Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Ctr

Posted by Caring81012150 March 26, 2014
4.0

My dad is in Grand Prairie for rehab, and he’s only been in there a few days. The food is average. My dad has no complaints so far with the staff.

Posted by evh January 29, 2014
1.0

I spent two days with a sick friend at this facility. The night staff was horrid. The RN rolled her eyes when my friend made the simplest of requests. I had to find the RN to administer medication in a timely manner. When my friend needed assistance to be put in her bed the two nursing assistants sent were both rude and incompetent. If you are unfortunate enough to have a loved one in this facility stay with them do not leave them to the tender mercy of the staff. zero stars

Posted by Disappointed 1 June 06, 2013
1.0

After 5 years with a parent at GP, we have seen very little real concern for patients and treating them with dignity. Nursing leadership/mgt is very poor. Leadership is in denial and very defensive about any concerns. Thus, nursing staff morale seems indifferent to patients. Usually some good CNA's on the wing make up for poor nursing staff, but not always. Unfortunately, many slackers on staff (those who are just trying to do as little as possible to get by) is apparent. No doubt it is a very difficult job, but if its not the type of work they take pride in doing right and to the best of their ability, they should find another profession. The building & grounds are kept very nice.

Posted by pdqmom August 06, 2012
3.0

My mom was at this facility for 6 and a half years. There was good and bad points here. Most of the nurses that work here are pretty good. My favorite was Sue on second shift. She would explain anything I had a question about and when the time came that we knew time was getting short we worked together to limit her medications.. She told me what to expect and the hospice staff was great also..The booklet that they gave the family was so very helpful...It told us what to expect and it was right on the money.
The cna's are the ones who do the hard work. There is also a huge turnover in employees...I talked to mom about transferring to a different nursing home but she would have no part of it.... ON THE OTHER HAND THE FOOD HERE WAS NOT GOOD AT ALL.....I COMPLAINED AT EVERY REVIEW AND IT DID NOT SEEM TO MATTER.....EVER HIT A GRILL CHEESE ON THE TABLE AND HAVE IT SOUND LIKE A ROCK...FOR WHAT THESE RESIDENT PAY WHICH WAS ALL OF MY MOMS LIFE SAVINGS THE LEAST THEY SHOULD DO IS HAVE GOOD FOOD...

Posted by lostmydad April 11, 2012
1.0

First off I would like to give Zero Stars! My Dad was put here on a Friday for rehab after hospital stay. He was put in the residential wing and put in a bed and left there. I was appauled at the way my father was treated. I made several un announced visits to other rehab facilites the next day to move him first thing Monday morning. Sadly On my way in Monday am, My dad was called to a better place. Dad was only 68 years old. He was fighting Cancer, and shouldve had more time with us here. My best advice? dont put your loved one into a facility on a Friday. Not much can be done on weekends.. apparantly Social workers only work Mon-Fri.. go check out these facilities in person, dont take anyone elses word for it, stop in without an apt.. Trust your gut...

Posted by foxieroxie December 19, 2011
3.0

the people in charge of this home are arrogent and rude to the family members. they are poorly informed and pushy rude to a extreem. the people in lower positions are much better. some have been rude snobs but over all there the back bone of the place. they took the good tv package from the residents. and gave them a junk package all the time taking there entire social security check and very good genoruse pensions yet they take tv what many do 80% of the time at there age how petty these big wigs are to save a buck like that. boooooooogus.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 525659

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality