About Green Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Green Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Arlington, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Green Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Green Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Average Rating: 3.0 based on 1 Review

Green Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by ttlnl February 28, 2012
3.0

I would like to start on a positive note. My grandmother was placed in this facility almost a year ago due to problems with memory. She was not able to take care of her self and would often forget to take her medication, which only made her situation worse. I am thankful that I feel like she is finally getting the constant care that she needs, that my family was unable to provide due to work. That being said, we have had several issues with this facility. If it were not for at least one member of our family being up there every night, I'm not sure that she would be getting the care she deserves. They have attempted to put her on sleeping medication numerous times, though we have signed forms stating that she is NOT to be put on them. They only worsen her condition. My grandmother routinely needs to have fluid removed from her abdominal cavity due to congestive heart failure. They failed to notice after one such procedure that she was bleeding though her clothing. It was not until a member of my family pointed it out to a member of the staff that they sent her to the emergency room. That should not need to be brought to their attention. It is their job to take care of the people at this facility. The reason most people are in a facility such as this is because they need special care that can not be provided for them otherwise. It is sad that someone who is not educated in the field recognizes when someone needs to be sent to a hospital or not. It really makes me feel for the people that are in the facility who do not have someone to be an advocate for them. Who knows if they are being cared for properly.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 676139

Health
2.0
Overall
1.0
Quality