Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Shorepointe Nursing Center

Posted by Darlene17 July 29, 2014
4.0

I really liked the cleanliness at Shorepointe Nursing Center. The people were nice and professional, too. Everything was well taken care of. The only drawback, like in any nursing home, was they were a bit understaffed with the RNs, LPNs, and nursing aides.

Posted by cece89 August 29, 2013
1.0

All about money. Family member In shared room with another poor patient with severe mental problems causing disturbances at all times of day and night. Asked to be moved several times, was lied to and assured that mother would be moved. When it was obvious they really were not going to follow through on promise to move, a private room was immediately available at $80 a day ($2400 up front) which we agreed to as the situation was having a big impact on my mother's health. There were other shared rooms available, but given to new patients. My mother got no sleep and suffered mentally from the roomate's issues.

When she was moved to a hospital, we were quickly contacted to find out if we would like to pay $1000 to keep her room, leaving a very bad taste in my mouth after the room issue.

On the other hand, a lot of the caregivers are very good here and very patient and caring. They appear understaffed at times and unable to keep up with all the rooms they are assigned, but it looks like they are not scheduled well by management.

Posted by Frank123 August 16, 2013

My uncle was at this facility a month ago. His immediate family and my immediate family cannot say enough wonderful things about the care that he received. The nursing staff was caring and kind and unlike a lot nursing homes, the staff really cared about their patients. I would definitely refer any friends or family members to shorepointe.

Posted by PapaJohn01 July 31, 2013

I was a patient at Shore Pointe and have to say I got great care. The rehab was very good. The nursing care was very good. The food was very good.

Posted by Devoted Wife July 25, 2013

My husband was a recent patient at ShorePointe. We were naturally a lit apprehensive at first knowing he had to go to a rehab facility, but wow were we ever impressed. The therapists, nurses, aides were all so helpful and pleasant. They even had a concierge...it was like we were in a fancy hotel. My husband's only complaint was that he would have liked to stay even longer. Highly recommend.

Posted by Worried daughter1 July 04, 2013

Wonderful! Would recommend to family and friends!

Posted by lorac710 February 18, 2013
2.0

The place is all show....as long as you are there , your loved one will get some care...but once you leave ..forget it...also while you are there ....I rang buttons, bells called out etc etc...NO HELP.....not enough staff and a nurse told my mother she stinks ...thinking it would make her shower....that is abusive for someone with dementia ....and this nurse neverr did anything but walk around and go downstairs to smoke ! half the staff plays on phones while patients beg for help !! the sad thing ..is this is problably one of the better places.....

Posted by ausherman January 21, 2012
4.0

I was highly recommend this facility by Hospital staff and relatives. The Facility was a bit hard to find at first as the signage was not that visible. The parking lot was ample on the living assisted side, however it did not have much space on the nursing care side. Walking in the front doors it seemed more like a decent hotel and not a nursing facility. The staff was friendly and helpful. While being showed around I quickly learned that taking the elevator was the fastest way to get around as most of the residents need it with their wheels chairs and such. The public areas of the facility were nice and clean, and had ample staff available. There were plenty of activities for residents, and place seemed upbeat and positive. The rooms were top notch even if you had to share. All the amenities like phone and TV were not complementary which was kinda odd with the amount of money you pay to stay there. The meals were always appetizing and nutritious. The in-house salon was very accommodating even if you are on oxygen. I always enjoyed visiting my grandmother there and would definitely use them again in the future as the physical therapists were some of the best I have seen.

Posted by LLCofSCS1 November 19, 2011
1.0

Terrible treatment. Loved one came home w/C-Diff.

Posted by TheStorm April 20, 2010
2.0

Looks good, but look deeper !

My elderly Mother was accepted through medicare rehab skilled nursing plan. Unfortunately, their blanket policy for new residents is all current walking assistance is not allowed. What does this mean? My Mom has used a wheeled walker for over 10 years and was actually using it in the hospital before arriving at Shore Point. The floor nurse in charge immediately demanded the wheeled walker removed without assessing her current mobility state. The nurse stated that my Mom would have to prove her mobility with the rehabilitation staff and would need to be certified to use the wheeled walker at their facility. Since my Mom has major knee issues on both legs, chair to chair or chair to bed transfers are much more difficult for her. With my Mom having many health challenges this policy definitely threw the proverbial dagger at her last clinging hope to her own body propelled mobility. Several days later, while a resident at Shore Point, Mom fell doing a transfer and broke her hip. She of course has additional challenges and is now bedridden and back in the hospital. Staff is sometimes very slow to react to call button and motion alarm. Pros: Food is good. Appears very clean. Friendly Professional Staff

Medicare Ratings