HarborChase of Gainesville

1415 Fort Clarke Blvd, Gainesville, FL, 32606

Contact Now

Reviews of HarborChase of Gainesville

Caring110826350 July 13, 2015

My visit at HarborChase of Gainesville was OK. The people were receptive. They have a receptionist upfront, and she was very receptive. The person who gave us the tour was very accommodating. She showed us the rooms, and I saw that the rooms were not what I was looking for my mom.

Caring107093750 May 29, 2015

HarborChase of Gainesville was very nice, and the people were very friendly, but it's a little more expensive.

Shane5 May 16, 2015

My husband is in Harbor Chase. He is actually happy there. The social atmosphere and being with the group of people is so beneficial for him. Their services is very good. His room is very nice. The beauty of Harbor Chase is they do have a nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. They have a huge window, and it looks over their outdoor area.

He participates in the activities. He is still very mobile himself. They have a kind of a walk around in the whole inside of the building, and he will take some of the residents -- the ones that needs to walk, but can't do it by themselves. They let him do that. They have a sing-a-long, bingo, exercise classes, ice cream socials, and a lot of social activities. They have a men's club where they have all the guys together.

Harbor Chase has a higher amount of staff per resident than some of the other places, and I did like that. The main things that I see there is that he is happy and his room is really clean. They do all the laundry. He is clean, even his clothes.

Caring43288750 February 26, 2015

My experience with HarborChase is fine. It is very good. The people are great, and they are very good with the clients. They are friendly. It is kind of a small homey atmosphere. They have a good program of events. It is for my husband, but he hasn't moved in yet. I just think they have a caring atmosphere.

Caring83390850 July 09, 2014

Our experience with HarborChase has been good. The facility is very clean. Mom is in their memory care unit. She appears, from day to day when I go visit, to be well cared for. There isn't much we can ask. The food is good, and she seems to be eating. They watch her medicines, and they are on top of the changes with her drugs and things that need to be done. However, there are some limitations on their part, being that they are not a nursing home, and they don't have doctors on staff, so they have to contact her doctor to do certain things, and that's understandable.

There is one issue: another resident is taking clothes from my mom's closet. The staff worked it out. It is taking a little while because they need to contact the woman's family. The woman is finally moving to a private room because she isn't doing it just to my mom, she's doing it to other people. The staff did everything they could to help alleviate that issue. Other than that, everything is OK. We are happy with the decision we made.

Caring82917850 April 29, 2014

HarborChase had a very nice, homey atmosphere. The staff was very cordial. The rooms were very clean, very spacious, very nice. The food is very good. They have games and movies. They bring people in to sing and entertain, and they also take them out in the bus to different places. Within a mile, there are grocery stores and gas stations. It doesn't seem like an institution. It's just a nice place to live.

Caringformom1. December 22, 2013

My Mother stayed at this facility for 7 nights. To the tune of $6,600 plus change. They will not communicate with me regarding reimbursement. I could have taken her to a luxury spa and gotten better care for her than this place

Nancy73346250 December 20, 2013

I visited HarborChase of Gainesville when I looked for a place for my mom. The place was clean and smelled great. They had two pet cats that greeted you when you went inside. They seemed to have a lot of activities for the residents like socials during Sunday, they took them to the other areas to socialize, and more. The rooms were pretty big. And the residents were happy.

Riley1 November 27, 2013

The environment at HarborChase was very good. The facility was clean and very neat. You can tell that it was well taken care of. Their staff was very helpful.

Caring74689550 November 26, 2013

HarborChase is absolutely beautiful and the 1-bedroom apartments were nice, big and roomy but we would have been put on a waiting list for about six months. The staff was very nice. She was assisted very well. They did give us some scones when we left and they were wonderful. My mother-in-law could have her choice of meals but it was almost $3,000 more a month. Dorothy could not afford that.

Tomatilla October 21, 2013

Recent management and staff changes have severely degraded the consistency of care at HarborChase of Gainesville. Undertrained and largely unsupervised staff have led to difficult problems starting in this past summer. In addition to linens being stolen and other inconveniences for which I have hot received reimbursement. I start the week finding out that staff evidently did not reclose my mother's locked door at night and a wandering man just came on in and got in bed and would not leave. This was in the middle of the night, I was not called until nearly 12 hours later and I am extremely upset. I went and checked things but security measures that are consistent with congregate care facilities were denied to my mother, plus it was implied that maybe my mother unlocked her door on purpose. Right! My sweet 90-year-old mom trolling for dudes? No way. You can bet this is going to be solved to my satisfaction or else. The Director was not called about this today. Tomorrow will straighten this out one way or another and my attorney is on speed dial.

Caring For Dad1 August 28, 2013

HarborChase was my second choice for my father. They have a long-term care and skilled nursing there, which the other facility does not have. It is comparably the same size as the one where my father is at right now. I checked one of their rooms and it felt more closed-in. They were nice but it felt more like a hotel setting.

Kristen7 August 02, 2013

The people at Harborchase are outstanding. We went over there a couple of times. They were wonderful. The facility had a couple of really neat things, like a little 1950's cafe-drugstore type of thing. But you have to pay extra to order stuff from there. They seem to have an extremely active activities staff. They have things going on everywhere.

commercesd April 11, 2012

While in the area, we stopped in on the spur of the moment to see the HarborChase of Gainesville assisted living facility while searching for a place for my friend's mother to live. The staff was happy to show us around, despite the fact that we didn't have an appointment.

The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds and manicured lawns. The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers.

It was clear that they can handle different levels of ambulation and memory impairment.

Some of the many activities and outings included local sight seeing, musical events, guest speakers, shopping, educational seminars, birthday and holiday celebrations, exercise programs and other varied social gatherings.

The dining areas were warm and friendly. We tried some of the snacks which were all delicious. The staff takes the time to offer meals and snacks that look and smell very appetizing.

The living spaces were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

We enjoyed our visit at this facility and would recommend that people in the area who are looking for a good home for an elderly person check it out.

From HarborChase of Gainesville

Celebrating senior living each and every day!

Welcome to HarborChase of Gainesville, and the highest standard of senior care offering assisted living, and our acclaimed memory care program. Respect and simple kindness abound here as we celebrate each individual life with the dignity it has earned and a warm appreciation of chapters still to unfold.

We know you're facing a difficult decision. That's why we're here, and why we do what we do. We understand the challenges you face when caring for a loved one with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer's. But now imagine a new home where lovely surroundings, tasty food, and a compassionate, competent staff make each day shine. This is HarborChase of Gainesville, where we pride ourselves on setting the gold standard every day.

Come visit and experience our tradition of excellence in senior care.

Call today; this could be your truest act of love.

Features of HarborChase of Gainesville

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,695/month

• Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 9815