Old age is filled with challenges -- both for the elders in our care and for ourselves: deciding when it's time to stop driving, talking through tough decisions, managing prickly relationships, and more. Understanding these challenges can help you avoid trouble spots and better manage issues.
Why moving and money are two of the toughest issues to discuss with aging and ailing loved ones -- and practical advice to help.
Research shows that attitude and lifestyle -- more than other factors -- affect how long and happily you live. Learn five tips for aging well.
Are you at risk for caring "too much"? Here are ten warning signs.
More About Life
- Metabolic Syndrome Diet
- 10 Signs Death Is Near
- Hearing Loss Signs
- How to Communicate Better With Someone Who Has Early-Stage Alzheimer's
- Keep a Friendship
- Benefits of Hospice
- Death with Dignity: Interview With Melissa Barber
- Ways to Connect When a Loved One Is Dying
- Caring Checklist: What to Do When Someone Dies
- E-mails Without a Computer
- Read more articles about Life…
- I don't like my mother, but I love her. Is there anything I can do to improve our relationship?
- What kind of diet will best help me battle colon cancer?
- How long can a person live without a feeding tube?
- How do I help remedy a sibling conflict about our dad's care?
- Will Mom's doctors ever communicate with me?
- What Can I Do About Leg Discomfort That Wakes Me up in the Night?
- Should I be tested to see if I'm likely to get Alzheimer's disease since my mother had it?
- How do I prepare to die?
- Will my fiancee ever get over his grief?
- What's the best gift for dying parent?
- Read more questions about Life…
- Mom Home From Hospital. Seems To Be Getting Better?
- Life After Caregiving
- I Lost My Boyfriend To Brain Cancer
- How To Help A Parent When Their Spouse Dies?
- Although She's Not Officially Gone, She's Not Here...
- Relationship With Mother-in-Law Falling Apart
- Just Realized I Need To Go To The Doctor With My Mom
- What Would You Want, Or Not Want, As Your Life Comes To An End.
- How do I deal with my controlling and angry dad?