Cost

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Plaza Niles (Formerly The Park at Golf Mill)

Brookdale Plaza Niles provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Reviews of Brookdale Plaza Niles (Formerly The Park at Golf Mill)

Posted by YveS June 12, 2014

My mom has lived at Brookdale for 5 years and loves it. It's like a cruise ship without the water - plenty of food, entertainment, cocktail hour, and friends. I love it because I know she is safe. The facility was recently renovated and it is all new and clean. The staff is so loving and caring as well. (And no one is paying me to say this!!) Good luck on your search. When you visit and see the sun filled atrium you will know that this is the "Place".

Posted by Caring81666750 May 12, 2014

The Park it was nice. We liked the place. It was nice and clean, and it had a pool and an exercise room. It had very nice, good-sized apartments with one bedroom, two baths, and a den. They had two meals a day. The rate was reasonable. However, most of the people were older and were walking with walkers. It was not what my wife wanted at the present time.

Posted by Mary Jo4 February 24, 2014
4.0

I chose to live at The Park at Golf Mill because it's more within my price range. I like it because the apartments are very, very nice and you can be as independent as you want to be. They also allow you to have internet connections in the rooms if you pay for it. The staff is very friendly and fine. I don’t generally engage in their activities, but I know they have all sorts of activities. They have bingo, movies, exercises, arts and crafts. Their food is okay. I would definitely recommend this place.

Posted by Lovely Daughter1 September 19, 2013
3.0

I visited The Park at Golf Mill for my father. Location wise, it is a little bit out of the way. It doesn't have an easy access to public transportation. The facility itself is very nice and they seem to have tons of activities. The staff that we met there was very nice as well. However, it was also a little more expensive and it just wasn't a right fit for my father.

Posted by Timothy1 August 01, 2013
4.0

She had decided to stay at The Park at Golf Mill. The food is fair and the place is clean. They provide some transportation and they have some sports. The staff seemed attentive.

Posted by Veronica33 May 05, 2013
2.0

This facility misrepresents themselves. They is not an independent living facility. There are lots of patients with alzheimers and caregivers. I didn't see any people that didn't use a walker or need a wheelchair.

Posted by caring0405113 April 14, 2013
4.0

The people are very, very nice at The Park at Golf Mill. The facility is older, but it's clean and no smell or odor. The people are very positive and pleasant.

Posted by markr1 February 19, 2013

My mother lived at the PARK from 2005 until she recently passed in 2013. She was independent for most of those years and enjoyed many of the activities that were provided. It was comforting to our family to know that when mom did need services the PARK quickly tailored a plan to our needs. This was through Brookdale who operates within the PARK currently.

What impressed both mom and me was the caring nature of the staff. You would think that it was their parent who needed attention. They were all so loving and caring.

I want to thank everyone at the PARK for not only making my mother's stay a wonderful experience, but also to thank you for giving me peace of mind. I live an hour away and it was comforting to know that you were there for mom when she needed you!

Sincerely, Mark Reiner

Posted by happyfamilymember1 January 25, 2013

My 90 year-old father was recently declared legally blind and could no longer live on his own. While I live out-of-state, all of his other family and freids lived in Illinois. My brother and I took him to look at several communities and we landed on The Park. He moved in last December and has never been happier. The staff has gone out of their way to help him and he truly is enjoying himself. His biggest complaint: it takes to long for dinner. But then, I think he enjoys every minute of his time with the other residents!

Loading.gif
Posted by Caring201973 January 04, 2012

This is a plush facility very near the Golf Mill Shopping Center. Many of the residents are Jewish and there are Friday night Sabbath services as well as services for the High Holy Days.

Residents can live in studio, one- or two bedroom apartments. They have a kitchen area, nice size bedrooms, ample closet space. The two bedroom apartments have two bathrooms. The residents are able to decorate the apartments however they want. Many of the residents have aides that help them with independent living. Each apartment has a chord to pull in case they need emergency help. The lobby is very spacious and the dining room is airy with large windows to look out. There is a small work-out area with a pool (I hardly ever saw anybody there).
My main criticism is with the elevators. They are often very busy especially at meal time and it takes forever to get anywhere. Many of the residents have walkers and wheelchairs and this also adds to short tempers and people being angry about not getting on elevators.

The biggest complaint that I heard is about the food. The food is ample in its proportion, but not always the best according to the residents. The main problem seems that the restaurant help are inexperienced and do not seem to have the cultural understanding of Jewish cuisine. (most of the residents are Jewish).
This is not an inexpensive facility and everything is alacarte, meaning that if residents need extra assistance such as room checks at night or help with medication, that is all extra.
Overall I would recommend this facility. It is quite elegant as well as convenient with buses to take residents to various stores and outings.

Location of Brookdale Plaza Niles (Formerly The Park at Golf Mill)

Features of Brookdale Plaza Niles (Formerly The Park at Golf Mill)

• Lowest monthly rate: 1,750