Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Chateau Living Center

Posted by MothersAdvocate March 25, 2014
1.0

The facility is very nice but the owners and administrators are only concerned about making money. They save money by hiring the minimum staff required by law. There were many times when the ratio of certified nursing assistants to residents was 40 to 1. Totally unacceptable!!! The reason - no backup staff. If an employee called in sick the remaining staff had to pick up the slack. In their zeal to save money residents suffered. Nurses and aids were caring and tried to do the best they could under difficult circumstances but the workload was too much for one individual. Elderly residents often had to wait until 7PM for their evening meal. Very tired residents had to wait long beyond their bed-time for assistance getting into bed. It’s sad that such a beautiful facility is marred by greedy owners and administrators.

Posted by Caring74646450 November 27, 2013
1.0

My dad was at Chateau Living Center. My mother and my cousin went to see that facility. They thought that it would be a nice place so they chose that and they also had an opening at that time. My dad was there for two and a half months. When he went in, he was walking with a walker. The very first day that he was there they took his walker away and they gave him wheelchair. They put a diaper on him even though he still wants to go to the bathroom. He didn’t like that so he was quite argumentative about that. They ended up giving him drug just to keep him quiet and because of the drug he wasn’t eating. He lost a lot of muscle tone and a lot of weight. He had another stroke and he lost 100 lbs. The facility is pretty much like a hospital setting. They have single or double room occupancy. The facility itself is very, very clean. It's just they really don’t take care of their patients or attend to you like you should be attended to. There were many days when I went there after work and he had been laying there with his diaper full of pee and poop. It was hard for him to swallow and his tray had chunky food instead of pureed food. We already told them that many times, but they just keep on bringing that type of food. When I go there, he's got his tray without even a drink. We told them that he has no drink, so they bring it to him but without even a straw. He has become bedridden. I really think they didn’t attend to him or treat his condition well. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Posted by Caring2356 July 12, 2013
3.0

My dad is in Chateau Living Center now. The facility is only like 5 minutes away from my home. I'm pretty happy with this facility for my dad. He got a shared room. It is large with it's own bathroom with a shower. Their nurses and everyone working there are very nice. I don't like some of their aides because they don't seem to care. Most of them are pretty good though. My dad is not happy being there. He is 91 and he wouldn't be happy anywhere. The food they serve there is delicious. He has gained 21 pounds. The services he got there are better than I can do for him because I can't lift him and change his diapers, etc., I think he's in the best place. I'm happy where he is.

Tn.jpg
Posted by meme62 July 30, 2012
4.0

Facilities are clean and beautifully appointed. This is a skilled nursing locked down facility for those with memory care needs. Patients are mobile, in wheel chairs, and bedbound. There is one nurse for about 3 patients and nurse aides for almost all. Mom's room is cleaned daily and she is bathed every other day. There are group activities such as bingo, chair exercises, and guest musicians to come and play music. When mom is ill, they are right on top of things, contact our family and send her to the ER for evaluation. They have been kind to us as visitors and just as kind to our mother.

Posted by Louise3 July 06, 2012
4.0

My experience with the facility was very positive. The staff were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived we were politely welcomes into the facility by a member of staff and shown to where the small party was being held. The entrance of the facility was very secure and as soon as we entered the building staff were aware of us. Once we were shown to the room the staff asked us when we would like my friends mum to be brought round as it was a surprise. The staff has provided food and drink for the party at a small extra cost and it was exceptionally laid out. The facilities were excellent there was plenty of room in the building for wheel chair access. There were visitor restrooms and resident restrooms and also separate rooms for visitors to go in if needed. The staff were excellent at helping out with the food and drinks but also made the party feel private. The staff came to check my friends mum was ok in a number of occasions and if she needed the restroom. After the party was over I went to my friends mum room to have a look. I was pleasantly surprised it was tastefull decorated and also had a personal touch to it with my friends mums paintings. The building was also very clean and tidy. Overall my experience there was fantastic and the only negative feedback I have is that some of the walls in the corridors needed a lick of paint. I would definitely recommend the facility to others and would consider it if the time ever came for me or my family to need an assisted living facility.

Posted by KennerBred March 16, 2012
4.0

I have visited this place numberous times in the past 20 years. I remember going there first for field trips from our local catholic school and now visit to feel good and help out the genuine souls there. I will admit I have not been to many nursing homes but this one always seems to on top. The staff is always friendly and working hard. The place is very clean, comforting and homey. The elderly always seems to be happy and visitors, whether volunteers or local school children really seem to brighten up their day. It seems there are always activities and there are themes depending on what time of year it is. (Christmas Themes, Mardi gras etc.) This place is located in Kenner right by Muss Bertolino playground and has been a mainstay in the community for awhile. I believe with the staff, location and elderly that this place will be here forever and that is great for this community. I have nothing bad to say about Chateau Living Center and have seen it for the last two decades which is very encouraging.

Posted by RetGrandad September 29, 2011
4.0

Over the past few years my Nanny has had many health problems. She is now prone to mini-strikes and seizures. These health problems have made it impractical for her to live on her own. We were limited in where we could place her and were able to find the Chateau Living Facility near to her home. It is conveniently located in Kenner to most of her family and allows everyone to visit her frequently. We are especially happy with the amount of time that they get their residents out of the room and active. This is helping to keep my Nanny's mind much sharper. We have been very pleased with the care that she is receiving and the fact they are instrumental in helping her to return to the health that she needs to in order to be able to return home. While we do hope that the stay in the facility is temporary, if it needs to be a permanent home we will be happy with it.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 195184

Health
4.0
Overall
3.0
Quality