Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Lester Senior Housing Community

Posted by Caring67860350 October 26, 2013
4.0

Lester Senior Housing Community was wonderful. Everything about it was what I want. They have an assisted living in another building. If you need it, they have medical assistance for you. They provide two meals a day five days a week. They have tremendous activities including a special room for arts and crafts and for painting and sculpture, which was what my husband liked. It has an exercise room. It has everything we want except for the swimming pool. I love what they have there but their one-bedroom apartments were not feasible for us. Their one-bedroom apartment was just about the size of my computer room here in my house. I cannot live in a room that small. I'd get claustrophobic. It was too small for what I need.

Posted by Lori13 June 26, 2013
1.0

Lester Senior Housing Community was a very nice community. Their residents were very active. However, the facility was expensive and residents would only have two meals a day Monday through Friday. They did not have meals on the weekend. The residents can cook for themselves as they were in independent living. However, another part of this community was the assisted living facility. I had learned that even after you were living here for five years and when you run out of money, they did not take Medicaid. I asked them, 'What do you do with the people especially those who had no family?' They said, 'Well, they go to a nursing home.' 'So you just throw them out?' 'Yes.' Just like that, after they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars living in their community, they'll just throw them out. They only had one or two Medicaid rooms and those were for either assisted living side or the independent living side. That was so not acceptable. For that reason, I would not recommend this community.

Posted by Marjorie3 June 07, 2013

We visited Lester because it was just ten minutes from my son and his family and it was within my budget. I went there two or three times and I liked it. It's very clean and I was impressed with the fact that they have a lot of activities that I liked. I also liked the part that the women don't put on airs there, they dressed comfortably and I could wear my jeans or whatever I want. The women who lived there were very nice to me. The staff went out of their way and made sure someone was always with me during the tour. I had two meals there which I thought were very nice.

I got to see two apartments which were a bit small but furnished, they have a washer and dryer which I thought was really important. The bedroom is a nice size and the bathroom could be bigger but it's okay. I liked the idea that during the winter they have a bus that can take you shopping. The best thing is, right next door is a big gym with an Olympic size pool heated year round and they have trainers that work with you. I know it's going to be a big change for me but I think this has the best of both worlds.

Posted by caring7271 August 16, 2012

My father had lived there and he was treated very well. It's a very neat and a very attractive place. The staff there are friendly, accommodating, and caring. My father had already passed away, but when his health was declining, the place provided each and every service they can give him. I was pleased with him being there. They gave him excellent service.

Posted by Alice 1 June 29, 2012

One main reason why I chose to be in this facility is because it's near my children. I also find their pricing reasonable and I like the services they offer here. I also like it here because I don't have to cook. They have complete meals. They also have activities like movies and transportation for shopping or appointment with the doctor. They provide us whatever we need. There's nothing here that I need more than what I have gotten and I am very satisfied with that people that are here. They are just very very nice. The apartments are beautiful. They really are. I have a large apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. I have my children visit me here every week and sometimes twice a week.

Location of Lester Senior Housing Community