Brookdale Las Vegas

3025 E. Russell Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89120

Reviews of Brookdale Las Vegas

Average Rating:
Michael46651250 January 24, 2015

My sister lived at Emeritus at Las Vegas, and the staff was very good. They were very friendly, and they helped all of her needs. They always seemed to have smiles on their faces. She had a room all by herself, and it was very nice. It had a view of a courtyard, and it was very big. It had a nice, big bathroom and closet space. It’s very, very large. The food was OK. The dining room was very large, and they brought food to the table. They provide three entrées everyday.

anonymous104608350 January 18, 2015

I was not really impressed with the Emeritus at Las Vegas. It had a much smaller community. The gardens were not as large as where we placed my dad. We met the director and some of the staff. They were friendly and accommodating. The dining area was nice, and it was almost like being in a restaurant.

They have activities like chair karate at 9:30 in the morning. They play a video on the TV, and they gather the residents in an open area to do exercises while they are sitting on a chair or in a wheel chair. They also have activities like “name that tune,” baking cookies, yoga, games, puzzles, bingo, and music therapy. They do a lot of activities, and each day is a little bit different.

Caring88304750 November 14, 2014

I visited Emeritus. The staff was very nice and very helpful. I was very impressed with the facility. I liked the facility, and that would have been my father's final place, but it didn't happen. I would have placed my father there had he not passed away. I would absolutely recommend it to people.

Jill18 October 18, 2014

My father is in Emeritus at Las Vegas. We chose this facility because of the location and because they have Medicare and/or Medicaid. I love all of the caregivers. They are wonderful. They communicate well with my father, and my dad likes all of them. He does not complain about the food because the food is OK. They help them up to the dining room if they need any help. The room is clean. The facility is very nice and very well kept. They have a program for all of them. So, after breakfast, they can go and watch the prize is right in the TV room. They have a little exercise class for them. They have bingo after lunch. They have movie evenings with popcorn and stuff. They do quite a bit with them there.

Steve41 August 29, 2014

Emeritus at Las Vegas seemed like a nice facility. It's clean and I was impressed with it. The staff were very friendly and nice. The rooms were adequate. They had activities going on and the residents seemed quite happy there.

Nancy87810350 June 27, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Las Vegas, and the staff was very helpful and very polite. They showed us all around, and it looked like a great place. In fact, I think I'd like to go there myself. The sizes of the rooms were bigger than what I expected. They were very nicely decorated. I had no problems with the facility.

Caring87015950 June 27, 2014

I liked the staff and everything about Emeritus. They seemed engaged. I didn't try the food, but it looked good. The residents seemed happy. The parking area was adequate, and the location was fine. I liked the common area where the residents hang out, except that I didn't like the residents' rooms. They were all double occupancy rooms with no privacy at all. I don't like that when you walked down the hall, all the doors of the residents' rooms were open, and there were two beds in each room without any partitions.

Judy88626850 June 26, 2014

Emeritus is a nice place. I liked it. They seem really good there. The apartments are very good. I visited the dining area, but I didn't taste the food. I liked all their activities. It seemed like they have a lot going on for people to do and to keep them entertained.

Yvonne13 June 10, 2014

The Emeritus is a nice place. Very warm. It's got a lot of people involved, and they go out of their way to help you. The staff is very caring. They do a lot of things with their people. The rooms are nice. The only one I visited was a single, and the single is fairly large.

Thomas34 April 01, 2014

The one I liked best was Emeritus. I liked the view; it really blew me away. This really beautiful porch was there, along with nice lounge chairs and so forth. If you go out there with your morning coffee, you could watch the sunrise, and that would be really cool. If it's in the evening, you could go there and watch the sunset, and that would be cool. This is a spectacular mountain view which you don't have here in Ohio. That sounds like the life to me.

It looked brand new. It was very clean and well-organized, plenty of stuff to do. It was near some of the businesses. In my particular case, I liked how it's close to a gym. I can work out and get in the pool, so it was very good for me. I remember they have a bus. It takes you wherever you want to go. If you have a doctor's appointment, you can schedule the bus. They do have stuff: games, bingo, exercise groups. I remember they have somebody who will come in and present information on the facets of being elderly, and you can go listen and learn.

The lady who ran it was very helpful. She took the time herself to show me around, so that was pretty cool. She has contacted me since I was out there. In other words, she's obviously interested in how I'm doing.

Caring81945650 March 27, 2014

Someone recommended Emeritus at Las Vegas to me, so that is why I went there for a visit. I really like the facility. The staff was very helpful, but I just didn?t like the facility's location. If it were in a different area, I would have placed my dad there.

Joan43 February 28, 2014

We moved my mom to Emeritus at Las Vegas. The place is very clean. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. It seems like a very nice place. I am not really impressed with their rooms because they are a bit small and kind of bland, but they are okay. They are setup where you can have two beds in a room. The one nice thing I can say about it is that most of the rooms that I have seen the windows are facing a very nice courtyard. It's so peaceful and restful.

Caring1836 December 30, 2013

Emeritus at Las Vegas is close to our house and it's an affordable facility. The place is nice and clean. Everybody was very nice and helpful. ItÕs a very pleasant place. My brother-in-law before he passed away had a shared room there and it was like a little studio. Their dining room is nice. They offered many activities like bingo games. They had a piano player. They had movies, pool tables, and they also had little tours to the shopping centers and casino. The food was good.

Rahim1 December 27, 2013

I like Emeritus at Las Vegas. It's beautiful. The only problem with it is that it's too far from where I work. However, in terms of location, it is essential to everything. It is not too far from downtown. The facility itself is very clean. It is also a very active community. I did try to eat there and the food was excellent. In terms of communication between the staff and the people, it could be better. That's something they could improve on. Other than that, Emeritus at Las Vegas is an excellent facility.

Caring8857 November 20, 2013

Emeritus was nice but the rooms were small. The facility and the layout are nice as well as the dining area. I don't have anything bad to say. Everybody was real nice but it just came down to cost and it was a big factor.

Caring71498350 October 05, 2013

Emeritus was a beautiful and clean community. They had very courteous and friendly people. They had a lot of activities like bingo and they take their residents to the casino. However, it was expensive.

Diana14 July 11, 2013

I found out that Emeritus at Las Vegas is extremely shady and I would not do business with them or refer anyone to that company ever again. My mom stayed there and it was an extremely dirty place. They do not take care of the people. They do not have people that are qualified to take care of these people. They need to improve their whole system. They have to make sure their people are licensed caregivers who know how to give care, and basically, they need to make sure that they clean the facility better.

midnightwalrus June 14, 2013

I just did a tour with the Executive Director over the last weekend. I am just so impressed. Inviting, clean, and staff who had smiles on their faces. A clean environment, with open areas, coffee and a beautiful middle outside courtyard. Julie seems to be a terrific Executive Director and I was surprised that a Manager would take the time to see me. I really hope my mom will be able to move in.

Caring1008 May 22, 2013

Emeritus Spring Valley was just so interesting and inviting. They also had big courtyard area that everyone could walk. I liked that there were no locked doors. But there wasn't anybody walking around with a set of keys like a matron in a jail. The main door was locked but everything else is inside. People could come in and out if they want it. The residents never thought they were in jail, so I was very impressed. My mother is still very high-functioning. And I like this one, because it was big enough and there were different levels of care.

Shelly1 June 19, 2012

I called a couple of places and Emeritus was the one who gave me the quickest response. They were willing to do whatever it took including sending people out to the house to evaluate my mom to find out what treatment level she would be. They gave me a tour of the facility and showed me their whole program and layout and everything. I was impressed because they were very very nice. They handled some patients when I was there and they all seemed to have this happy atmosphere. I felt that it was such a comfortable place because for one thing the staff members are all very friendly and helpful and willing to go the extra mile whenever you need them to. My mom has a roommate and their room was spacious enough for both of them. It's a very large room. It has window view and has air conditioning unit in the room. They have service buttons in the bathroom and also have them around their neck so they can call their staff attendant whenever they have a problem.

caring6082 June 13, 2012

The staff treated us nicely and we were warmly welcomed there. They offered us drinks and showed us around. They provided us with all the information that we needed. I like the way the staff there entertained us.

The private room that we looked at was spacious. My husband would have wanted a private room for my mother in law but when they quoted us the price of it, it was something she cannot afford. It was a bit way out of the budget.

I like the dining room there. It's big and they have a selection of food and a chef. I would want them to improve though on their cleaning. Well it wasn't as clean as we expected or would want it to be. During our visit we noticed the place was a bit smelly. I don't know what it was or where it came from. I also hope they also renovate the facility because the building looked a bit old. The furniture were also quite aging but we were informed that they are having new furniture placed there. The place also looked lonely and depressing.

From Brookdale Las Vegas

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Las Vegas