The Village at Brookfield Common

246A Federal Road, Brookfield, CT, 06804

Reviews of The Village at Brookfield Common

Caring77260450 October 25, 2014

The Village is a nice location and it’s a beautiful place. It’s very high in terms of cost. If I could afford it, it would be a great place to use. My mother-in-law can’t see. The problem is to get somebody to come and take her to meals and everything else; that starts building the cost up phenomenally.

Thank you so much for sharing. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact us at 203.775.8696 if there is anything we can ever do for you and your family.

Christina11 June 17, 2014

My daughter and I had a tour at The Village. It was very beautiful and lavish. The appointments were very lovely. They had a wonderful presentation. I was impressed with the grandeur of the place. It was like a beautiful hotel with chandeliers. They had nurses and doctors on site, which was a big plus. The apartments were very beautiful. We were there in between meals, but I noticed that there was coffee available all the time. They had soft drinks, juices, and platters of fruits available, also for guests. The dining room was also gorgeous, with high ceilings and big windows. It was like a cruise ship. They had computers, an exercise room, and trips. However, it was probably because of the time, we felt like it was deserted. There was no one around. The people were in their rooms, and there didn't seem to be any particular activities at that time. I thought it was for someone who was more incapacitated than I am. Also, it was more than what I could afford.

Sue32 January 28, 2014

We went to The Village at Brookfield Common and it was very nice and clean. It’s a very sunny place. I like the dining area. I like how the residents have their own colorful plates. I like their program and everything that they had to offer. It looked like they offered a lot of things for the residents to do. One thing I did not like about this place is that there was very little place for them to go outside. They have this tiny backyard and I was not impressed with that.

Caring74170150 December 17, 2013

Everything about The Village at Brookfield Common is excellent. It's a phenomenal place. The executive director is outstanding. The staff is wonderful, they're very caring. The rooms are beautiful and large. The facility is spotless, and the activities are great. I am very impressed.

Happy Kids August 14, 2013

The transition for my parents was very smooth and almost hassle free. Adjustment was superb due to the kindness and professionalism of their staff. We are delighted!

Ellen9 July 24, 2013

I chose The Village at Brookfield Common for my mother because they had a very high rating and a very good reputation. It was also convenient because it was close to my sister. The staff were very accommodating, helpful and caring. They also made sure that everything was set for my mom to move in and made the move very easy. They handled any issues that came up very promptly and responsibly. The staff were excellent and I liked the people who ran the place. My mom was happy there and she loved it.

healdb August 20, 2012

My first impression of The Village on brookfield commons was that it seemed very clean and spacious. The employees on staff seemed very well trained and were very polite to me during my visit. The rooms for the patients were slightly small but they did not seem cramped or overly crowded. During my visit, I observed many of the senior patients being carefully escorted down the hallways by what looked like well trained personnel. I was also glad to see that at mealtimes, the seniors were given a choice of what they wanted to eat. One complaint that I have is that the servers and handlers of the food at mealtimes seemed to be untrained in dealing with the elderly. The kitchen staff also seemed to be under employed, only having one person waiting on the patients during mealtimes. Overall, my impression of The Village was very good, and I will definitely consider placing my own parents there if the need arises.

cj225 June 29, 2012

My great-grandmother fell down the steps at home and had other ailments, so we ended up looking for assisted living facilities in the area. We took her to a few of the facilities located in the area, and this by far was the best one. She said that she felt at home after meeting the staff and meeting the person that she was rooming with. She enjoys the daily activities that the facility provides and she always makes an effort to be as active as possible, even though she is pushing 95 years old! I think that this has a lot to do with the staff; they keep her and the other residents motivated to continue to live their lives well into their later years. Every encounter I have had with the staff has been more than pleasurable and I would definitely recommend the Village as a place for anyone in need of an assisted living complex.

dancerboy May 15, 2012

I have had nothing but great experiences visiting this facility. The facility is very well decorated and maintained making you feel as if you were in a mansion and living a fine life. There are giant chandeliers and a grand piano in the foyer which provides an elegant appeal to the place. The staff is as friendly as can be and I have never had a problem with them. The residents are very well respected by them and enjoy their company. They help them maneuver around the facility and let them participate it what ever program they would like. The ceilings are low in a lot of the rooms of the facility which makes the average person feel overly tall but makes the residents feel comfortable which their shrinking height and wheel chairs. Everything a resident could want, there are able to access easily within the facility. The only downside I have about the facility is the amount of time a resident can leave the facility and the escape of one patient. More attention has to be paid to when a resident leaves but also their should be more free time granted to go outside so some residents won't have the crave to go outside and try and escape for bits of time. When I am older I would love to live in this facility due the environment and decor that brings a happy and enjoyable living experience full of life and happiness.

From The Village at Brookfield Common

The Village at Brookfield Common in Brookfield, CT, is a haven of tradition and elegance nestled within a community of shops, services, and amenities available to meet your every need with exceptional convenience. The hillside setting affords a panoramic view from the cathedral-ceilinged dining room, the English tea garden, the comfortable club rooms, and the well-appointed apartments. From the moment you enter the majestic parlor, with its grand staircase and oriental accents, you'll discover senior living that feels like home.

The Village at Brookfield Common offers Assisted Living and Assisted Living for the Memory Impaired.

Features of The Village at Brookfield Common

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • Minimum age: generally 55 and over

• Licenses: licensure

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Village at Brookfield Common