookdale Oakwell

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Oakwell

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 030087