Top nearby Nursing Homes:

54792

Reviews of Andorra Woods Healthcare Center

Posted by spady August 06, 2014
1.0

I stayed at this place for one night and that was one night too many. the admissions person came and saw me on the hospital and told me the building had recently been renovated they had a new head nurse and I would receive great care. I got none of those things I was given a private room that the night nursing staff told me was against the rules and they could put in a roommate any damn time they pleased. Little did I know I had many roommates the room was infested with mice and roaches. When I asked the very drugged out nurse for my Dr. prescribed medication I was told I wouldn't receive it until the morning so I mused two dose. The expereinceclimaxed for myself in the morning when the head of Andorra Woods nursing came to my room dressed like she was about to go to the club and made me feel as if I shouldn't complain. I never received any apology from her. The social worker was great she helped me move to another building where I am now and trying to forget my night in the twilight zone

Posted by PBraun June 13, 2014
4.0

After visiting my mother, who was admittitted to Andorra Woods last week, I am happy to see she doing well and in very good hands. I was informed that the location has new owners with a strong, positive reputation in the long term care industry. They have hired a new nursing leadership team and are completely renovating the building. It was so much nicer than I had imagined.

Posted by dobbie1 June 11, 2014
4.0

What a nice place! Went to visit a friend staff friendly care good doing painting and getting new furniture now. Very Pleased

Posted by Michael43 March 26, 2014

My Father was in Andorra for about three weeks to a month before he passed away. We liked how attentive they were to my father at that time. We also liked that they have men on the staff, which was needed by my father. The room were very clean and there was always maintenance going on. He was undergoing therapy, and he did a lot of group activities. He was always eating the food that was fed to him.

Posted by kcr March 20, 2014
1.0

This place is horrible. The nurses have poor attitudes and the residents are not treated well. The place is at most times dirty, and smells bad. The nurses are mostly lazy and ignore residents. I would NEVER send family there. It should be shut down

Posted by Wdwfab5 August 04, 2013
1.0

my relative has been a permanent resident for over a year. Some of the Staff are wonderful but the others need to move On with their lives and find a job they like. Residents are ignored after trying to call for help for quite a while. The resident's personal clothing is always missing, some things have been stolen and never returned. I wish they would have more activities for those who don't see well or hear well enough to participate with those that do. My relative can not feed herself. Tey will not always help her so most of the time the food is on the floor or her clothing, not to mention she is not getting adequate nourishment. I think they are understaffed or have too many staff that just don't want to so a better job.

Posted by katelynmaks March 28, 2012
2.0

Most of the administrative staff was friendly (receptionist, social workers) but many of the nurses were not as friendly and did not give patients proper care when they needed it. Patients were ignored sometimes and the resident I was related to complained about being talked down to. Patients could have been kept cleaner and hygiene was not always kept up with. The resident I was related to was not showered every day or even every week sometimes. They would rather put a diaper on him than take him to the bathroom, even if he wanted to. Sometimes clothes were not washed before being put on the patient again. The inside facilities could have been kept cleaner and smelled better but the outside of the place was nice and spacious and had places for the residents to sit. They had nice activities for the residents to participate in every day. My relative enjoyed some of them but maybe they could have more of a variety of activities or guests.

Posted by elemide June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

As I walked in here, I went past two machine-operated glass doors indicating to me close attention to security. Interior also felt very homely and colorful. I can definately see myself retiring to such a place.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 395296

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality