Belmont Village Rancho Palos Verdes

Reviews of Belmont Village Rancho Palos Verdes

Overview of Ratings

4.7

July 23, 2014

My dad broke his hip. He was at Belmont Village from January to March. He had a nice room, and they did a lot of physical therapy. We were pleased with that. The room was pretty big. The staff was very good because he was post surgical, so we were in there frequently. I was very pleased with the staff attending. They had '40s band music one time. Belmont Village was close to home. It was a very warm feeling at that place.

September 30, 2013

By Daisy11

Belmont Village of Rancho Palos Verdes is a facility that is on a hill thus is really has a nice overlooking view. The place actually is very, very nice. The rooms have a very nice view overlooking the hill. They offered everything from independent to assisted living. They really had a really nice program called circle of friends where they would invite people so that the residents would become more active with each other. I really like that concept. With regards to their dining room it's like going to a restaurant wherein you can have options on the menu. They have outings and they have buses to take the residents to restaurants. It's very nice. I like that when you walk in, if someone didn't tell you this for the elderly you couldn't tell. They did have a smell of a nursing or an assisted living home. They kept their ground well maintained. The lighting was very good. I like the whole atmosphere. The staff was extremely pleasant to deal. The only thing that was a very big drawback for us was the cost, but then they say you pay for what you get and for this facility it's very much true.

December 22, 2012

By SoCalFP

I have noticed being a healthcare provider that the local environment correlates quite well with the available care facilities. Palos Verdes is a beautiful area, and this assisted living facility fits right in. The staff are all attentive and available to the needs of the residents at all time, and try their best to be sympathetic when problems arise. The facility is well lit, very clean, and has a design that doesn't inhibit those with impaired mobility. Most important of all though is that every individual I have come across who stays there doesn't regret their choice of where to stay and it would take extraordinary circumstances for them to agree to relocate.

June 26, 2012

By forwardslider

My family sent my grandfather to live in this facility for the last several years of his life. His room was comfortable and the staff were friendly and professional. Whenever myself or another member of the family visited, we were greeted by a person at the front desk who signed in visitors and made us feel welcomed. My only experience with other assisted living facilities was the one my grandfather stayed at previously, and the care he received there was far inferior. Belmont seemed to be a place of rest and relaxation for him, where he had a spacious room and a comfortable life that allowed him to live happily for his last few years. Belmont encouraged activity and socialization among the elderly staying with them, which, in my opinion improved my grandfather's (and other residents') experiences there.While all care facilities tend to have some depressing elements (due to the nature of what an assisted living facility actually is), I believe Belmont did a great job emphasizing the good and minimizing the bad.

May 18, 2012

We visited Belmont Village for my mom. Everything was really clean. One of the first things I noticed was that there was no unpleasant smell like other facilities. The people seemed at ease. There was a peaceful and content look to all of them. We didn't get a chance to try the food. I also noticed that the people that worked there knew everybody on a first name basis. They seem more connected with the residents. It was a nicer environment compared to other places we visited. It was calm and had a homey atmosphere. They also gave us the option for my mom to stay there a month to see how she likes it. She is resistant right now, but I can see her liking it if she stayed there for two weeks.

September 29, 2011

By ampylozano

First of all the location is magnificent. Very quiet and safe location and you will just feel at home right away as soon as you see the facility building. It is fresh, new and clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the residents look so happy and well taken cared of. Their food menu looks delicious and healthy and transportation is provided to suit the resident's needs.They have daily activity planned to keep the residents entertained.

August 17, 2011

By Titanic1909

Other

This is a very small facility, but also a very nice one. The facility is located a quarter mile from the ocean, and the neighborhood is on the busier side. It's located in a residential area. The grounds are very well groomed with very nice flowers. It's very upscale and very attractive. The common areas were very small, but very beautiful. The residents' rooms are also small, but beautiful. I think this facility can only accommodate about 50 residents. The staff isn't too friendly, but they seemed to be friendly with the residents. I think they were pretty well-trained, maybe a 9 out of 10 for training. The food looked good and healthy. It looked like they served small portions, but it looked good. I didn't see many activities there.

Let Us Search For You

• Coffee Shop
    • Pool
    • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1 (Secured) 8 To 1 (Circle Of Friends) 12 To 1 (Assisted Living)

• Licenses: RCFE License 198601646
    • State Licenses: 198601646

About Belmont Village Rancho Palos Verdes

Belmont Village facility of Rancho Palos Verdes is located in a beautiful Palos Verdes peninsula residential neighborhood, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and greater Los Angeles basin. This area, which is known for its dramatic views from the Palos Verdes Hills, is convenient for our senior living residents and families because of the many shopping centers, including The Promenade of the Peninsula, eateries, healthcare facilities, places of worship and more.

Inside the distinctive façade of Belmont Village is an equally unique and inviting interior. Resident apartments feature high standards of safety and comfort. And Belmont's resident care programs have earned the trust of residents and families, as well as the respect of healthcare professionals. At Belmont Village, the primary goal of our well-trained and responsive staff is the care and safety of residents.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
    • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
    • Assistance with daily living
    • Well-trained, dedicated staff
    • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
    • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
    • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
    • Free scheduled transportation
    • Enrichment programs and social activities
    • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
    • Housekeeping and laundry
    • Private and companion apartments
    • Short-term stays available
    Memory Care rate includes the following
    (there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
    • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
    • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
    • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
    • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
    • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
    • 24-hour emergency call response system
    • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
    • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
    • Daily trash removal and bed-making
    • All utilities except private telephone
    • Cable TV programming

A luxury community where services and programs provided are of the highest of standards. A community where residents can age in place.

Map of Belmont Village Rancho Palos Verdes