Georgian Manor

651 River Walk Pkwy., Chesapeake, VA, 23320

Reviews of Georgian Manor

Dina6 December 20, 2015

I went to Georgian Manor, and it was very nice, but I wasn’t that impressed, because they had a little, tiny bit of an odor in their locked-down unit. The rooms were smaller. The staff was nice, and everybody I talked to was nice.

gpc August 21, 2015

My mother and I are very hard to please. She recently stayed at this facility for seven days to give me a respite and I must say the service and stay were superior. The dining accommodations were great and meals very well prepared. The rooms are large and inviting; and the staff was very caring, supportive, and accommodating. My mother (who didn't want to go) was sad to leave. Without a doubt, I highly recommend this facility.

Phil17 July 31, 2015

I visited Georgian Manor. I felt like it had a very homey atmosphere. The staff was very friendly. They looked engaged. The rooms were very spacious. There were lots of activities. They have bands that would come in, they would do dancing stuff on the Wii, and they have exercise, just to name a few. I think for its location, the staff, and the room sizes, Georgian Manor would be a place that I feel comfortable having my mother.

Susie13 February 17, 2015

It was a very comfortable place for my mother.

Caring102033250 February 11, 2015

I felt like Georgian Manor was the right size and that my husband wouldn’t get lost there as far as locating from where his room is to the dining room and living room area. Right now, they only have maybe 22 patients in the memory care department, and I felt like that was a nice group for my husband.

The staff was very friendly, very happy, and caring. I can’t say enough nice things about the staff. They were very helpful to me and made my husband feel like he was very special. It’s a nice big room; he has a dresser, a bed, a TV, and his own bathroom. The food has been very good, my husband has eaten very well, and he is not complaining at all about the food.

Valerie Piltato January 08, 2015

After living at another ALF for almost 2 years, we decided to move my grandparents to be closer to us. We chose Georgian Manor and we are so glad that we did. The staff is great and does a much better job at communicating with us that the other place did. My grandparents seem so much happier now and I am impressed with the activities offered by Georgian Manor. Their apartment is very bright and open which also contributes to their better mood.

Oldwisper January 21, 2012

The Georgian Manor at Riverwalk was a friendly place and the staff welcomed us seemed to care unlike other place I've seen. The rooms were nice and well kept. As nice as the facility is there planning upgrades to enhance it even more. The staff was prompt to answer any questions we asked and made us feel comfortable. The grounds were well kept and maintained. The location was easy to find and has a very classic look to it. The best part about the whole experience, is knowing that my great grandfather is taken care of from caring staff and I don't have to worry about him. The Georgian Manor allows my family and I to have a peace of mind when it comes to his health and that is in the right hands if any was to happen. I thank everyone a this facility for helping my family and I out. Thanks

From Georgian Manor

Welcome to Georgian Manor, a premier senior living community in Chesapeake that is managed by Commonwealth Assisted Living. Situated in the beautiful and refined River Walk area, our community is located close to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and entertainment. Georgian Manor provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It's specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Georgian Manor boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. Our commitment to the community was reinforced by a recent renovation that included an elegant dining room and library, among other features. For active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths and their pets are welcome too! Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Georgian Manor is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Georgian Manor further and schedule a tour today.

Features of Georgian Manor

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,750/month

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: virginia residential & assisted living

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Georgian Manor