Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Clare Bridge of Carmel

At Clare Bridge of Carmel we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Clare Bridge of Carmel are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Reviews of Clare Bridge of Carmel

Posted by Marty5 June 23, 2014

The setup of Clare Bridge neighbourhood is very ideal. The rooms are on the small side, but my mom is quite advanced, so the small size of the room doesn’t matter. She has to share the room, but they do have private rooms. The staff is very friendly and very good. The food is very good. They tailor the food to the residents’ needs. The care she is getter is much better than at the other facility she was in.

Posted by Caring75253750 December 17, 2013

We have my mother-in-law in an ALF at Clare Bridge. We did some searching and found some alternatives for her, but we found that others only match the price, the care, and the treatment that she already have at Clare Bridge, so we decided not to move her. The facility was built for Alzheimer's care and we have always been very happy with the treatment my mother-in-law receives from them. We're happy with the care, the food and the room that she is in. However, the price was getting out of hand. Then they went from an a la carte system to all inclusive and that allows us to keep her there. Food is good. The staff has always been fine. My mother-in-law is in a later stage of Alzheimer's, so activities are very limited at this point. However, nightly they have something going on and then on special events, they always bring in musicians, magicians, all kinds of things. They're really patient-oriented. In fact, what I like best about this facility is their patient care.

Posted by Sandra40 December 13, 2013

I was thrilled to find ClareBridge of Carmel. It was dedicated solely for Dementia or Alzheimer’s. It was built like a home with a central courtyard, more like little neighborhoods instead of a long wing like a traditional healthcare center. Each little neighborhood has its own dining room, living room and some bedrooms. They have a little atrium with birds in it and they change it every month. There is the courtyard where patients could go outside and walk around without any fear of wandering off or getting lost. It felt like they have a little more freedom.

The longevity of the staff really impressed me. The staff are very passionate about their chosen vocation. Many of them went out of their way to tell me they have worked for ClareBridge of Carmel for 14 to 15 years. There is also a director for the many social activities. I would recommend this facility in a heartbeat.

Posted by Kim40 November 22, 2013

Clare Bridge of Carmel dealt with Alzheimer's and dementia patients and that was what I looked for. I liked the care from the caregivers who worked there, I thought that they were excellent. They had nice sizes for the rooms and everybody had a private room. You could bring your own furnitue or they provided for you. I would suggest they serve better food.

Posted by Lynn14 June 19, 2013

I had heard good things about Clare Bridge and it's very close to my house so I visited it. It has a very homelike and happy atmosphere. The facility itself was very nice and the rooms were nice. The patients were all happy, like they were well taken care of. The employees were very gracious and accommodating. I thought it was a wonderful place.

Posted by George & Mary Ann's daughter August 13, 2012

My mother resided at Clare Bridge from October 2010 - April 2012. There is virtually no staff turnover, and all the staff we interacted with were very caring and showed unbelievable patience with the residents. The facility has endless activities geared to the physical & cognitive abilities of the residents, and staff works very hard to get residents out of their rooms and interacting with the other residents & staff. Even the office staff is great with the residents; my mother loved to "help" in the office. The facility has a couple of cats, a dog, fish, and birds. It looks like a big Victorian house, and the resident rooms are arranged in neighborhoods of 8 rooms, each with its own living area & dining room. The neighborhoods are arranged in a circle around an outdoor garden with windows looking onto the garden to let in lots of natural light. This is great for those residents who like to walk; they can walk the circle for as long as they like. Their are various activity stations around the circle where they can stop to fiddle with objects that replicate a life activity they might recall (nursery, office, dressing table, etc). For anyone with nightmare pictures of what a nursing home looks like, this is NOT it; it's more like 3 or 4 star resort. But I have to come back to the staff, because they are fantastic. They are so patient and gentle, and very clearly love working with the residents to make their remaining days as pleasant as possible. When it became clear that my mother was in her last days, the support for the family was equally good. We were encouraged to stay in my mother's room if we wanted, and they were very respectful of both her comfort and our privacy. If you have a parent or spouse with Alzheimer's, I cannot recommend Clare Bridge of Carmel highly enough. My family has not regretted placing my mother there for a moment, and I would not hesitate to place anyone I care for (including myself) in Clare Bridge should the necessity arise.

Location of Clare Bridge of Carmel

Features of Clare Bridge of Carmel

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Staff patient ratio: 7 to 1
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Licensed Residental Assisted Living

• Lowest monthly rate: 5,260
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details