Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs

433 Orange Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL, 32701

Reviews of Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs

November 19, 2016

By Joanne640123

Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs was very nice. I liked it a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a swimming pool, and they also had days when they played games with the seniors. They take them on trips sometimes, which was nice. I went to take my dad, but I was thinking that when I am of age, I probably would like to live there myself.

September 10, 2016

By Beth465708

The rooms at Grand Villa was fair. It’s spacious enough for one person. The staff was very friendly and personal. The dining area was very spacious and clean. It looks like a restaurant.

July 28, 2016

By Christopher868375

Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs's amenities were all very nice. Their apartments were very good and up to date. I really did like it. They seemed to really try to enrich the lives of the residents there, which is important to me because as you grow older, you need that. I was there while they were cooking the food, and it smelled awfully good and made me hungry. The rooms were OK but on the small side. That was a negativ,e but it wasn't really a turn-off. They do seasonal activities, so when I went there, they were doing a whole bunch of Easter activities and really trying to get the residents involved. I like the fact that they change activities for the season or holiday since it helps the residents move through the year. I think that's important.

July 09, 2016

By meandy0u2

The facility is lovely, the food is good, and the activities are well planned. But what is most impressive is the quality of care. The employees have been there a long time and they know the names and personalities of the residents. They interact and seem to truly enjoy doing what they do. We spoke with some of the residents who only reinforced what we saw by saying it felt like a big family and they really felt cared for. Many thanks to Barnie. My husband and I came the first time on our own and then we brought my mom back a second time and she was very pleased. Not only do they offer assisted living but also respite care and adult day care.

June 10, 2016

By MariaAMHVN

I had a good experience visiting Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs. The staff were very cooperative, nice, answered our questions, and tried to help us out. Everything was very good. It was nice, comfy, and secure.

May 22, 2016

By ErinXVQVR

I really liked Grand Villa, and it was really nice, but the price was out of my parents’ budget. They had gorgeous apartments with a nice little living room, small dining area, and bedroom. It was definitely the place where I would want my parents to go if they could afford it. The staff was very helpful, nice, and understanding. They deliver the meals to the room, and the menu looked good but somewhat limited; there were still nice options, though.

September 29, 2015

By Jayne8

One we had considered was Grand Villa. What was appealing to me about this one was it was all on one floor. Most of these other ones are a multi-level. It was very nice. I did have issues with the parking though. They had added another wing, so there was virtually no parking for visitors, and that was kind of a drawback. But the place was very nice, and the people were very friendly. They had quite a few activities, and I was very impressed with the amount of personal interaction there. The first time we visited, they were doing chair exercises. The thing is when we walked in it was like, “Great.” They had different sized rooms, and we had looked at a room that we thought mom would like size-wise. From the time we started looking there, we’ve been there a couple of times, and then they raised the rates. They just pushed it out of her financial acceptability. The staff was friendly. I would take a point off for their lack of their parking. The food was good.

We appreciate the kind words about our community and staff. We pride ourselves on keeping our residents active and engaged. Parking is a challenge that we face daily, but we always make our residents a top priority and have several spots reserved in the front for potential residents. Most of our residents do not have vehicles but we accommodate the families by allowing them to pick up and drop off our residents at the front. We do a minimal increase with our rates yearly. I am not sure when you visited, but it may have been prior to the yearly increase and then after the yearly increase. I am not sure if you found a place for your mom but I would encourage you to come and visit us again. I would be happy to meet with you personally.

Sincerely, Beverly Skaggs Executive Director

April 07, 2015

My father is in Grand Villa. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. That is one of the reasons why I made the decision to go there. My father is in the memory care unit. The food looks wonderful in the main dining room, but that's not where my father eats since he is in the memory care. The rooms are very nice. They are very roomy. He is in a semi-private, but it has plenty of space for 2 people, and they share a bathroom. You can have a private unit. They have 3 different sizes of units so you have a choice. It is priced very well, and it is something my father can afford. They have a swimming pool. They have different things going on for the people. They have trips for the people, and they have a director in-charge for that stuff. Dad has been there for 3 weeks, and I visit him 3 times a week. It is very secure. They have a security code in the memory care unit that I don't even know. I have to be brought in and I have to be brought out to make sure that nobody leaves their space. Right now, it has been a very positive experience, and I am hoping that it remains so. Right now, it is looking good. For the price, this is the best choice for my dad.

February 10, 2015

Grand Villa has a very caring staff. They are clean. I have tried to eat there, and it is good. It is where he can eat. He was having trouble eating, and they have a diet just for him. The room is very nice because we were able to furnish it. The caring staff and the cleanliness impressed me the most about this facility.

November 20, 2014

By N McCain

We toured several facilities before choosing Grand Villa for our loved one. It stood out above others in every way. The staff was understanding and empathetic to family members who had difficulty coming to terms with the monumental decision of placing a loved one in their care. They welcomed our loved one with open arms and made the transition less heartbreaking for all of us. All of the staff have been accommodating and attentive to our loved ones needs and helped to make the transition smooth. The community offers all-inclusive care, which makes the cost a good value. The facility is clean, well maintained and in a beautiful setting. The sales staff is friendly, welcoming and fully engaged with the residents and with the family members who visit. The receptionist, Aneyssa is especially friendly and charming. She makes each phone call and visit a pleasant experience. Aneyssa is an asset to the community. I would highly recommend this community to others.

September 12, 2014

By MrPollard

Other

I am an Extraordinary Minister of Communion for the Catholic Church. I have been visiting Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs for a while on a weekly basis to distribute Communion to the residents. Although I have not had the personal experience of a family member residing at the facility, I feel that I can give an honest review from what I have witnessed. I sincerely trust that the entire staff is excellent! The management staff that I have had direct contact with is: The Executive Director, Director of Wellness, Life Enrichment Director, Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor and Community Relations/Marketing Director. These staff members all deserve resounding applause of EXEMPLARY service. Their dedication, professionalism and compassion is inspiring. They are always ready and eager to assist in the needs of others with great enthusiasm and genuine heartfelt concern and consistent devotion. I haven often said they are my "morning glass of orange juice" with their joyful dispositions. I can safely say that they do jump-start my week off to a wonderful beginning!

July 19, 2014

By Melody drug

I currently reside with my daughter and son in law. But, I am actively researching assisted living facilities in the Altamonte springs area. I came across Grand villa and toured the facility with 2 other ladies, My daughter, and My son in law as I am hoping to find my own space with 2 to 3 months. I was greeted by the executive director who actually gave me the tour herself! She was very pleasant and made me feel like I was a part of the family. My first impression of the property was how beautiful and well kept it was. It was a great experience as we even had an opportunity to experience the great food as we stayed for lunch. Ms. Howell was helpful and delightful. At first glance I was amazed at how small some of the rooms were until She showed us another room. It was occupied but, I could tell that it was ample space. I was most concerned about the money. It's a bit pricey for me. I almost felt it was out of my league. But, Ms. Howell assured me that she could offer resources for some contacts at the VA who could offer assistance. Hands down this is a 5 star community!

April 01, 2014

By Cynthia24

We went to Grand Villa. It was the only place we've gone to see. We sat down with the staff for an hour and went over all the programs that they have and everything that they do and all the care that they give. We went on a tour of the place, and my sister and I felt like it does not feel like you're in a facility. It feels like you're kind of in a community; it seems very homey. We were taken around to the different tenants' housing. There were some who shared and some who have their own, and it just looked like their own little place. The director there made us feel really comfortable about the decisions that we had to make. She was great, and she followed up with me a couple of weeks later. She made us feel like she related to what we were saying and didn't make us feel like this is no big deal. They gave us a support meeting group calendar that we could go to for families that are going through the same thing, and just trying to place our mom and just how difficult it is to make that decision. They had shopping days, and they had birthday celebrations. They were having a Valentine's Day party for the tenants, and they invited us to stay. They had a guy who came in once a week and played the organ or the piano and entertained, and they all sang along. They took us into a room where they actually did garden therapy. They also had rocking babies. They have like a baby crib and they had dolls, and they said a lot of times that's good therapy for them. In the computer, they have memory games that they have certain times during the day -- cognitive working, that kind of thing. It was very informative.

January 27, 2014

By Vera56

My relative's experience at this facility has been first-rate. The facility is well maintained and the nursing staff and administration have been exceptionally compassionate and attentive. Nurses there even have caught mistakes in his medication that providers made -- an indication of their good training and hard work.

December 17, 2013

I went to visit Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs and it was clean. It was affordable and amazing.

November 27, 2013

By Valerie16

Mom stayed at Grand Villa a few times. It has nice lightning. The rooms were very nice. It looks like you're in a restaurant. The dining room was lovely and the food was good. The staff was very nice as well. They have a lot of activities. Every Sunday they make you an ice cream sundae and during Friday night they have what they call happy hour where they have somebody play music. They have big screen TVs and different exercise classes. They have a little computer lab. They also have a beauty parlor there and have a swimming pool. It’s just a nice place and the people are very nice. It's a welcoming facility. My mother was happy staying there and that was a big thing. She was happy to go back.

November 27, 2013

By Ada2

We've looked at Grand Villa Altamonte Springs. This is an assisted living facility and we are dealing with them right now. It’s close to my sister's house. We chose this facility because it doesn’t look like an institution. It's very clean and the staff is very lively. They all looked happy and well dressed with their makeup on. You don’t see anybody in a hospital gown walking around. Their meals are restaurant style. The apartments are really nice. The residents get to choose three choices with regards to their rooms. It looks like a home and it's cozy. They have apartment levels on the second and floor and all the activities are done on the first floor. They have terraces where the clients can do planting. They take the residents to shopping, to the beach, and to movies. They have a lot of activities that the residents can participate in. They really get the residents involved.

September 23, 2013

By Kim F.

The people were friendly and nice. They had more comprehensive things that he would be needing. It was clean and it looked like a little resort. However, they have second floor and my dad doesn't want to be on the second floor. It was also a bit expensive

August 30, 2013

By Rey9

We were going to move dad to Grand Villa but unfortunately, he passed away. I was really impressed with the place. The management and the facility was nice. They even let me store his furniture there in the interim and hopes he was going to move in there. The place is newer and they have different size rooms.

February 20, 2013

By ybu2

This facility is poorly run -- They market you services and do not deliver what they sell you. Don't move to this or any of their properties as the marketing people have no idea what they are doing and do not deliver the services they promise. full of empty promises ..

December 17, 2012

Grand Villa view is nice. The facility itself is gorgeous, and very effective looking. The food and all the visible stuff, they're all very impressive. But their level of care is horrible. The staff is poorly trained. One of my clients was able to walk out of the facility and the person was found the next day wandering.

November 12, 2012

By elderlywatch

Other

On the plus side: Great compassionate STAFF (nurses aids, housekeepers, maintenance personnel, kitchen staff they are all wonderful),reasonably clean, decent meals, very good location. On the negative side: They lack a case manager, lots of miscommunication at administrative level, they "market" services and care levels that are really not available as described, total lack of compassion and empathy from top management, for them this is just a business. To summarize, wonderful staff, terrible administration.

July 02, 2012

By hellolovely

I would not recommend this facility to anyone. My grandmother stayed there for about a year. The Place is dirty, not well kept. They had construction workers work all through the night for 2 months, so my grandmother could not sleep. The staff was terrible, most of them are teenagers who are CNA's and not LPN or RN. One girl in particular would yell at my grandmother when bathing her and called her names. The food was ok, But they were only allowed to eat at set times, therefore, I kept food for my grandmother to eat if she got hungry. I was under the impression that it was assisted living facility not prison, but they made her wake up everyday at 4am. Overall it was a terrible experience. Stay away! they will take all of your money and treat your loved ones like a prisoner. Shop around and find a better place, Grand villa of Altamonte is terrible!

Photos of Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs

• General Store
  • Pool

• State Licenses: AL 7103

About Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs

Grand Villa is a family-style community with wonderful features and amenities to help residents get the most out of life. Our residents have the freedom and independence they want with the support and care they need. Our residents and families say that the number one reason they enjoy living at Grand Vila is our loving, dedicated staff. Food and activities were number two and three. Grand Villa "Looks like home. Feels like family."

Map of Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs