Santa Maria Terrace

1405 E. Main St, Santa Maria, CA, 93454

Reviews of Santa Maria Terrace

Sam34 January 16, 2016

Santa Maria Terrace was very nice, clean, and full-service. The facilities and dining area looked very nice.

terryyoung September 03, 2015

it was hard finding the right community for my mom. She had been living in her home since my father and her were first married. She had many memories and attachment to her home. When we started the search for assisted living she was very resistant to the idea. I cannot even begin to tell you how many large and small communities we looked at until she made her final decision was to move to Santa Maria Terrace. We visited numerous time and there was always a friendly face greeting us from the staff to the residents. What impressed me the most were the residents and how well they interact together and how open they were with sharing their experiences living at Santa Maria Terrace. They all love living here and they love the staff. It seems like a big family. My mom and I had lunch there on a few occasions and the food was great.
When she finally moved in the staff and the resident ambassador program helped her get acquainted with the community. She has been doing a lot of the activities and going on the outings. My mom is happy and doing so much better than she was at home. I feel at ease and I am actually planning a vacation knowing my mom will be ok! I recommend you taking a look at Santa Maria Terrace.

Caring112854750 August 31, 2015

I visited Santa Maria Terrace. They seemed to offer more things going on, but the rooms were converted hotel rooms. If you want a one-bedroom unit, you end up with two bathrooms, and you don't need two. The facility wasn't as pleasant, although the grounds were very nice. They have spacious grounds that you can use for personal business. They did have activities going on in there in their main building. Overall, Santa Maria Terrace was pleasant and livable, but it didn't impress me.

Phoenix1234 January 31, 2015

For the most part this is a gem! Santa Maria Terrace is a 4-story building centrally located within a block of the hospital, medical facilities, doctors offices, as well as a pharmacy. They provide outings in the community for doctor's appointments, CVS Pharmacy, Vons, and some on-site activities, as well as Balance Classes. They have a lovely dining area with scheduled meals. There is a quiet courtyard with a rose garden and many beautiful trees. All the the staff I have met are kind and patient. In the later part of the 1980 this residential facility was a very nice hotel; and all the current rooms are large hotel suites, with private bathrooms and outside views. The challenges - within the last couple of years the property was purchased by Ensign, and there are many relatively new management staff, and/or staff in new positions learning new responsibilities. Also, because the building is at least 35 years old, it has been undergoing improvements which has resulted in some challenges for the residents. In October 2014 the hot water heaters apparently had to be replaced, as well as other issues with the building that left residents without hot water in their bathrooms for 1 week. Temporary trailers were brought on the property and placed in the parking lot behind the structure for residents to use.

joy386 July 24, 2013

I was so amazed with the community. My mom is not ready to move just yet but this will be the place she will be moving to. We were taken through the building and shown the wonderful amenities. My mom was able to talk to a few of the residents there and they all seemed very happy. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed everything about the tour. We were invited back for lunch which I thought was wonderful. It was a great experience for both mom and I and we both appreciate the attention and compassion that was shown to us. This is not an easy desicion but the tour help tremendously. Thank you Santa Maria Terrace for you help!

Caring9933 April 18, 2013

I paid a visit at Santa Maria Terrace Senior Living once. The rooms did not appeal to me. My mother-in-law needed a living room, kitchen and her own room. I did not think they had a lot of employees to attend to the residents. I would suggest they hire more employees and a more updated amenities.

coronazao September 13, 2012

The facilities are very astonishing; almost 5 star hotel status. The residents all seemed to be in a happy mood. The day I visited they had a perfomance done by some local forkloric dancers.

I was very impressed by the friendly staff.

Corkey1 May 10, 2012

We are in the process of entering my dad into this facility. We visited it Sunday morning and had a wonderful introduction, visit and meeting the staff, medical and all the way down to maids. This place had the most up beat patients-residents I have every seen in a facility. My husband and I know because we used to manage an Independent facility 6 years ago. Any way my hats are off to this facility and we are waiting for the OK to move dad in!

From Santa Maria Terrace

Residents who call Santa Maria Terrace Senior Living home enjoy an active independent atmosphere, while receiving support services as needed. Our four-story building offers studio and one-bedroom apartments. Our private courtyard features an award-winning rose garden and gazebo which provides the perfect setting for family gatherings, or just relaxing with friends or a good book. Companionship and recreational activities are always available. Upon arrival, you may notice residents heading out for an afternoon of sight-seeing and lunch via our Lincoln Town Car or community bus, or enjoying a movie and popcorn prepared in an old-fashioned popcorn wagon. Walk into the activity room to see others working on crafts, playing cards, or enjoying a Wii bowling match. We are centrally located in the historic city of Santa Maria. A community rich with culture, community programs, services and conveniences. We are directly across the street from Marian Hospital. Shopping, entertainment, and medical centers are conveniently accessible by our scheduled transportation. Kindness is a way of life here and it shows in all we do. Santa Maria Terrace, where home means home.

Features of Santa Maria Terrace

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Dog park

• Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 425801863