Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

212 E. Main St., Florence, KY, 41042

Reviews of Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

November 27, 2013

By Vivian8

The facility was very, very nice and absolutely beautiful. The young lady that showed us around and helping us was wonderful. She answered all of our questions and gave us scenarios of what could happen and how they could take care of my brother in the facility. They were so compassionate to the people that were there and they were very friendly. I even told my son that when the time comes that they need to put me somewhere, take me at Elmcroft at Florence.

September 26, 2013

By Jane37

We were able to visit Elmcroft of Florence and everything went great. They were all wonderful, very informative, and very helpful. The place was very clean and very comforting.

September 25, 2013

By Caring67719450

My mom moved into Elmcroft of Florence two months ago. What I like about this place is that it is up-to-date. One drawback I have, though, is that they're not licensed to actually handle my mom's meds. I still have to do her meds for them. After I divided up the meds and set them up, all they have to do then is to just make sure that Mom takes them three times a day. Also I think they're cutting their budget on food. It seems like they're trying to compromise too much on that area. The portions and the food itself could be made a little bit better. The facility is very nice and the staff is very good; however, I still have some reservations about the everyday thing and what to expect of them.

August 08, 2013

By Linda65829750

The apartments were beautiful at Elmcroft but it was the farthest one away from the facilities we visited for my mom. If it wasn't for the location, we might have chosen it for her. I also loved the idea that they would team Mom up with another person to make sure she would get to dinner and things like that if she moved in.

April 14, 2013

By Karen and Pam

My mom has been at Elmcroft Florence for a year now. They have been very nice. The studio apartment is spacious, clean and the staff has been great. They do a great job attending to mom's needs. We appreciate that the facility is homey, never smells medicinal or 'old'. We appreciate all they do for mom.

April 12, 2013

By Caring1921

Elmcroft is convenient for us, location-wise. It's a very nice, clean and modern facility. The rooms are homey, with very large bathrooms. The atmosphere is inviting. There's a large room with a huge fireplace and seating around it and the residents just congregate out there. The staff is very friendly. However, it's awful that they don't give good orientations. When we went there, we pretty much had figure out everything by ourselves. I think when residents are taken in, they need to go through things and be shown what the facility schedules are, like when is the laundry going to be done and different things like that.

I am most grateful for this feedback and am reviewing our process of orienting new residents and families to Elmcroft of Florence. We do have a program in place to transition a new resident into the Elmcroft family, but it is clear we did not execute it well at the time of your move in. Because each resident is different, we customize our orientation to that individual resident. Some residents need more time to move in furniture, unpack bags and settle in. Too much information at once can be too much to absorb. Going forward, we will be sure to post in each new resident's apartment their laundry day, their housekeeping days, meal times and instruction on how to make a transportation appointment.

November 08, 2012

By traceyED

Although not nice to see your beloved family member not as youthful as you remember them and struggling more and more I was pleasantly surprised with Elmcroft. The most important part to me was my Grandmother's happiness, well being, comfort and security. Elmcroft is clean, beautifully maintained and her apartment is a good size. She has an emergency call system and can lock her doors and there are security cameras everywhere...good peace of mind. She has plenty of daily activities (socially and spiritually) on site and scheduled regular trips off site. There is as much interaction with others as she wants and yet her privacy is also respected. I was relieved at how they encourage the residents to stay active, very important in my view to maintaining health. The staff are professional and more importantly very caring and more than happy to answer our questions. All the rooms felt light and airy and modern. I had had reservations about Grandma going into 'a place' and it 'feeling' like a depressing place to go wait to die I was pleasantly proved wrong. It is a true community,very vibrant, caring and connected.

October 06, 2012

By kylet112

My grandmother has found it increasingly hard to deal with everyday tasks. She struggles with climbing stairs and many of our family members can't always be there to help her. This is why we decided to get her the assistance she needs. When we were looking for an assisted living facility for my grandmother, we were discouraged at the lack of quality that some of these establishments had. We were just about to lose all home when we came across Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky. This facility is a shining example of class, elegance and comfortable living. The establishment is extremely clean and spotless. The amenities are fantastic; they have a lot of activities to keep residents engaged and happy. The floorplans and designs are extremely beautiful and elegant. The moment grandma stepped into the building she felt at home, she was happy and felt comfortable. Since being there she has said that it feels like home to her. The staff could not be more courteous and helpful. Overall, I highly recommend Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky to anyone looking for an assisted living facility with charm, beauty and comfort.

August 08, 2012

By Shela E

We only visited this Facilitiy but was very impressed. My husband has a mother that has Dementia and is getting to the point that we are concerned with her staying alone. We met with Jenny D. from Elmcroft and found her to be very imformative and easy to talk to. Since this was our first time to do this, she had the answers to questions we might not have even thought of asking. We took a tour of the Facility and walked away thinking that when the time come for our Mother to go somewhere (in the near future), this would be the place. It was just so Beautiful and well cared for and didn't seem like you would be putting your loved one in a "Home". They had everything one could ask for and more! As we walked out the door upon leaving, my husband looked at me and said - When can we move in????

March 14, 2012

By ChrisW1

My grandma stayed here after a stroke, and was here for about a month. The building and individual rooms are clean and attractive, with plenty of natural and artificial light, which some nursing homes I've been to lack. The staff were friendly and informal, while maintaining their professionalism. I didn't get the sense I was in a medical facility or hospital. More like a very nice hotel. The only complaint I had was that there was a distinct smell of cleaning fluid in the hallway. It could have been that something had been spilled just before I got there, I don't know. But inside the room, the air was fresh and there was no sense of stuffiness about the place. Overall, I was impressed. The one thing I did note was that there didn't seem to be a lot of staff around. There was no emergency, and no staff were needed, so they might have been elsewhere allowing the patients some privacy. I only ever saw four or five staff in the building at any given time. But Grandma said they treated her well and she didn't have any complaints.

October 05, 2011

By LTW

My Mom has been a resident of Elmcroft Florence since Feb. She has been on a slow decline with Dementia and the staff has bent over backwards to help us deal with all her needs. They are loving caring people who are determined to treat each resident and their family with diginity and respect. Bob and his group should be proud of the job they are doing, and we all look for more good things to happen at Elmcroft in the near future!

Photos of Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

Services & Amenities of Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4050/month

About Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

At Elmcroft Kentucky residents enjoy the amenities that bring comfort and security to their lives. These assisted living services are designed to meet the individual needs of each resident, providing the level of assistance they need with the activities of daily life.

Our dedicated staff helps residents enjoy their greatest level of independence. Friends and family are always welcome and a full schedule of enriching activities is offered. Our Indiana assisted living residents enjoy delicious meals and experience more social interaction and stimulating opportunities than they might while living alone. Yet the atmosphere is very much like home, with ample opportunities for privacy as well as participation.

Map of Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky