Morning Pointe of Russell

1000 Addington Drive, Russell, KY, 41169

Reviews of Morning Pointe of Russell

Caring110153150 April 30, 2015

Very compassionate and caring staff. They go above and beyond. The executive director delivered flowers to me in the hospital. Every day in hospital, I had a visit from one of the employees at Morning Pointe. They make sure you have everything you need.

Lynn42 March 17, 2015

Morning Pointe is the nicest place around; that is why we chose it for my father. Everyone that I met there was very professional and seemed to care. One of the nurses and the director of the facility is highly recommended by my father. They guide you in making the transition as easy as possible.

Caring101424950 February 26, 2015

I moved my mother here because it was 20 miles away from me, and I was able to see her everyday and attend to her, but with personal care, you probably won't want to use this one. Most of the people that worked directly with my mother were well trained and had been there for a long time and they knew how to take care of people, but they had a huge amount of turnover there. They had a lot of young workers, and it's like they didn't know how to do things. I constantly had trouble with the laundry; clothes would come in to mom's room that were not hers, and her clothes didn't come back to the room even though everything was marked. They washed clothes with Kleenex in pockets, and they washed colors with white, so that was an issue. They would take her to the bathroom several times so she wouldn't be wet all the time, but again that depended on who took care of her. They had four or five exceptional people, and the rest needed extra training.

I was very unhappy with Morning Pointe Ridge. I talked with a nurse that was on-duty and asked her questions, but they were instructed; instead of giving me an answer, they had to go and talk to the nursing supervisor who then came and talked to me. They relied heavily on PRN medication which we did not want them to do. They did not notify us before they did that, but when they could not get mom to comply with what they wanted, they would call us. My overall experience there was overshadowed by the executive director and the nursing director who were very uncooperative and difficult to work with.

Dolores12 November 15, 2014

I liked how beautiful and how all-together Morning Pointe was and how they had everything covered. The staff was wonderful. They were very caring. It was wonderfully clean. The dining area was very nice, and they ordered up the food there. However, I didn't taste the food; I just looked.

Stella6 August 17, 2014

The staff in Morning Pointe Ridge is very compassionate. The leaders of the community are very responsive. They also serve the best food around.

From Morning Pointe of Russell

Conveniently located adjacent to Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital and just six miles from downtown Ashland in Russell, Kentucky, Morning Pointe of Russell is a state-of-the-art senior living community offering 42 spacious apartments with multiple floor plan choices. The facility also offers another 16 apartments in The Lantern Alzheimer's memory care program, a separate, secure wing in the building.

At Morning Pointe you will find assistance with medication, transportation to appointments, delicious meals... whatever your loved one needs and whenever they need it, Morning Pointe is here serving Ashland and the greater Russell, KY area.

Morning Pointe can help manage the uncertainty of caring for an aging loved one, while enhancing their independence. At Morning Pointe, trained staff listen to learn the resident's preferences and needs. Each care plan is tailored to assure dignity and enhance quality of life. Individual care plans are reviewed regularly and when necessary are coordinated with outside medical providers allowing the residents’ ever changing needs to be met today and in the future.

Licensed nurses at Morning Pointe work closely with the resident’s family and physicians to understand changing medication needs. Our licensed nurses oversee medication management ensuring your loved one takes the correct medication at the right time.

In The Lantern Alzheimer's memory care program at Morning Pointe of Ashland, the staff nurture and maintain each resident's individuality, dignity and quality of life through our Meaningful Day program. By investing time and attention in understanding roles, routines, life experiences and interests of each resident,The Lantern team of professionals create an environment that truly enhances the quality of life. Eating right doesn’t have to be hard. At Morning Pointe, our staff work closely with the residents to understand their preferences and create an ever changing menu that includes seasonal fruits and vegetables. A wide variety of nutritious entrees and always available alternate items create a dining experience that is full of choices.

Social interaction is one of the keys to healthy aging. At Morning Pointe, our staff listens to understand individual interests and past experiences to help build a Life Enrichment Program that includes a wide variety of activities, giving a sense of purpose and creating meaningful days. Come see the Difference at Morning Pointe!

Features of Morning Pointe of Russell

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Housing extra: Alcove, Deluxe, and ALZ Suites
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,910/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55