Reviews of Birch Bay Retirement Village | Bar Harbor, Maine
Overview of Ratings
January 10, 2017
I visited this facility
May 11, 2016
I visited this facility
"When I found Caring.com and talked with an advisor, my stress just melted. I knew they would find a home for Mom."
- Robin Fritz
Trusted by Families
Founded in 2007, we’ve helped over 500,000 families find the perfect home for their loved one.
We partner with local care providers to keep our service completely free for you.
Our Family Advisors have the latest pricing details for thousands of communities nationwide.
We are here for you – whether you're just starting your search or need to find care fast.
Our knowledgeable Family Advisors will work within your budget and help you find financial assistance.
We’ll help you find providers who can provide the level of care that your loved one needs.
Photos of Birch Bay Retirement Village
Features of Birch Bay Retirement Village
- Minimum Rate: $6832/month
- Minimum Memory Cost: $8906/month
- Rent Plus Care Fees
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- 3-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
- Studio Apartments
- Housing Extra: Cottages
- In Room Kitchens
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Room Service For Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Computer Room
- Resident Transportation
- Coffee Shop
- Party Space
- Hiking Trails
- Tv Room
- Garden And Patio
- Resident Parking
- Laundry For Linens
- Private Cleaning Services
- Laundry For Clothing
Technology and entertainment
- Cable In Rooms
- Internet Enabled Rooms
- Hospice Care
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric Care
- Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
- Offsite Activities
- Religious Services
- Lectures Discussions
- Book Clubs
- Wii Sports
- Tai Chi
- Fitness Room
- Arts And Crafts
- Financing Advice
- Affiliations Extra: Multiple Denominatons
- Guest Parking
- Guests At Mealtime
- Overnight Guests
- Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1
- Minimum Age: 55
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: ALLS 6017
About Birch Bay Retirement Village
Welcome to Birch Bay Village
Birch Bay Village is the area’s premier retirement community overlooking Frenchman Bay on Mount Desert Island. Bordering Acadia National Park, this vibrant community has a rich assortment of recreational activities close at hand.
- Hiking and carriage trails
- An 18-hole golf course
- Art galleries
- Restaurants just a short van ride away!
Well organized social gatherings including:
- Summer barbecues
- Year round educational events
- Cultural outings
- Activities are offered for you to enjoy at your leisure. Scheduled transportation is available to assist with shopping, errands and other group excursions.
Personal Care Service Program
Birch Bay Village is licensed to provide limited assisted living and personal care services to residents in our independent living apartments. This means residents can continue to live on their own, even after they find they need some extra care and support but are not quite in need of our around-the-clock residential care living options. Our new Assisted Living Type II licensing. It's just one more way we're working to provide the care and services you need and want.
These services include:
- RN Services
- Case management
- Medication management and administration
- Foot care
- CNA/PSS Services
- Personal Care Assistance
- Meal preparation and delivery
- and much more...
Specializing in Memory Care & Music Therapy
Safe Harbor is specifically designed for people who benefit from guided assistance with memory care along with support for their activities of daily living. Their personal plan of care offers security while empowering them to feel as independent as possible. Birch Bay’s dementia-trained staff will assist each person, including family members, to navigate the challenges with ease. Through very specialized education, our team has learned how the world looks and feels to someone with dementia. This person-centered approach makes for a peaceful and nurturing experience for everyone to enjoy.
Residents are thoughtfully supported in a safe and healthy atmosphere with an appropriate daily routine including enriched activities and social events. Our programs and individual interactions are tailored to the unique personalities and abilities of each resident. We work closely with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Private rooms with scenic views
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals
- Quarterly health assessments
- Wellness programs emphasizing fitness, nutrition and other good health habits
- Ongoing observation of physical functioning, and general behavior
- Personal care assistance
- Weekly housekeeping & laundry
- Heat, electrical service, water, and sewer
- Emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation
- Social, cultural, and activities programs
- Long term care insurance eligible
- Long & short term accommodations
- Caregiver Support