What is a sheath and can it be fixed or does your port have to be removed?

Answers
James Frank is Assistant Professor of Medicine and Director of the Medical Intensive Care Unit at the V.A. Medical Center in San Francisco.

I'm sorry to say that there's no way to answer this question over the internet. Your doctor should be able to give you the information you need. I wish I could be more help.

summerbreeze32425 answered...

I had to have a port put in because I caught mrsa and had no veins that would hold up for antibodics and pain and nausea meds ,now it started leaking and I can't feel the flushes or meds .So,today they ran dye into it and it started coming right back toward us they said I was right it wasn't working that I had what is called a sheath on it or in it I don't know .I don't even know what it is? Can my port still be saved or will it have to be removed ?Because I have no other place they can put it because I have scar tissue on the right side .They was able to get a pic line started on me temporaly while I'm still in the hospital for them to use.thank you Wanda Hardin