The Village at East Farms

180 Scott Road, Waterbury, CT, 06705

Reviews of The Village at East Farms

Caring77140250 January 31, 2014

The Village was very clean. It was for seniors and disabled people. The staff was very good. They I liked that there was always some to check on you and try to remedy some of the situations that you couldn't. They had nurses that came in made sure that you take your medications when you need to and don't take it when you shouldn't be. They also have people came in to do the housework. The residents looked happy and one of my former neighbors was there. They had activities like bingo, exercise, crafts and meditation. They also had speakers and videos. However, it was very expensive.

ljzollo December 23, 2013

When my dad needed more assistance than we could provide for him at home my mother and I did an exhaustive search of facilities throughout CT through the Medicare site and other ranking mechanisms. We also visited dozens of facilities and made the easy choice of Village of East Farms. I highly recommend it for your loved one. The difference you will find in any facility you choose is the people. The Village has some of the most dedicated and caring and experienced staff in the area. Dad’s quality of life got so much better as a result of moving there. All of our fears went away and we have peace of mind that he is receiving the best care available. It is so much more than assisted living, but a home (away from home). Best of Luck to you in your search. – LZ

PPA December 05, 2013

My father has been a resident of the Village at East Farms for a year and a half. Since moving there he has shown an incredible improvement in his quality of life. Previously he was in an apartment all alone, here he interacts with the other residents and staff. The staff is very attentive to his every need. The place is very clean inside and out. Different activities are posted daily and food in the dining room is excellent. If you are looking at assisted living facilities, you won't be disappointed here.

rosiesmom August 22, 2013

Very clean and visually appealing facility; staff appeared to be very caring and attentive. We toured the facility at lunch time and the food smelled great! The rooms were good sized compared to some other facilities. The ratio of care givers to residents was good with nursing staff 24/7. Even though at this time we were looking for a facility for my father, this is a place I would want to live in myself when needed.

MaD1011 November 20, 2012

The Village was a one of the nicer assisted living facilities I have been to. I work in human services and have extensive experience with nursing homes and other assisting living facilities. I found that the vast majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Lots of smiling and upbeat attitudes which is a major plus! The actual grounds and facilties appeared to be very neat and clean. I didn't notice anything untidy or foul odors. There appeared to be a wide variety of activities and communal rooms for socialization and stimulation, which is so important for individuals suffering from Alzheimer's. Overall, I really had a pleasant experience working with the staff at The Village. They really made everything easier, were knowledgeable, and answered any questions we had during this difficult time. As I mentioned earlier, having had experience through my professional experiences really lead me give The Village a hearty recommendation.

Robin8 May 30, 2012

My mother in-law has Alzheimer's and we don't want to put her in a nursing home. We want to put her in a place that would focus on her Alzheimer's and that's how we found The Village at East Farms. It's good that it is closer to our home and we can visit her often. We like that she is in this facility. It's very nice there. The staff is just great and they conduct hourly rounds with her. She is able to mingle with the residents who are there. The food is great. She is kinda picky so they adjust to her as to what she likes to eat if she happens to not like what's on the menu. Her room is big and for about a week she had a roommate and she was fine with it. We also have meetings and they address all of our concerns. My mother in-law is very happy there.

mjc6am January 21, 2012

The village at east farms was one of the nicest assisted living facilities that i have ever been to. This place was very clean, and well staffed. The people I spoke to were extremely helpful. The facility had a putting green, library, recreation room, and if i remember correctly it also had a movie theater. There seemed to be plenty of activities to stimulate the mind and keep people sharp and active. The food looked good, which im sure is also a big plus. The rooms were a good size, but i thought they could have been a little bigger. The outside of the facility was very well kept, and the area was nice and quiet. One issue I had found was that i thought the staff could have been more accommodating during the moving process. This was not a big issue, but something i did notice.I would recommend this facility to anyone in that area that is looking for a place that is clean, has friendly staff, and has plenty of things to do for those staying there.

From The Village at East Farms

The Village at East Farms in Waterbury, CT, is a cozy "country estate" situated on a picturesque 34-acre wooded hilltop. An authentic covered bridge, lavish gardens, and rolling panoramas provide the setting for a nine-hole putting green. Private walking paths and gazebos grace beautifully manicured gardens, while Lodge residents can enjoy the tranquil scenery and seasonal outdoor dining from the terrace off the Lodge dining room.

The Village at East Farms offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Assisted Living for the Memory Impaired.

Features of The Village at East Farms

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: yes

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Village at East Farms