Reviews of San Remo

Posted by DisappointedHere April 06, 2014
1.0

Pretty facility and some good people... BUT disappointed with most of the staff. There is definite problem in taking care of patient needs... "It is some one else's job." Night and graveyard shifts were the worst, and management is oblivious. I observed first hand, sadly.

I would not return or recommend this facility.

Posted by Caring77944850 February 27, 2014

My friend is now in San Remo Skilled Nursing and Rehab and she's planning on being there permanently. It is a pretty new facility and they are highly rated. The people that I talk to there are very nice and helpful. They have a doctor if they need one. She seems to be in a very good care there. She likes it there and we are very pleased with them.

Posted by PDQ February 14, 2014
1.0

Pretty, yes. Beyond that, NO! I would absolutely not put an elderly loved one at this place. They are not capable or willing to protect or care for those who truly need critical care nursing help. My poor mother was there for less than 30 hours when she tried to get out of bed, fell, and rebroke her leg, which is why she was there in the first place. After I was adamant that my mother was not following directions and asked that they help her, they did NOTHING to help prevent her from falling and did NOTHING to protect her if she did fall. Then after she tried to get up and fell, she re-broke her leg tearing out the plate and screws that had just been put in. They called me and when I got there she was screaming in pain, yet they would not call 911 and wanted her to wait in pain til they could get their own transportation to arrive from another location 45 minutes away. I had to call 911 myself from San Remo and get my mother taken to the ER in the middle of the night. Then their administrator would not call me back the next day. My mother did not make it through the next surgery and might be alive today if I had not selected San Remo for her. Their care was terrible for an elderly person. They should be ashamed of what they did to my mother. The ER doctor said their inability to protect and care for my mother was inexcusable. Stay away.

Posted by Bill35 January 31, 2014
1.0

San Remo was a five-star rated facility but it was crap. The head staff in the front office was very good, but the floor nurses and nursing aides were very poor. They were not attentive to the personal care of the residents. The apartments were small for what they charged. The only activitiy I saw was physical therapy, I did not see the other activities. The food was good. They should improve the practices of their nurses and nursing aides. I did not like that place at all.

Posted by Caring58465650 October 15, 2013

I've selected San Remo and I absolutely do like the facility. The staff is awesome. I would absolutely recommend this place.

Posted by John 3 November 07, 2012
4.0

San Remo is a new and nice facility. The staff was nice, and the environment was fine.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 676256

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality