Sunrise of Alexandria

Reviews of Sunrise of Alexandria

Overview of Ratings

4.1

March 27, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Alexandria. The facility is lovely and the prices are comparable. It also has a very homey feeling. I was shown an efficiency apartment and it was a nice room – very nicely done. The people looked like they were well taken care of there.

February 24, 2014

By Lucy13

I enjoyed speaking with the people at Sunrise of Alexandria. They seemed to feel like they were being taken care of. I found the place clean. The staffing was appropriately numbered for the number of people you are dealing with. The sanitation was good and the residents seemed happy to be there. The one thing I find weird is that the refrigerator opens backwards and I thought that just needs to be fixed and I hope if I come back to that facility, they would have already fixed that, other than that the facility is really good.

February 13, 2014

By LovelyLady0000023

Sunrise looked pleasant . I found the staff professional and accommodating but we needed the services immediately and they had a waiting list. The rooms were much smaller. The dining room was pleasant though.

November 20, 2013

I don't know if I want to go with Sunrise. It was an average facility. The staff was okay. Their rooms were adequate. However, to me, Sunrise doesn't have anything that's particularly outstanding. If you're looking for something that meets average criteria, I think this place has it.

September 25, 2013

By Roger13

We were impressed with Sunrise. We had a great meeting with the director and the facility was very nice.

June 20, 2013

By Barbara38

I chose Sunrise Senior Living for my husband because it was very close to me, just ten minutes away. They also had an opening in a short period of time. The place was very clean and pretty. Everyday they had something going on like arts, walks around the place, brain teasers, movies and many more. The staff seemed caring to the residents.

August 21, 2012

By teexrawr

Upon reaching the grounds, we noticed that the outside and shrubbery were well maintained. There are plenty of trees and flowers to make one feel quaint. Entering the facility, we were greeted warmly and with a smile, asking for our purpose of visit. When we told them and wanted to take a tour, they happily obliged and took us around. The environment was very relaxed and moderated. You could tell the elderly residents were quite happy to be there, busy with their own activities. There were plenty of seating areas with lots of different activities available to the residents. These included board games, a quiet area for reading, chrochet, etc. The rooms were spacious and well kept. The furnishings and decorations flowed nicely together. The bathrooms were inviting and friendly for disabled patrons, being all compliant with ADA regulations. The cafeteria, however, was a bit outdated. Overall, it was a very nice facility.

July 06, 2012

By tjefferson91

The staff is friendly, caring and professional. They've made my mom feel comfortable and have gone out of their way to help me with this transition as well. I know my mom is getting excellent care.

May 19, 2012

By Joswea

The facility is large and resembles almost a Victorian style house. Inside of Sunrise, I and my grandmother were pleased with the interior design. It had a very "warm" feel to it. It was a 3-story place- 1st floor was the dining room and reception and a few activity/living room areas. 2nd floor is the majority of the residents who require only minor assistance, such as my grandmother. It was quiet, and the residents didn't seem especially friendly, but no one was overly rude either, or seemed unhappy. 3rd floor is the residents who require more intensive supervision-- residents with dementia. We were given the opportunity to sit down for a meal and found it to be adequate. Overall, we were pleased with this facility for the most part. Of the 3 we've visited so far, we like Sunrise the best by a little, but will be visiting more in the coming weeks for more comparison.

July 11, 2011

By PunkOle

Other

Sunrise Assisted Living in Alexandria Virgina was a good choice to take care of my aging aunt. She was 78 when we had her registered there. The staff was very welcoming and warm to her and us as well. She was given her own room in one of the dormitory buildings. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Her linens were changed everyday and the nurses made sure to keep an eye on her. when i askedher about her experience there she said she was having quite a bit of fun as they have a library and a game room. she liked to play board games and card games with the other residents. she liked the food as well. she has enjoyed her stay at Sunrise Assisted Living and is quite happy there to this day. The facilities are clean and fresh, the residents are entertained and kept company.

May 26, 2011

By SonBear

Friend or relative of resident

A family friend lives in this facility and has received adequate care. The staff takes care of her, in one instance shielded her from a scandal that would have hurt her reputation. Though I haven't been to see this friend in a while, last time I was there the apartments were tidy, our friend was well-fed, and nurses came in and out to check on things. I think the workers were excellent, though I did not like the care for the hallways. Many stains, and a bit of a smell, but as I said, the apartments were well-cared for, a the help seemed very responsive. All in all, I'd give it 4 stars.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Sunrise of Alexandria

Features of Sunrise of Alexandria

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Sunrise of Alexandria

Sunrise of Alexandria is located right in the heart of Alexandria, just minutes from Old Town. We pride ourselves in our friendly, home-like atmosphere, and delectable restaurant-style cuisine. We offer a lively activity program including van trips, shopping, various tours around the metro area, and much more.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Alexandria