Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

180 West Half Day Road, Buffalo Grove, IL, 60089

Reviews of Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

Nancy79776850 July 30, 2014

I moved mom to Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. It's just been three weeks since she was there and they made it sure she is comfortable and try to help her adjust. I chose it because it was small and it seemed like there the ratio of the caregivers to the residents were better. It's a great place. The staff was fabulous. They are very nice and caring. They call me when they have concerns. Every one of my friends that have gone with me to visit my mother has said, "I want to live here". I want to live there too. The rooms were very nice. They seemed more than accommodating to the residents. They are very clean and the facility is pet friendly. With their activities, they do have an activity room and they do exercises. They also play bingo and make some things like bracelets. I like everything about this place.

sockmonkey1 August 10, 2013

We recently found ourselves in need of care for our Mother. I had no idea where to start. Caring.Inc provided several locations to look at. We were so pleased by this facility. The most important thing was Mom's safety. The care givers were everywhere with the residents. I loved the amount of activities offered to the residents. We had lunch there several times and found the food of an excellent quality. We moved Mom in a week ago and no longer fear for her safety.

If there is anything I could view as needing improvement is more assistance in the paperwork. As expected there is a great deal of paperwork and we have found it necessary to obtain information multiple times from Mom's Dr. It is a stressful time when making this life altering change for our Mother. The need for additional work does not help the stress level.

I feel so much better that Mom is now taken care of so well.

mfriman17 July 12, 2012

The entrance is very large and there is a staircase that goes up to the second floor. The room right next to the entrance is spacious and has a old fashioned popcorn machine that is very cool. The rooms are extremely large, but the downside is there is no living area in some of the room. The bathroom is big and easy to use. The color scheme is a little depression because it seems like it is too old-fashioned and not modern enough but other than that it seems like it would be a nice place to live.

Anonymous12 December 13, 2011

This is an awesome facility! The entire staff is so nice, and it just feels homey. They have a large dining room with delicious - sounding meals, and a parlor room with TV and a fireplace to stay cozy during the winter months. The rooms are spacious and clean, and there are various activities for the residents. There is bingo, concerts, trips, movies, exercise and so much more. The caretakers are nice and warm to all the residents, and there are even volunteers that come to help out. During my visit, I saw two volunteers playing a game with a resident, and another doing a puzzle with one. Everything is nice and spacious, and there is even an old jukebox (that doesn't work but is still a nice addition) and popcorn machine with actually popcorn that you can eat. Also, the facility is located close to a store plaza with Wendy's, Dominick's, a pizza place, and more, so it's easy to take your loved one out to breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are games that you can play any time you want, like banana grams, scrabble, left right center, and more. In addition to all this, every resident gets their own "memory box", made by volunteers with stickers, cutouts and photos of the resident and things that he/she likes. This is a wonderful place and I would recommend it to anyone.

From Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

Located in suburban Buffalo Grove, just northwest of Chicago and an easy drive on the expressway, Sunrise of Buffalo Grove sits next door to doctors' offices, the fire station and a shopping center housing a variety of stores and restaurants. Our community enjoys the many centers nearby, the Botanical Gardens, Lincolnshire Marriott Theater and the beauty of the Lake Michigan North Shore. We pride ourselves in our individualized service plans that give our residents and their family members the comfort of being at home. We offer creative programs including weekly TaiChi classes and our new computer that gives an email address to each resident.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Buffalo Grove