Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

From Broadway Proper

Broadway Proper offers the beauty and serenity of a desert oasis conveniently located in the heart of Tucson, Arizona. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities. At Broadway Proper we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, and resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Broadway Proper and enjoy your own private apartment home, and fill it with your own treasured belongings if you wish. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room. We offer true restaurant dining, and all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, swim laps in the pool, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize with friends, Broadway Proper has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want to.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Broadway Proper, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Broadway Proper – Living Better Than Ever!

Reviews of Broadway Proper

Posted by BTormos October 01, 2014

I only had to visit this place a couple of times before my name was already being used. The front desk is nice and it seems like everyone loves their job. In my tour I met most of the staff it feels and then when my grandmother moved in and that did not stop, it feels like they know who lives there and who is visiting. Feels like a family. I really like how comfortable this place is and my grandma loved it. I ate with my grandma a few times and I like that she and I could order what we wanted and it was brought to us like in a restaurant. My grandma could sit with friends and chat and was the primary reason my family chose Broadway Proper. We needed my grandma to eat more often and to have friends she can "gossip" with. I felt she was getting to lonely living alone and I did not want people to see she lived alone and break in or take advantage that she did not know what she normally paid a landscaper. I was tired of it and we just wanted a comfortable place with friendly people. My grandma lived at broadway proper for 3 years and we recently had to move her because she needed memory care. They were so nice and it felt like they were going to miss her like she was their grandma. Many people stopped us in the hall to share a story about her and we would have loved to keep her here but we had to do what was right and find memory care. Even our new place loves Broadway Proper and that really helped settle our nerves. They knew about eachother and said only positive things about one another. One day another family will be looking for an assisted living place and I will tell them to come here.

Posted by mariados September 25, 2014
1.0

Broadway Proper used to be a wonderful place, but now the care does not even merit 1 star. My mom lived here for 9 years. Initially, she moved in as an independent resident but , as time progressed, we added services. We paid for bathing for 2 years but she would rarely receive a bath. We paid for meds to be given, but they were not given following the doctor's orders until I complained. Another time, the doctor ordered a stool sample and it tool 6 months, and much nagging on my part, to get. There is NO follow through on behalf of the facility. The final straw was when a friend, who had been visiting my mom, called and said my mom had an accident. I called 3 times and asked that my mom receive help from a caregiver with cleaning up, and even offered to come over and clean up my mom. I was told that a caregiver had taken care of mom. The next morning, mom was still sitting in her soiled briefs. Nobody had bothered to change her and they left her like that all night. I moved her immediately. The month my mom moved out, 12-15 other residents moved out also. Their census is lower than ever and there's a reason for it.

Posted by hullabaloo May 27, 2014
1.0

Drab and dingy......need to update in order to compete with others for the same price and quality

Posted by Caring82791450 April 29, 2014
3.0

We found Broadway Proper. My room is beautiful. It has a beautiful view outside, and it's a nice size. It has a kitchen. I can live independently. The staff is excellent. I can order three meals a day. The food is pretty bad. They have exercise, they have walking, they have current events. They have a lot of things. There's nothing I really like there. Nothing stands out.

Posted by Evelyn8 April 27, 2014
4.0

Broadway Proper was pretty nice. I like best its location. The facility itself was a very homey place; it was in a quiet area. They have very nice people there. In fact, I still talk to them. I had lunch there and the food was very good. The dining room was just like any other kind of dining room. Their apartments are spacious enough if you don't have a lot of stuff. They're too small, and the storage areas are too little. The one I looked at has a view of the desert, and I think that's pretty nice.

Posted by Caring74698850 January 31, 2014

My father has moved in to Broadway Proper. Right now, he is still getting adjusted. Nevertheless, I'm very happy with this facility. It's very close to my house. It's an older facility, but it has so many benefits to it. They have little apartments with very nice floor plans. My father has a one-bedroom apartment with a big walk-in closet. They have a beautiful dining room. Food is excellent. They have a very good chef. The people there are very nice and very helpful. For activities, they have card games, etc. They have walk and talk discussion groups, health groups, etc. They even have Wii groups that play the game. They would have lovely events like beer and brats once a month. They constantly have a lot of planned activities.

Posted by Don16 August 28, 2013
3.0

My visit to Broadway Proper was okay. I wasn't impressed with it though. Their rooms were awfully small. However, they had a great dining room. It was like a 5-star restaurant in San Francisco. I would say that's their best attribute.

Posted by caring030620 June 25, 2013

I've visited Broadway Proper for my mom. It was an excellent community. It was all set up so that if you should need transition to an assisted living facility, you don't have to move to another community. Their apartments were relatively spacious. They also had great food and great staff. I would recommend this community to others.

Posted by caregiver222 September 27, 2011

The Broadway Proper is an upscale assisted living community, located just south and west of the Hilton on Broadway. The reception area is always nicely stocked with reading material, and the staff is attentive and friendly. The place is a bit of a maze to navigate in, but once you get used to it, is fairly easy to find your way around. The halls have individual air temperature controllers, and it is usually at a comfortable level. They have a unique method of checking on their residents just by looking at their doors. Each one is fitted with a little "pin" that is fixed every night so that it leans against the door in an upright position. If the door is opened, the pin drops and points downward, indicating the resident has at least opened the door, and hopefully is out socializing or in the dining room during mealtimes. The wait staff in the dining area is very helpful and courteous, and there is a baby grand piano in the large dining room, for those times when a musician visits. There is a central court with a swimming pool and hot tub for any residents who wish to use them, and plenty of walkways and plants. I particularly liked the placement of automatic hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility, and that helps keep infection at bay, especially during cold season. As a caregiver working through an agency, it is always nice to see them being proactive toward infection control, providing sanitizer this way.

Location of Broadway Proper