Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Heartland of Woodridge

Posted by happycustomer2014 April 18, 2014

I was just discharged from this facility today and i have to tell you the experience i had was wonderful. I was admitted on a Saturday and was "seeing things" the DON came in on Sunday to talk with me about my concerns and he followed up with me daily to ensure that my needs were being met. The administrator and the DON both talked with me as they were rounding. I was happy to see they were there if i was needed. All around a great team and i would return if i needed to received excellent care.

Posted by disappointed at administration March 07, 2014
3.0

Although all the staff there works hard, they are obviously overworked. There could easily have been three times the care givers there. For the amount of money we were charged, I hope some administrator who cut corners by cutting labor has someone he loves, ver sick and in a facility run like this one. Disgraceful. I can't imagine how aides want to stay working at a place where they are needed in five places at once. Overworked employees makes for poor care.

Posted by Daughter 61 February 17, 2014
2.0

This place is one of the most disorganized, unprofessional, and uncaring places I've ever seen. When we toured the place we were told that mom would have a private room. When mom got there, the room they promised was misteriously unavailable. I was going to find a different facility, but the admissions person said they would have it in a week; and they did. Unfortunately a long term resident had moved out of the room the previous day, and Mom was placed in a clean bed in a dirty room; physically unclean with splashes on the wall, floor caked with grime, missing drywall, etc. Mom has allergies, was just learning to walk, and had specific requirements for her care. The staff initially didn't do any of this. Mom's call light was on for 30-45 minutes at a time. They were changing Mom at shift change, the day staff left Mom's bottom exposed and rolled on her side. After their change of shift, the new shift came in to resume the care. When I reported this as well as Mom not getting her dentures for meals, not having her hand braces on, and being in a hospital gown all day; the nurse said "it's not my fault the aides are supposed to do that". The lack of accountability for patients' well-being is shocking. In the dining room the nurse's and aides text on their cell phones when they should be caring for patients. We've heard everything from "this one never helps", "I'm going to kick this one's a$$", "the director got fired", "they're only doing xyz in preparation for state", etc. Like with any facility, visit often and put the DON on speed dial. Were it not for constant calling and reporting of problems to the director, Mom probably would have faired much worse. The place needs a complete staff overhaul from top to bottom. Mom's experience was with the skilled nursing floor, and I'm not sure about the care on the other units within the facility.

Posted by not very happy January 22, 2014
1.0

My husband was here was the worst ever had to wait an hour one time to get help to get him back in bed lost most of his clothes here they lost them dirty and let them lay in soiled beds.

Posted by very unhappy 01 May 18, 2013
1.0

I would not send my dog to this place,my vet treats them better than these people do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on reporting this to the medical board,they could not even get my father a bedside toilet,told him he would have to use a bed pan,then they could not find the pump for his feeding tube,took 45 mins to even respond when he used the nurses call button,they would not like to be treated this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They made me rate at least 1 star I really do not think they rank that high!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by kllhh September 29, 2012
1.0

This nursing home is a nightmare,lazy staff,my loved one has to call us to help because they wont,they rarely check on there patients,weve almost been without a dad because of the nurses and staff who dont do there job,god please watch over the people in there who dont have people to speak for them,,,best wishes we are moving our loved one

Posted by cathyr0620 May 26, 2012
2.0

I am pretty disappointed with Heartland of Woodridge. A lot of the staff are excellent, aides and physical therapy staff, but there are also a few (aides and nurses) who could certainly improve. My mother has been on strict bed rest because of a non-weight bearing leg. She cannot get up to go to the restroom on her own, so she has to beep the aides to come get her on a bed pan. Most respond very quickly (within ten minutes or so), but there are a handful who continuously make her wait 30 minutes to an hour, or longer...she has accidented on herself several times because of this. She has also had problems with the nurses not giving her her medicines. Most are ok, but one in particular, refuses to just give my mother her medications when they are due, she insists that it's my mothers responsibility to remind her to give them to her (oh and my mother is also in the early stages of dimentia). They've also brought her the wrong pain pills a few times (lower dosage than prescribed). Aside from these few bad eggs, the staff is wonderful! Very friendly and welcoming! The physical therapy staff are amazing! I've sat and watched them interact with a lot of the residents, and they love them all! The only other problem we've had here is the food. On the website they talk about chef prepared meals and special diet needs (one of the reasons we chose this place for my diabetic mother with heart failure). All of the residents seem to get the same food no matter what. We've requested low sodium, no white bread, no sugar, etc, and not one of the requests have been met...they bring what they have and if it's something she isn't supposed to have it's either eat it, go without, or wait for me to bring her something from home. They have a good foundation staff wise, just need to get rid of the few bad eggs and put more care into their patients meals.

Posted by PEGGY STOVER June 10, 2008
2.0

My loved one stayed here

the care my relative received was unjustly neglegent. She is a stroke victim and requires bedpan assistance at night. She was left waiting to get on bedpan any where from 30-45 minutes and had to call her husband after leaving the light on for aide for 45 minutes to have someone remove the pan. After her husband called the nurses station the aides got upset and grabbed her by the arm to roll her over causing excessive bruises to her arm and calling her bedpan baby. I only hope these people need help in their elder years and have to be called name and roughed up as they have my family member.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 365738

Health
3.0
Overall
3.0
Quality