The Quarry Assisted Living

415 South East 177th Avenue, Vancouver, WA, 98683

Reviews of The Quarry Assisted Living

Caring96433950 November 24, 2014

We looked at The Quarry Senior Living, and it was very nice, but it was smack down in the middle of a congested area. When you opened the window and looked out, all you could see were other buildings. There was only one person that we were seeing, and that was a lady in the sales group or whatever you called it, and she was very nice. A man was moving out of the room that we would have been interested in if it was not in that location. However, it was a very nice place. We had lunch there, and the food was excellent. It was very good and well prepared. I don't know what activities they had, but they had a room where people could go in and play cards or whatever they wanted to. Some people might like being right in the middle of a big shopping area, but we do not.

Caring78543650 February 28, 2014

I have seen several facilities and one of them was The Quarry Senior Living. The staff were very helpful and in fact they took me there by car. They came and picked me up and took me there and that was very nice. They had all kinds of activities, but I am going back there to see more of the facility. It's really a huge place.

Beth Murphy June 01, 2013

I have spent my entire adult life in the health care field, and was an emergency medical dispatcher for over 8 years, so I and my family are far more knowledgeable consumers than most. Both of my parents have lived at The Quarry for four years, starting out in independent living, then assisted living as needs warranted, and now in memory care and the enhanced unit. This is the best facility I have ever run across. The staff make certain, in spite of their now being in separate units, that my parents get to spend lots of time together. They have bus outings twice a week, a full service salon, outstanding food that families can join their loved ones to eat (we do frequently), tons of fun activities that families are always invited to, and staff that honestly cares about the residents and their families. Our family could not be happier with this facility, and we are there visiting multiple times a week. They listen to us, and go out of their way to meet the personal needs of every resident, while still respecting their need to be themselves. I would recommend the Quarry to anyone looking for secure, quality care for a loved one at any stage of need. In fact, our retired doctor visited and he and his family were so impressed that he moved in too, and now loves it there. The Quarry will not disappoint on any level.

I M Advising October 14, 2012

Great facility for independent living with costs on the high end of the comparitable residences in the area. 4% increase in Jan 2012 with short notice given to residents of just months as well those of several years residence in a nation wide poor economic climate. Assisted living does not provide adequate support by qualified care givers which amounted to neglect and deterioration of the resident's health and well being. This was witnessed several times, addressed but nothing changed except the charges for extra care that was needed but not given. The resident has been moved to a new facility and is thriving with proper care.

Unfortunately, despite challenging economic times, our cost for labor, food, fuel, etc. all went up over the past year. Historically, Assisted Living communities increase about 5% a year, we only chose to do 4%"”and we ask all families to be prepared for this type if increase.

As for staffing, I am confident in saying we have a phenomenal staff. We staff licensed nurses 24 hours a day and only hire Certified Nursing Assistants as care givers. We are not required to do either by state requirements and most of our competitors do not have licensed nurses 24 hours a day or only hire CNAs. Depending on the time of day, we staff as many as 17 licensed staff to provide exceptional care to our residents"¦and it is this exceptional care that is always our focus.

If you are looking for an assisted living community to provide great care for your loved one, I would encourage you to come in and see for yourselves. We are hear from our residents and their families all the time what a wonderful community and staff we have"”and I'd welcome the opportunity for you to come in and see why our residents and their families are so happy with The Quarry.

Sincerely, Eric Christensen, Executive Director, The Quarry Senior Living

john tick October 07, 2012

The facility looks lovely, requires you to wait for door to be opened, in evening that could take a few minutes sometimes 5 or more. Employees are cheerful and outgoing. Menu choices have been changed to include more starches, but tastes good. My grandmother was a resident here. What I loved about this place was the interaction my grandmother had with staff and other residents. Everyone was so kind and compassionate to each and every person they came across. The rooms that the residents live in are quite spacious and are very uniquely designed. They have a modern yet classical touch to them and have easily accessible amenities within the room, including an intercom system that connects to various departments within the assisted living facility. The place is really amazing and seniors are always happy there. The view is impeccable as you can see the flowers, plants are gorgeous greenery. The main dining hall is reminiscent of a grand dining restaurant. I think The Quarry Assisted Living is a fantastic place to stay, and I know that my grandma had enjoyed her time spent there.

About The Quarry Assisted Living

The Quarry Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Vancouver, WA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Quarry Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Quarry Assisted Living