Sunrise of Mission Viejo

26151 Country Club Drive, Mission Viejo, CA, 92691

Reviews of Sunrise of Mission Viejo

mtt March 02, 2016

My mother lived at Sunrise of Mission Viejo for 6 months. After 5 months, she was charged an extra $37 a day for "higher level care needs," which it was explained to me that staff would be checking daily on my mother to make sure she was alright. On October 22 and 23, 2015 my mother fell twice in her room and hit her head. No one had walked in her room to check with her to see if she was alright, notwithstanding the extra $37 a day she was charged for this "higher level needs" service. I do not recommend Sunrise of Mission Viejo.

Thank you for sharing a review. Please know that we take all concerns, like yours, seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise in regards to your mother’s fall and care. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Maryanne7 January 26, 2016

Of all the places, I liked Sunrise of Mission Viejo the best. The people were really nice, and the staff seemed to be very caring to the residents. They had a beauty shop. They even suggested that I setup a time when my parents could go in to see what it was like, and they did follow-up also. I would recommend them.

Caring Daughter116552750 December 21, 2015

We visited Sunrise. It was fine but way too expensive. There seemed to be a lot of people out and about. The staff is very pleasant, and the woman I spoke with was very knowledgeable. The rooms were small and nothing special.

Beverly120674250 December 11, 2015

Sunrise of Mission Viejo is good. It is homey in a good way. The staff were all very friendly and looked like they knew all their residents. It was a good visit. The residents looked happy to be there. I talked with a lady while I was waiting in the lobby, and she was happy with the place. My overall impressions were good ones.

Kathy B2 November 25, 2015

I went back the second time to Sunrise of Mission Viejo. The tour ladies were wonderful, answered all of our questions, very polite and personable. It was beautiful. They had a covered porch outside with chairs and some of the residents were enjoying sitting there. It was very clean on the inside, decorated tastefully, and they had a nice dining facility. The rooms were clean and well kept. A lady took me into a room that was being lived in with the permission of the resident and it was very clean and neat and looked great. The only thing that I would have liked more is a little bit more outdoor space for the residents because all they had was the porch. There were no gardens or walk through, and that was my only drawback on that one. There were some activities going on when I was there, some music, piano playing, and the residents were enjoying that. I got to see their activities list, which were very abundant. There was plenty to do for the residents.

tdcrump August 18, 2015

Very nice, quiet facility. Room were bring and airy, and the staff was friendly. They knew all residents, and were helpful.

Jeff38 May 28, 2015

Sunrise of Mission Viejo had the best apple pie I had ever eaten. The rooms were nice. The staff was very nice and helpful, and they had different activities. It's across the street from a golf course, and it seemed pretty new. They had nursing staff on the floor to do medications.

Caring107659850 May 17, 2015

Sunrise of Mission Viejo was very beautiful and very well taken care of with lots of amenities and very friendly people. The apartments were good sized, very clean, and looked like they had all they would need for assisted living. The dining area was very nice like a semi upscale restaurant. The memory care section had a coffee shop setup, and the food looked OK. They had different people that come in and talk to them or entertain them every day in the main lounge. They had crafts, and they had some trips for the more ambulatory ones. The staff were friendly and helpful, and they looked pretty strong, so they could manage the ones that would need a little bit extra assistance.

Terry106127250 May 16, 2015

My dad had been at Sunrise in Mission Viejo. It was crowded, and they had more people, but they didn't have many areas to do activities, so it was kind of in the same space. They'd be eating where they had dinner, and then when they clear people out of there, they'd have activities there or right in the area where you first walk in. His room was a little small, and it got very hot in the afternoon because the sun came in, and he didn't have as many activities, so he would be sitting in his room a lot when he needed to get out. The people were nice; you just felt rushed and crowded. The food was OK. He didn't really do any activities. I know they had little things, but it wasn't much, and then the room was a little smaller than what he has now. It was a shared one where they shared a bathroom and a kitchen area.

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Brian22 April 30, 2015

I chose Sunrise of Mission Viejo for a family member because it is convenient and also because of their overall reputation. The room is pretty good actually; not bad. The staff are very good and attentive. Their food is good as well. Everything seemed okay with the facility. They have trips and exercise program. They also have music-related things.

James100560050 February 10, 2015

I went there at Sunrise of Mission Viejo with my mother and my sister for my father. It is a nice facility. They have real nice people, nice place, and a nice tour. I just couldn't get my mom to stick my dad in there though. He wants to go, but she says that he won't do that to her, so she's not going to do that to him. They have single and double rooms. They showed us everything. We didn't eat there, but the people were setting down and eating in there. It almost like a restaurant you'd visit. It sure is a nice place. As for activities, there might have been something about getting out on vans or small buses and doing things on certain days. The ladies we talked to were nice people. It's a nice place and a really nice facility.

Sheri7 January 16, 2015

Sunrise of Mission Viejo was very small and very personable. When we first looked at it close to 2 years ago, my mother-in-law didn't want to be there. It was her first experience looking at senior living. She wanted to stay in her house. But the impression I got with the environment and the staff was that it was very nice, and they were very personable. It seemed to be a very small facility. It wasn't the big open floor plan that is so welcoming. It seemed a little dark, and the buildings were a bit older. They were quite busy, and they had a good operation there.

slave4ups August 08, 2014

My husband and I went on a tour of this facility because my mother-in-law is in need of respite care for a couple of weeks after she leaves the hospital. First the parking situation is kind of weird as there is only maybe 8 spots in the front. I guess you can park on the street, but the day we went, there were no spots there either. There is a back parking lot, but it is a far walk to the entrance. As well, there is an enormous apartment complex being built right next to the facility which will be completed in another year or so. Our tour guide was very helpful and very knowledgeable. As we went into the room to start our meeting, one of the head chefs came in to greet us and gave us an entire homemade apple pie. He was also very nice and suggested we come by the dining room if we had any questions. This facility is very clean and did smell like a Fabreeze air plug in when we walked in. This facility has three bedroom styles: the studio, the Denver (two rooms separated by a wall with a large walkway to the back room), and a 2-bedroom. We were shown the room my mother-in-law would be using and it could use some work. The covering on the kitchen counter was peeling back by the refrigerator, but overall it was nice. I think the rooms need some remodeling as they look dated, but they are clean. If you are looking for a place for a loved one, I do recommend you stop by Sunrise and check them out.

Caring88465850 July 20, 2014

Sunrise at Mission Viejo is a pretty good facility. The facility was very clean, and it smelled good. For the couple of hours that I was there, it seemed very nice. They have a skilled nursing facility. If my dad gets any worse, I will move him to this facility. The rooms are a lot smaller in this facility.

Debra26 March 29, 2014

My dad has been living in Sunrise for two and a half months now. It looks like a Mexican hacienda with a drive-through circle in front, and there are lots of trees all around. They plant flowers to match the season, and inside at all the tables are fresh flowers every day. Dad’s room is upstairs, and they have furniture where you can sit and beautiful pictures on the wall. The staff who helped me on the tour was excellent. The place is real cozy and it feels like home. They have walking, movies and popcorn, ice cream socials, parties for the holidays, and puzzles. They don’t have a lot of outside activities; they take them out for drives sometimes but with no specific places. They have doctor assistance and staff who comes to the facilities, and we take advantage of that. The people who work there are so friendly, and they treat the residents with such respect and kindness. They’re always talking to them and just stopping in the room, and they check on them constantly. There’s such a real relationship between the people and the residents. There’s a group of caregivers that is in charge of a group of people, and they check on them every hour and are aware of what they’re doing.

Hilda1 December 01, 2013

My client is now at Sunrise of Mission Viejo. I was impressed with the staff and how they handle things; it was incredible. The facility was very clean. I would consider living there, but I would like the outdoor facility a little bit more spacious.

LovelyLady0000087 November 21, 2013

The physical location of Sunrise is great. The staff who talked to us was nice and extremely pleasant. But the bedroom is not separated and the community room is very small, just like a TV room in the house. However, I will still recommend this facility to others.

Roco March 31, 2012

The caregivers for the Alzheimer's Unit are the best, caring, giving & loving!

stephsandiego1987 August 05, 2011

Sunrise Senior Living provides Assisted Living, Alzheimer's, and Respite/Short Term care. It is located right next to a golf course, which provides a nice backdrop for the walking trails and is very quiet. It is a very friendly and professional environment, and the staff seems to take pride in their work and the facilities. What surprised me the most was the atmosphere at Sunrise - it feels like home and there is a sense of community.

From Sunrise of Mission Viejo

Located near the I-5 freeway, just east of the OSO Parkway, Sunrise of Mission Viejo is nestled in the heart of Mission Viejo, California, adjacent to the Mission Viejo Country Club with a variety of suites that offer a wonderful view of the golf course and surrounding valley. We pride ourselves in championing quality of life for all seniors. Our passion is to provide extraordinary care for our residents while offering a unique living experience and a variety of care options.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. You'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

We staff for need 365 days a year. Every Sunrise resident has a customized Individual Service Plan (plan of care) upon move-in. Care services delivered by the Sunrise Signature Designated Care Manager. Nurses on site every day.

Features of Sunrise of Mission Viejo

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State License(s): 306002644

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid