Reviews of Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center

Posted by Avelisse July 11, 2013

Care at eger's is excellent the 8 th floor nursing staff is the best, my dad is getting the best care I could ever have asked for. Corinne, missy, Noreen are excellent nurses always kind and smiling, it is because of them and there staff that makes it easier for a family member to have a loved one in there care.

Posted by Caring548 June 21, 2012

My father has been to Eger. He had to be in this rehab center because he has VNS (vagus nerve stimulation). But everything is okay now. They provide a safe and caring environment for all the patients and that's all that matters. It was a home-like environment and they do have different programs for each patients with different needs. It's a good place.

Posted by Mike6 April 14, 2012
4.0

Let me start by saying that it is never easy to see a loved one in a vulnerable state in which they can not take care of themselves on their own. That being said, the care that my Aunt received at Eger was exceptional. The staff at the Nursing Home treated her with respect and dignity. Every time I went to visit her it was definitely apparent that the staff was very caring. She felt like it was a home away from home. My Aunt was upbeat and had developed a strong relationship with several of the staff that took care of her. Also she made as many friends as possible with the other residents that lived around her room. This was definitely a great way for my Aunt to recover. Also, the facility was always clean. I highly recommend this nursing facility to any and all people that need a place for their care.

Posted by Dedicated Heart October 19, 2011

My friend was the sole caregiver to her dad who lived with her. For many years she did not go anywhere for an extended period of time because she did not feel comfortable leaving him home alone. She did some research and found out about Egers in Staten Island. They have what is callled a Respite stay. I went with her to the appoinment. The facility has such beautiful grounds, very quiet, and surrounded by lots of trees. To the eye it looks beautiful, but she was still nervous about the actual care he would recieve. The nurses seemed nice, the patients were well groomed ,and the adminstrator was very helpful in making the decision alot easier for my friend. She enrolled him in the respite stay, and was very pleased. Her dad actually loved it, which was very surprising considering that he gave her such a hard time about going. I believe she did this Respite Stay twice (1 time per year) before her Dad became to fragile to care for alone. She knew she had to get him the 24hr care he needed, and would go no other place then Egers. If you are having a difficult time caring for your loved one alone and need a break, consider the respite stay at Egers. You will be pleased with the care your loved one receives.

Location of Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center