(800) 973-1540

Does a lung mass equal cancer?

Dolores asked...
I may have a large mass on my lung. Does a lung mass mean I have cancer?

Answers
Caring.com User - Dan Tobin, M.D.
Dan Tobin, M.D. is the CEO of Care Support of America, a national service providing telephonic and local nurse counsel to adult children...

Hi. It is important to ask your doctor what type of mass you have. A mass can be cancer as well as not. Your doctor will tell you what test See also:
Since her cancer diagnosis, my mother has seemed very depressed. Does she need professional help?

See all 813 questions about Cancer
have been done and what type of mass, cancer or not you have. It is of ten intimidating to ask doctors important questions but you should schedule time in the office to ask exactly what is going on for you and what types of treatments you can expect. If you are concerned you can have a friend or relative go to the doctor’s office with you and write down the answers. You can always call back and ask more questions. Remember, it is your body and your life. Don’t stay in the dark about important information.
Be well
Dan Tobin