Which type of music player would be easiest for my mom to control?

How can I set my mom up with something that is easy for her to use so she can listen to music in her assisted living bedroom? The radio channels in her little town are not very good, and I would like to tape the music she loves so that she can turn it on easily. Is there an easy iPod or similar device that she could just press one button to control or play the music? This would be sooo helpful. Thank you!!

Answers
Sandydot answered...

I am trying to do the same thing for my bed-ridden mother. I hope someone has a good answer. It needs to be a simple player that uses flash drive or something like that, with simple speaker set up.

I just found this site and have the same question. I am planning on checking with my IT person in the office and also going to the closest Best Buy and ask one of the young techs. They should have a good answer.

I found the perfect set, made for vision impaired, but from England so runs on 220v and rather expensive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Soundbox-Everyone-Visually-Impaired/dp/B007FTWVE2#productDescription

Otherwise: Get an inexpensive mp3 player and load with music. Or attach a thumb drive to a mini-boom box type speaker with a slot for USB. Old Time Radio (OTR) is available for free download from archive.org. Many shows also available elsewhere for free download. I would start with Variety Shows -- they have music and comedy and familiar voices like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, etc.

You might have to make a label to help the older person remember where to turn on, where to press play. Some of those buttons are miniscule.

Would people be interested in buying players already loaded with a month's worth of music and shows? I was wondering...