Reviews of Orchard Park Health Care Center

Posted by Kellie H September 17, 2014

My father in law was there and it had just been remodeled. Very nice inside and out. The staff was unbelievably caring, attentive, and efficient. They treated him with dignity, respect and compassion in his last days. They kept him comfortable and safe. When he passed, they consoled me with such caring concern (I was a basket case). I highly recommend this place.

Posted by sillygoose July 16, 2014
1.0

My mother was in this facility after having knee replacement surgery. She is only 64 and fully capable of deciding what type of care she needs. The first day in, one of the nurses helped her to the bathroom, told her she was going to get some ice, and never returned. My mother was left on the toilet for 30 minutes. The assistants were coming in her room in the middle of the night to empty garbage cans and straighten her room. She was also not given her pain medication when it was due. My mother was neglected in this "care" facility. She recovered much better at home with my 12 year old daughter helping her out.

Posted by Astonished July 21, 2012
2.0

This facility caters to short term care NOT long term care! (Most recent situation) Air conditioning units went out in the rooms of these people in their 80's and 90's the morning of the 16th of July. Our temperatures have been in the upper 90'sand over 100 degrees. Asking about the situation, I have gotten silent treatment from one dept. head, "when the parts come in" from the maintenance man. One nurse shouted at an elderly person, "open your windows!" The central office and small TV room has air cond. up and running for staff.....Today is the 21st of July No real information seems available as to when this will be fixed! Some of the elderly NEED to lie down after lunch.....perhaps it will take a death from heat stroke!??!

Medicare Ratings