Sunrise of Palo Alto

2701 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA, 94306

Reviews of Sunrise of Palo Alto

Caring83652850 April 30, 2014

Sunrise Palo Alto had an underground parking garage. I live in rural Oregon, and I don't do the parking garage thing. There was also street parking. To get into the parking garage, you had to have the code. The residents there seemed happy. I really liked that they had a family dining room that you could reserve for birthdays and so forth. I thought that was really neat.

Martin 1 September 26, 2012

Sunrise is a typical retirement community. I have a 2-bedroom suite and the food is excellent. I have no complaints, everything is fine here. Something worth really well. It doesn't have a swimming pool or athletic facilities. The staff was very helpful and wonderful. It's a fine place.

Gene August 29, 2011

Nice facility. Somewhat short on staff and services, especially with food services and quality. As a profit making organization, a great deal depends the leadership of the local manager and how much of the budget is allocated to hiring caring staff.

steven_fram August 09, 2011

My mom, with fairly advanced Alzheimer's, stayed at Sunrise in Palo Alto for the better part of a year (2008-2009).

The facility itself is beautiful, and my mom (who appreciates the 'finer things in life' really appreciated that aspect. My mom is also not the easiest person to deal with, so I appreciated that the management was willing to accommodate her needs -- a quiet room, first floor, meals in her room when she wanted, and so-on.

There was, however, a significant downside. The facility always seemed to be short-staffed, and so i felt that my mom was not getting the amount of attention that she needed, and that we believed she would receive. One morning I visited and found her asleep on the couch (and she had fallen off the couch before); apparently, nobody had visited or thought to move her to bed during the night.

That said, I feel that if your family member is more independent than my mom was, Sunrise might be a good choice.

stevetachnafram March 26, 2008

My loved one stayed here

My parent moved in earlier this year, and I have to say it's a mixed bag. As compared to other assisted living facilities I am familiar with, there is a greater expectation of independence. The downside here is if your loved one needs more attention -- there are times when my parent is left alone when she really needs help. My guess i that they scrimp a bit on staffing. Pluses: - Attractive facility - Good collection of activities - Great location Minuses: - Pushy, turn-off salesperson - Very pricey - Dining room service poor - Food is nothing to write home about.

From Sunrise of Palo Alto

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise of Palo Alto stops at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of the Sunrise staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Palo Alto in California is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

*At Sunrise of Palo Alto, we also offer Below Market Rate Suites. These accommodations are only available to those who financially qualify. Make sure to inquire about the eligibility for this program.

Sunrise Senior Living of Palo Alto brings over 30 Years of Experience in caring for and serving seniors since 1981, providing the comforts of home, from home-cooked meals to community pets, while maintaining Dignity & Independence in a safe, nurturing environment. We remain focused on the individual needs of our residents.

Features of Sunrise of Palo Alto

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: The Ratio of Care Staff to Residents is determined by an Assessed Level of Care for each Resident's individual needs
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: CLPSUN III tenant, LP &Sunrise senior Living MGMT INC
  • State License(s): 435294227

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Palo Alto