Basecost

Cost

Starting at $2,150/mo.*; $2,600/mo.* (ALZ)

Payment

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Melbourne

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9396

Reviews of Brookdale Melbourne

Posted by Caring104111050 March 25, 2015

I liked Emeritus at Melbourne because it was small. They didn't have a large amount of people. I liked that it was only on one floor or one level. Everything was good. The dining area was very nice.

Posted by Caring105922450 February 11, 2015
3.0

The food was not good here at Emeritus at Melbourne. The supervision was not good as well. My mom was lying in the bathroom for a good portion of the night. She has Alzheimer's, and she ended up walking around naked one day in the dining room. When dad was there, he just came out of the hospital. Because he kept trying to go home one night, they just put him in a hallway and wouldn't let him out. Nobody ever told me; dad just told me later. The rooms were fine. He had a nice bedroom with a sitting room. My mom went to all the exercise classes. If you couldn't find her, she would be in the exercise room. The diet, the supervision, and the communication needed to be improved. That's why we never went back.

Posted by serviceplease! November 10, 2014
2.0

My relative moved into Emeritus several months ago and we are still trying to determine if it is right for her. Have experienced many delays in staff getting back to me and always with the excuse that they are short-staffed. Not good. The wait-time for meal service in the dining room is anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes where they are in no hurry whatsoever to put food in front of the residents. The staff seems pleasant enough but no sense of urgency whatsoever.

Posted by Caring86190050 June 27, 2014
3.0

My parents have been at Emeritus at Melbourne for about a year now. It’s a beautiful community, but I am not happy with the care and the food compared to the price that they are paying. My parents already made friends with some of the residents, and they also have the same complaints with regards to the care. My mom has stage 2 Alzheimer's, and she's been acting out once in a while, and nobody interacts with her. They let her sleep all day, and that is why I think the staff needs to interact with the residents.

Posted by Janne May 20, 2014

I like Emeritus at Melbourne very much. I would give this facility a high rating. It had a really good layout. The staff seemed very friendly, and the residents looked like they were interested and involved, and they appeared to have a lot of activities. It's a little more expensive than the other facilities, but not terrible. The rooms were sufficient. It's laid out so that they have big bathrooms and walk-in showers.

Posted by Caring6094 April 22, 2014
4.0

I was very impressed with Emeritus. They staff was very helpful and answered all my questions. The rooms were rather small. They had individual dining rooms for the different wings of the place. They had games, and they took the residents out to different places.

Posted by Caring81956950 April 22, 2014
4.0

Emeritus at Melbourne seemed to fit my brother's needs better. It wasn't too big, nor was it too small. It didn't seem too much like a nursing home, and their fee schedule is more in line with what he could afford. This place had memory care, which he will probably need down the line, and that would mean we would not have to move him. They had enough staff that seemed to be doing their job. Food looked good and they had a dining area that looked nice and clean. I saw their menu, and it looked pretty nice, so I thought maybe I should go down there and eat. The facility looked pretty nice and well-maintained. It wasn't brand-new, so you could tell that it had some furnishings that were a little older, but that didn't bother me. It wasn't shabby looking. It just wasn't the newest or most updated, but that means very little to me as long as things are neat and well taken care of.

Posted by Caring79176050 February 28, 2014
4.0

I went with my husband at Emeritus at Melbourne for a visit and the facility is very, very nice. The rooms are a little bit smaller, but overall the facility is nice and the residents are pretty friendly. The staff are also nice. I like the large dining room and it's a restaurant-style looking and I know that would make my mom-in-law happier. The staff who toured me around discussed with me the different activities they have and it sounds like they had a lot of things going on. I feel like they have activities that would make her happy too.

Posted by Caring69470350 October 18, 2013

The first facility I visited was Emeritus at Melbourne and they were very good. It's a very nice facility. I like the staff, I like the environment. I saw the dining area. I saw people eating and it's very, very nice. The grounds were beautiful. They also have a memory care program. With regards to the activities, I know they have outings.

Posted by Jeff3 October 18, 2013
4.0

Emeritus at Melbourne had a little more staff in their memory unit. They were working with the seniors very well. It was on one floor which is a little better. All the memory care units had beyond the first level security and the residents all seem safe. They have special readers and special lockdown doors.

Posted by LovingSon018 August 10, 2013
4.0

We did a walkthrough at Emeritus at Melbourne and the facility is nice. It's exactly what he needed and the facility is just close by. My dad loves it. They take care of him medically and they can take him to the doctor's office. They also take the residents out to go Walmart and go shopping. The one thing they could improve is the interior decor of the facility.

Posted by Caring 9844 July 31, 2013
4.0

We liked everything about Emeritus at Melbourne. We've been happy with what we've seen. So, far we liked everything about the three places we've visited. but we still want to shop around.

Posted by caringD712 July 24, 2013
2.0

Emeritus was nice and setup nice but at that time it was smelly. It appears that they need some more workers there. The communication was not good, I have waited a few times for the person to call me back and she didn't so I called her. She said she'll call me again and she didn't so I just left it alone. It could be in a transition of hiring more people.

Posted by Laurel3 June 27, 2013
2.0

I was a little disappointed with Emeritus at Melbourne. It smelled and it hit me before I got to the front door. The one room we looked at was a little dusty but it was clean. What turned my cousin off was everyone was slumped over in wheelchairs and she's not ready for that. She's a nurse and she knows what happens when in nursing homes, the staff sometimes keeps them quiet and so she recognized some signs there and she wasn't pleased. I will say that the staff was friendly to us and to the residents but there's just a lot of people slumped over in their rooms.

Posted by WI daughter May 14, 2013
1.0

I am looking at ALFs for a family member. I have been trying to get a response from the office for over a month. Yes, they had a change in staff position but I sent questions to them before the change and even called after the change. They promised to send the info and I STILL have not heard from them.

Posted by willowjayde December 02, 2012

My mom has been in this facility for 2 years now. S he is in the memory care unit and is treated very well. The staff is very nice and they are constantly doing activities with the residents. I would definately recommend Emiritus to anyone who is looking for a facility for their loved one.

Posted by gearly4332 March 01, 2012
3.0

I am still researching facilities for my father. I contacted this one. They seemed nice. But, not exactly the level of care that we think he needs at this time

Location of Brookdale Melbourne