Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Grand Oaks Health And Rehabilitation Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring80087850 November 27, 2013
4.0

Right now my father in law is in a rehab/nursing home at Grand Oaks Health and Rehab Center. The physical therapy department is excellent. If someone needs to have a very good PT or occupational therapy, this is actually the best facility. My father-in-law is a very unsocial person and we've been trying to get him to socialize. We also hear him grumble all the time and complain about the food. It's not that great at all. I had been to their dining room which they also use as a place for their activities. They have a very good method of recourse like we have family meetings with all the head of the department very so often and that's good. I think Grand Oaks is good for long term care and also if you have someone who maybe have had a stroke and is trying rehab, but I think their LPNs need to be a little sharper.

Grand Oaks Health And Rehabilitation Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Miss You Mai September 27, 2012
4.0

My experience with Grand Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center is appreciated and thankful but at the same time it was frustrating so I guess it is best to say that it is bitter sweet. The staff at times was helpful but not all of them were as helpful as you would want them to be. We tend to befriend three nurses that we completely loved that treated my grandmother like family. I think that is what you want out of a Nurse who is tended for a love one. These employees will constantly check on my grandmother to see if a change of sheets or undergarments were needed. They always made sure to acknowledge and celebrate her birthday and treated my grandfather with so much compassion who was hurting so much to see his wife. I liked how the facility had a monthly calendar that listed events such as bingo, piano night, comedy night, etc. These events were very cool in providing the patient excitement to help make them give somewhat of a notion that life isn't over for them. There is still time to live, laugh, and enjoy. I think that is important. The facility had nice and peaceful areas outside that you can take your love one for a short walk. It was frustrating in dealing with the doctors and nurses that treated the patients as if it was the end of the road for them. I felt like the doctors cared less more than the nurses which is why I gave Grand Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center 4 stars out 5. To end on a positive note, when my Grandmother passed away it brought me to tears for my grandfather to see the support of the nurses that I attended the funeral. That support will never be forgotten.

Medicare Ratings