Brookdale Kenmore

2971 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, NY, 14217

Reviews of Brookdale Kenmore

Anonymous108954350 April 07, 2015

I visited Wynwood of Kenmore about 6 months ago. The rooms were spacious. Everything was beautiful. The security was good. I would recommend this facility to others.

Shelly7 December 30, 2014

I have visited Wynwood, and their staff was very good with us when we were there. I did not really see too many activities, but I saw a board on the wall that I was able to scan through, and they have quite a few activities listed. I did not have the chance to check a room, but I have heard good things about them.

Becky23 November 11, 2014

Wynwood wasn’t a good facility. It looked liked the people were friendly enough, but my mother-in-law very immediately got claustrophobic. The hallways were narrow; it’s definitely not spacious. You feel -- and she said she felt -- like it was a maze. I saw that the dining room seemed like it was kind of cramped and very little room to move around. I mean they have enough available rooms, and the rooms that they showed us were nice but the actual dining room was very cramped. She couldn’t wait to get out of there.

It was definitely not one that we even considered but they wanted something that was close to them, so I showed it to them and they didn’t like it. It seemed like they were nickel and diming for every little thing. Its assisted living, but they have enhanced assisted living depending on what you needed and an added on cost. The people were very friendly, the rooms were nice, and they definitely have different spaces available for people when they wanted the studio. They have a couple of options which were nice, the staff was nice, and the menu looks like they have a good selection available for them. For the amount of people, they really look like they could have had more space.

It’s an older building I understand. If you are from an apartment it is fine, but if you come from a house and then you try and get cramped in to smaller spaces, smaller hallways, the ceilings are low, and it tends to make people claustrophobic.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our rooms are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. They do not need as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

Caring95587750 September 30, 2014

I didn’t care much about Wynwood of Kenmore because I feel like it seemed confusing for an elderly person to get around. It seemed old and not up-to-date. It was also right in the middle of the city, so they have no surroundings. It was just like a big parking lot. I didn’t find that it had a nice atmosphere outside or inside.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

Carol91809050 August 27, 2014

I like Wynwood. It's closer to my house. They're excellent. They have a lot of activities. They got my mom involved in activities like exercise classes and bingo. They help her with her medicines, too. The rooms are large, clean, and very nice. She can have her own furniture. The people there are very nice and caring. The food is excellent. The dining room is nice, and they have their choice of meals every time.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that you and your mother are enjoying the community!

Caring90428050 August 26, 2014

Wynwood was a nice place, but I thought it was expensive for the care that they provided. The rooms were adequate. My mom was in an efficiency room and it was nice. They just don’t seem to have enough help. My mom would be in her room all day and no one would get her to go to an activity. There were times when she needed to be changed and they just go all day without noticing. The food wasn’t great and the dining hall was way overcrowded. It was not well-managed. I feel like the staff was pressed to get everything done and they seemed overworked. They had good activities there like crafts, music, exercise, and outings.

Caring91812150 August 15, 2014

My overall experience with Wynwood of Kenmore was great. I like it better, but it was more expensive. The staff was fine; however, I was only there for a short time. The rooms were pretty good though.

LNaski May 21, 2014

My mother is a resident here. At first blush, it seemed perfect, in town with beautiful apartments and a gorgeous courtyard, but after several months of living here, it became apparent that the quality of my mother's care was woefully inadequate. WK is expensive, and the return on investment is poor. There are a few staff members that are wonderful, but turnover is high and the management team is not versed in compassion, their focus is 'heads in beds.'

Andy5 March 27, 2014

Wynwood is a modern and well-appointed facility. It's license is for an enhanced assisted living, which puts it at a higher level of care than the basic assisted living. It is our choice because it is downtown and not on a suburb. The staff is excellent. The rooms are very nice, well-maintained. I have not tasted the food, but I am aware that it is excellent. They have various activities, but my particular client is not quite ready to participate in some of those yet. They can improve on their system of responding to the calls for assistance by the residents.

Caring72911050 February 27, 2014

We looked at Wynwood and it made a very favorable impression. The staff that we met was very nice. The person who gave us the interview was wonderful. My dad had a good rapport with her. I understood it was in the village and I believed they do a wonderful job with what they worked with. However, it was tall as opposed to one-level. The part that became the issue was just the physical layout and the down side was the way the building was situation. It's all elevators and movability and he wouldn't be able to walk around outside the way he used to now.

Caring76882250 January 31, 2014

I had two basic reasons of choosing Wynwood of Kenmore. One of them was for the advanced medical services they had available and the other was to be able to get my mother an apartment whereas to simply a room. She has a one bedroom apartment. She has a living room with kitchenette and a bathroom with a walk-in shower with a couple of big storage closets. I found the staff very excellent. I think they provide very good care for her. The facility is a very nice one and it's kept very clean and in good repair. They have nice services for my mom. I found the food was okay. Mom has a special diet because she has diabetes and she seems to be very pleased with the food. She thinks it's excellent.

Jme9950 January 13, 2014

My friend lived there for 2 years. As her mental abilities decreased her care decreased. She was incontinent of urine. If she didn't empty her garbage, the dirty diapers were left in her bathroom. The people in the facility did not contact us to let us know the garbage wasn't emptied. If she wet the beds the sheets were left in a corner. Again staff did not notify us. We took my friend out once or twice a week but did not always visit her room. We finally started coming to her rooms once or twice a week to make sure garbage emptied and linen done. Even after complaints to housekeeping her room was not cleaned. I know she was difficult but again we were not notified that she would not let them clean. My daughter finally started cleaning once a week. We finally moved her out of there. Thought paying $6100 a month for room and diabetic care was a bit much.

Judy34 July 31, 2013

Wynwood is really beautiful. That's the one that we chose to go with for my dad. It is very clean. It didn't look like a typical nursing facility where you are greeted with all the residents sitting in their wheelchairs when you walk in the door. It looks more like an apartment building. They have a whole bunch of different options in terms of apartments and my dad is looking at a one-bedroom apartment with a separate bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchenette. We also saw their dining room and it is like an elegant restaurant. They have linen tablecloths and a menu where you can order a meal of your choice. With regard to staff, they were all excellent. They have a big calendar of activities on the wall for the residents to know what's in store everyday. They also have a separate room that have a theater with a big screen and a popcorn machine. Overall, Wynwood looks like a nice place to stay.

Kirsten1 June 25, 2013

Mom seems to like it at Wynwood. They have whatever she needs. They have a movie room, bingo, and other activities. It's really fine and the place is great.

Don8 May 11, 2013

Wynwood of Kenmore wasn't bad. In fact, their rooms were even a little bigger and nicer than the other facility, except that it was three-stories high, and you would need an elevator there. My wife would need to have assistance almost in getting up and down the elevator. It's not that they would not be willing to do it. I didn't have any problems with that. She probably could get a room on the first floor if she required or wanted it, but the price was just enough to turn me away.

Edward5 April 26, 2013

Wynwood was a nice facility, but it's expensive. They walk me through the forms and they took me around. I'm familiar with the place because my mother and I used to go visit her brother there. I knew where everything was.

Steven2 December 04, 2012

When visiting this assisted senior living facility I had an experience in which I suspected to have. It was a home for the elderly that is helpful for independent living, assisted living with nurse care, and also Alzheimer's and Dementia impaired seniors. Their physical therapy program is helpful for residents to try and improve their overall physical health and assisting pain treatment. I see these things as very helpful for the elderly men and women of the facility. I observed the importance of companies such as this one. The staff were helpful while I was there visiting with a friend, I saw that a few individuals enjoyed being of assistance, especially those who could do their own small part to help. I think that small things could have been done to brighten up the building and to make it a little cleaner, inside and outside. I would like to go back again with my friend to visit his family.

Mikeman123 April 10, 2012

I give this place 4 stars when i went and visited my grandpa. the place was very clean and well kept. My Grandpa has nothing but good things to say about this place.. seems like a great place to live and i can honestly say would like to live in this place when i am old enough to be administered into a home like this Overall this was a very nice facility. We found the rooms to be spacious and nicely appointed. The staff was very attentive and went out of their way on numerous occasions to make my family feel welcome and to meet our needs. The housekeeping staff does a very good job and our relatives room was always clean and smelled fresh. The food was a high quality and the choices were varied. We dined with our relative many times for lunch and were always happy with the meals. I felt like the activities were on the lean side. they did offer some but that they could have been a bit more varied. Most are focused on medical seminars and the like. The exercise classes were fun for my family member and she also loved getting her hair done at the beauty salon each week. It really gave her a boost. I think this is a top notch facility that seems to do a good job making life comfortable and nice for it's residents.

From Brookdale Kenmore

Brookdale Kenmore provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Kenmore

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• French
  • Russian

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Minimum age: None

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Kenmore