Top nearby Nursing Homes:

54792

Reviews of Bryn Mawr Terrace, the

Posted by Alexander14 July 03, 2014
1.0

My mother was recently a resident for rehab after a 4 month stay in the hospital. I have NOTHING positive to say about this place. Her care was rather involved but she was completely bed bound and reliant upon the staff. Everyday I would visit her and her sheets were wet due to leaking fluids. They would leave her on the bedside commode for over an hour. The facility never smelled clean and all the workers sans a few nurses were ambivalent and catty. I actually had my mother removed into home care because I could not take having her treated like an animal any longer. Please do not put your loved one here...or even anyone you don't love. No one deserves to be neglected this way.

Posted by Bamajo June 24, 2014
1.0

My mom recently fell and broke her hip. She was at BMT for 10 days and we are happy to be moving her elsewhere... Some nurses and CNA's were terrific! Overall though much was substandard... There was no continuity in PT and she got different folks every day although they said they were trying to have the same therapists tend to her... The OT was asked to tape a schedule to the wall In her room to give some structure to her day and that never happened. The intake totally missed the fact that she had aphasia and they never even gave her Speech Therapy of course. We were given a hard time about setting up appointments with other medical professionals like an eye doctor, although it was necessary. She was fearful all the time because she couldn't get words out to express herself; no one realized that! I don't think my mom got adequate help or therapy at all!

Posted by momanddadsgirl April 24, 2014

My mom went to Bryn Mawr Terrace recently for rehab after she fell and broke her hip. She went in frail and helpless and by the time she went home she was her old firecracker self. I was amazed how well she recovered with the help of her physical therapist, nurses and others. I found most of the staff helpful and responsive most of the time. Was it perfect? No...but I felt a sense of caring and kindness that I didn't feel in the last rehab she was in. I also found that if I had a problem, all I had to do was talk to the Nursing Director and it got fixed. They seem to want you to have a good experience and went out of their way to do that. I really would recommend Bryn Mawr Terrace and I pride myself on being my parent's advocate and being very involved in her care and recovery.

Posted by FamilyMember#4 April 11, 2014
1.0

Don't go here!!! Physical plant is sad & weary, inside and out. Medical east strewn through parking lot, dead planters haunt the front door, trash outside everywhere. Inside the facility is even sadder, he stench of human east hits you immediately. A few providers are kind and patient but not most. Am sure they are underpaid and unmotivated. They lack basic information regarding the patient and the medications. There are a number of unsafe and unethical situations occurring there. It family is very unhappy about this situation which has been going on, continuously for months. Do not let your loved one be subject to this substandard care. If I could give this facility NO STAR as a rating, I would, but the submit button will not accept NO STARS as a rating.

Posted by ms1312 September 13, 2012
2.0

I found the facility to be subpar. When you first walk in you can already sense there seems to be a overall impression of sadness and sickness in the facility. The air is extremely stuffy and there the whole place smells. This is one of the nicer facilites in the philadelphia area and it still is not nice. You walk in to a horrible smell all the time. Most of the staff are surly and provide not the greatest care. As the family member, we had to be very watchful of how our grandfather was doing because the nurses were not very attentive and didn't seem to care that much. If they did care, they provided subpar care.

Posted by Joodles November 09, 2011
2.0

In visiting this facility, I felt uncomfortable and concerned.I was there with a friend who was checking out the facility for her sister who needed care. Not only was it unimpressive, it had a very cold and distant feel to it. The staff was not friendly, and did not at all seem to really care. I saw aides together talking while residents were asking for help; it was like they didn't want to be bothered.I heard two people crying out for help, and saw no one go to their assistance. Needless to say, we left feeling very bad for what we had experienced.I would not at all recommend this facility.

Posted by Robin-2 November 15, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My mother has been there just a little over 24 hours for short term PT following knee replacement surgery and everything that the first reviewer posted (3/2009) IS TRUE (except no bugs have been seen...yet). The staff is unprofessional. They have no idea of her physician prescribed needs - medicine and diet. She had to demand a walker be left for her to be able to move around (as prescribed by her doctor) every few hours, and to get to the bathroom. The room must be over the boiler from 1966, as it is HOT in the room with NO way to reduce the heat or let in any air. She asked 4 times for her pain medicine...only to have to wait 3 hours in between asking. She's diabetic/no dairy and has had 3 REGULAR meals, each containing full sugar desserts, sugar packets, whole milk and puddings.The beds are old (hand crank to lift/lower) as is the rest of the furniture, including the bed tray (old wood base and hand crank to raise). Still no physical therapy has been given, let alone her evaluation. Not to mention, when being admitted, the aid whispered in her ear that, because she has a nice watch, she should not take it off and should keep it with her at all times! And to top it off, this place was RECOMMENDED by her physician --- I only have to wonder would he have placed HIS mother here, for if I had read this BEFORE yesterday morning, I would have DEMANDED that she be placed somewhere else!

Posted by terry belk August 10, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Wow - I had a completely different experience than the other reviewer. My mom's room was clean, the nurses and aids were kind and attentive and she received PT care that got her back on her feet and home in 2 weeks. I'm glad I didn't read that review before I went there as I would not have gone. My doctor recommended Bryn Mawr Terrace and his mother went there for rehab!

Posted by April-2 March 02, 2009

My loved one stayed here

This place is horrible. My mother has been there for 3 days. There are bugs in her room and bug traps all around. The aids and nurses do not help the patients get around. My mother checked in for rehab and she needs help getting around and nobody seems to help her. The nurse and aids seem confused as to what meds the patients need meds and they contadict everything that they say. Also, The social worker has failed to pay a visit to my mother. She has requested for a shower several times (as did I) and they have failed to honor our requests.In the past, this place was very nice, but lack of updates and skilled employees have created an unproffesional attitude. I am very disappointed that this place was recommended by her docter. I am currently in the process of getting her transfered to a different facility.

Medicare Ratings