Home Care Safety
The V.A. provides home-modification grants for veterans, under certain conditions. Learn who's eligible, what the V.A. pays, and how to apply.
Well-designed homes are safe and accessible for multiple residents, both now and at other stages of life. Learn the basics of universal design.
The kitchen is one of the most dangerous rooms in your house. Learn five common kitchen dangers you may never have thought of before.
More About Home Care Safety
- Kitchen Safety Tips
- Bathroom Dangers
- 5 Surprising Ways to Make a Bathroom Safer
- Bedroom Safety for Someone With Alzheimer's
- Home Safety for the Person with Alzheimer's Disease
- Home Modification for Alzheimer's
- Senior Home Safety
- Universal Design Remodel
- Bathroom Safety for Older Adults
- CareLine+ Phone System: Caregivers' Review
- Read more articles about Home Care Safety…
- How can I get financial help for things like a ramp and hand rails to accomodate my disabled mother who now lives with me?
- How do I find a reputable contractor in another state?
- What are my responsibilites as a non-senior designated apartment manage to install safety bars in bathrooms?
- How can I help my 82-year-old mother overcome her fear of falling?
- Is there a special dishwasher for the elderly?
- Should I take cigarettes away from my mother, who has Alzheimer's, for fear she'll start a fire?
- How can my brothers keep Mom safe in the bathroom without anyone being uncomfortable?
- We're preparing a safe home for Mom; what else do we need?
- Which bed alarms are the best?
- Will Medicare pay for a ramp into our home?
- Read more questions about Home Care Safety…