(800) 973-1540

Can you provide me with a list of "end of life" questions to address with my family?

mhoff1006 asked...
I am looking for a list of end of life questions that address legal and personal wishes for when the time comes. No one in the family is ill, but I want to be prepared and I don't want to be left not knowing what last wishes would be and finding out there was no will or estate planning done.

Answers
Barbara Repa, a Caring.com senior editor, is an attorney, a journalist specializing in aging issues, and the author of Your Rights in...

How wise you are to plan ahead for these life and death matters. And your question prompted us at Caring.com to get to work on fashioning this very thing. So See also:
Can a parent revoke a durable power of attorney?
I thank you -- and many other future users will thank you, too.

And sorry to toot our own horn, but in the meantime, you can get a good jumpstart from several of the articles already on the site. Click under the "Legal" heading in "End of Life Legal Matters" for an array of articles and tips on legal concerns; the article titled "Estate Planning Basics" is a good place to begin.

You might also navigate over to the "Life" tab -- and follow the link to "End of Life," which includes guidance on some of the less tangible concerns, such as how to talk with your parents about the reality of death and dying.