Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

4795 Skyline Rd. South, Salem, OR, 97306

Reviews of Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

caringheart@123 January 21, 2012

Grandmother has lived at Southern Hills for 6 years. I can sleep at night knowing that the staff look after her and are always there for her when she needs them most. I am a care provider myself professionally, and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking assisted living services. The community is always clean and clean smelling.

Marybeth2 August 25, 2011

Don't be swayed by the lovely public areas. When it comes to concern and care for it's residents, So. Hills will not do the simplest "extra" without adding hundred's of dollars to their bill. Their staff turnover must be in excess of 85% in a 1 year period. They clearly stated they had neither the time or the staff to check on the welfare of their redidents. Unless your loved one can pretty much take care of him or herself, avoid Southern Hills.

doman July 26, 2011

Resident care is not a priority at this facility. My mother lived there for 3 years. During that time, she lost weight and became very depressed. Management did not respond to my requests or concerns. When my mother became so ill WE had to rush her to the emergency room, the patient care coordinator blamed my mother for not pulling the call button. She made it clear to me that Southern Hills did not have the staff to check on the welfare of their residents.

There is a large staff turnover. They had 3 directors and 1 interium director, 4 patient care coordinators, and at least an 85% turnover in other staff in 3 years. The rental rates are high and charges are made for services that most facilities include in their base rate. The public areas are quite lovely and well maintained but this is not the case with resident apartments. Carpets and windows are not cleaned regularly and my mother often waited a week for light bulbs to be replaced.

Unless prospective residents can function independently and require little in the way of service, it is my opinion that Southern Hills will not meet their needs.

From Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills offers seniors and their families a range of senior living and care services from our inviting community.

Living at Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills gives you the freedom to enjoy the activities you love most without worrying about the hassle of household responsibilities. From our restaurant-style dining services that offer an ever-changing menu of new and familiar meals, to a full calendar of events and activities that let you choose your desired level of activity, you're in control of selecting the care and services that are right for you.

Features of Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: 1798440872

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills