Top nearby Nursing Homes:

About Thomas-Hood Veterans Center

Thomas-Hood Veterans Center is a nursing home in Wilmore, KY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Thomas-Hood Veterans Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Thomas-Hood Veterans Center

Average Rating: 5.0 based on 1 Review

Thomas-Hood Veterans Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by KDavisKY February 02, 2012

This is a beautiful assisted living facility.My mom is currently living there.She and I both are very happy with the care she receives.When you arrive there,the outside is beautiful,and maintained,even in the winter time.They have a area where birds live,you can see them up close,feed them,which is unique for any facility.I have observed the way the staff treats other patients living there,they are patient,friendly and kind to everyone.No one working there is harsh,or mad,or in a hurry to get home-like I have seen at a different facility.They have a lot of staff working there.Nurses,aides,social worker,cooks,grounds keeper.It is amazing the amount of people it takes to run a assisted living facility.The buildings are very clean and updated,the floors shine,trash is always out of sight,the visiting area is very comfortable and adequate,I have no problem visiting for many hours.The meals are well planned,some patients are on a special diet,including my mom.If I am there when meals are served,they always offer me a tray,which keeps my mom and I the feeling of eating together at home,like we use to do.

Location of Thomas-Hood Veterans Center