Atria Covina

825 West San Bernardino Road, Covina, CA, 91722

Reviews of Atria Covina

Glenn14 January 26, 2015

When we go to Atria Covina, it is generally for special occasions, so I don't know if they cater it or if they actually cook it there, but it's really good when we have it. My father said it's kind of the same everyday. They have a guy come in and play piano maybe every other week, another guy who comes in and does musical requests, and then they have bingo a couple of times a week, exercises, and they go to the casino once a month. They usually go to a restaurant once a month, but they have to pay for it. His room is normal from what we've seen, but for him, it is just fine. He likes the people and the whole atmosphere. They are very nice and friendly, everyone from the leaders down to the people cleaning the rooms.

Caring96087650 November 14, 2014

Our friend is at Atria Covina, and it is a good fit for her. We are happy with it. It is a very pleasant place. It is small, having 62 residents. They have a full schedule of events that you can go to, and our friend really likes the outings that they have. She is in a wheelchair, and they take her on the van twice a week to just tour the neighborhood, and she loves it. That group of people are pretty good. The dining room is good looking, and I think they have a nice choice of food. I saw her studio apartment, and I think it is large. She has a private bath, closet, a front door, a backdoor, and air-conditioning. The staff knows us. They're very friendly when we come in, and they know our friend very well. They're very cordial.

Kathy92264550 August 29, 2014

The staff was very friendly at Atria Covina. I like this place, but they looked like a nursing home/average assisted living. The rooms were medium, but to me, they seemed like they were kind of small.

Linda84074650 July 31, 2014

Atria Covina was very neat. The staff was very friendly. I saw a couple of apartments and I thought they were very nice; some of them had their own tiny patios. The dining area was very open and nicely laid out. I was surprised that they had so many activities. There was a crafts place, a library, an area for music, and a conference room for Bingo and things like that.

Denise19 May 12, 2014

I went to Atria Covina, and the facility is fine. The location is in the middle of Covina, and maybe some people would like it, but my brother wanted to be in a place that had younger people. I had the feeling that the staff there really cared about the residents there, and they were hard working.

Caring75052750 January 31, 2014

Mom likes Atria and she chooses it because it is small. The staff is all very friendly, helpful and professional. She's in a private room with a bathroom and it seems to be adequate. Their dining room is set up nicely and there I have eaten there a couple times. The food seems to be fine. They have activities all day long. They keep the residents busy. They have exercise, bingo, lots of music and walks. They have religious services. They take them out on a weekly excursions and sightseeing.

ThankfulGranddaughter February 29, 2012

My husband's grandfather was a resident at this nursing home after being diagnosed with early stages of Dementia and Alzheimer's Diseases. The home is located in a very nice part of Covina where we felt he was safe and could enjoy life. The facility seemed to be a great place to live from the outside, and at a reasonable cost. Unfortunately, it only met his needs for a short period of time. While there, he enjoyed eating in the cafeteria with other residents that he had things in common with. On the down side, I felt that the staff could have been more accommodating and attentive to his needs. I recall my mother in law visiting the home and found him sitting in the cafeteria, where he had been for a couple of hours before a nurse came to take him to his room. They also had a few arranged activities that he could participate in. Although the low cost was perfect, we felt that the home did not meet our needs, or his needs. We felt that his condition was becoming too severe to be able to stay here. Therefore, we moved him to a nursing home where we experience superior care and now we are unable to recommend Atria to any of our friends and family.

I appreciate your feedback about our community and I would like to clarify a few things from your review. Atria Covina is an assisted living community and is not a nursing home. We provide care and services to active older adults who do not need nursing care, including those residing in our Life Guidance memory care neighborhood. As a resident’s needs change, we meet with the family so that they may consider their options. While we never like to see one of our residents move to a new location, we know it is in their best interest when they have medical needs that we cannot meet. I encourage you to please contact us if you have questions at any time about what we offer. Just email customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the name of the Atria community in your subject line.

Michael F. November 03, 2011

Although a bit pricey, the amenities at this facility had me sold the moment that I entered. There was a 24 hour cafe with free snacks and coffee, and awesome meals that looked more like a fancy restaurant than any retirement facility food.

It is also in a great location in Covina, far enough away from the LA traffic to be in a quiet and serene setting - but still close enough to shopping and entertainment to make it easy on family members to visit and walk to the nearby stores with clients.

Although I am a companion hired to do errands and entertain clients, there wasn't much to do here. The staff took care of the clients very well and kept them happy - without me having to do anything for my client other than sit with them.

I highly recommend this facility.

From Atria Covina

Atria Covina is a warm, close-knit community where older adults build lasting friendships. Visit with friends and family in the landscaped courtyard, or relax with a book in the sunroom or library. Atria Covina is conveniently located near shops, banks, medical facilities and places of worship.

Atria Covina offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled local transportation

Features of Atria Covina

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Licenses: License #191592479