Reviews of Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility

Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by caring2817 May 24, 2013
4.0

My mom had surgery at the hospital for an inflamed gall bladder and then they found out that her coronary arteries are pretty blocked. But because she's already 90 years old they could not operate, so they took her to the Queens Blvd Extended Care. She needs care for twenty four hours a day, which we can no longer accomplish here at home. The staff is 50/50; there are some good nurses and some bad ones, which is the same in all the nursing homes. All in all, I would say that it's a pretty good place; as good as you can expect. They give her all kinds of medicines to keep her more or less alive. It's more or less a situation where they try to take care of her as best they can and she's getting adjusted to the place.

Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring389018 August 03, 2011
4.0

I visited this facility when I was looking for a place for my grandmother to stay for long-term care. I expected the place to be like a hospital because of its size and outdoor appearance, but it is actually very nice and homey inside. I went to visit on a Saturday around 3pm, a time when nursing homes are usually dead, but this place was bustling and full of families, kids, patients, etc. It was a warm environment.

On each floor, the residents were crowded in front of the TV, but they looked entertained (versus at other places where the residents are forced to sit around doing nothing at all). I got a very good impression of the place. I spoke to a resident who said it was a "great nursing home" and all of the nurses I spoke to said they liked their jobs. Obviously they could have been lying, but they seemed sincere. The care of patients really depends on how happy the nurses are!

Since my grandmother did not end up moving here, I do not know exactly how the care is. But I can say that I got a very good impression of the facility, and it is in a great location, right next to a bus stop and close to the subway (7). It is a huge facility that feels warm, homey, and hospitable. The rooms are average size.

Medicare Ratings