Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Terrace at Memorial City

The Terrace at Memorial City provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

EAT American Bistro Designed to reinvent the dining experience, EAT American Bistro offers all day dining in an inviting social lounge atmosphere.

Reviews of The Terrace at Memorial City

Posted by Donna78586750 March 28, 2014

My mother-in-law is at The Terrace at Memorial City. We chose this for her because it was much more affordable, and it is close to us. She moved there in December 2013. The care is phenomenal. We have not had any issues. They're wonderful. It is part of the Brookdale communities, so my mother-in-law can go to any one of the facilities all the way up to skilled nursing care if she needed to.

Posted by Bill39 February 25, 2014
4.0

My mom has been living in the Terrace. It has all the amenities that we wanted, it was 5 minutes from my house and people I talked to give very good comments about it. It was well-laid out. The apartments were very nice, they completely renovated one for my mom and it’s on the second floor. The elevators are good and the security is good. The food is average to above average but the service is very good. The staff’s work ethics are very good especially around the dining facilities. They have a variety of activities every day and a calendar is out every month with different activities from Bible study, shopping trips and Bingo, to Yoga, Tai-chi and walking classes.

Posted by Regina5 February 01, 2014

My mother found one that she would like to move to. It's called The Terrace. It's behind Memorial City Mall. The reasons she chose this one is because of the location and the setup of the property. She also chose this because of the fact that they have individual apartments, an elevator and a separate dining area. Her would-be apartment was of very quality property, same like a hotel except cozier. It was clean and you could add your own personal touches as far as furniture and stuff. She would be able to keep her refrigerator and stove. She likes everything about it. It was very nice. The staff there was very kind, very courteous and very helpful. The facility itself was clean and homey. The cafeteria area was very clean. The residents that we encountered and met were all very happy. They had good things to say about it. I would definitely recommend them.

Posted by Barbara63669550 January 31, 2014

I stayed at The Terrace at Memorial City for about eight years and I did not want to live anywhere else. There were a lot of caregivers here. It was close to city malls, hospital and they provided a shuttle within five miles wherever we wanted to go. They cleaned my apartment once a week and I had my own furniture. Free lunch and breakfast for five days a week were included in the rent. The food was great and we had choices of fish, meat, chicken, fruits. And you could choose what you wanted to eat everyday. They put a monthly schedule for the activities like exercises, movies, bingo, casino, grocery, music programs, bands, etc. And on Sundays, they took the residents to different churches between 9 am to 10 am. They had activities everyday, all day. It was a fantastic place and I never complained about anything.

Posted by Caring06041 December 31, 2013
4.0

I didn't get to eat at Memorial but the chef was so much trying to help and that was nice. This facility that I visited was beautiful too and very nice. Their rooms were rather small but nicely set out. They were very good.

Posted by Friend2 October 13, 2012

The Terrace at Memorial city was great. It was a closed community of apartments. There was a 'security guard' on site 24/7 who walked around the facility. The pendants around the residents necks were pushed whenever they had an emergency so the guard could respond immediately. There were also emergency pull cables in all the bathrooms. The staff was extremely friendly and there was an event coordinater to keep the residents occupied. I visited another Terrace area but it was in a bad part of town and the staff and guard weren't as involved. The cafeteria food at both was acceptable but not that good. They also had shuttles which took residents to the mall/supermarket/drug store etc.

Posted by RandomLetter July 06, 2012
4.0

The facility is well set up and the staff seems caring. They have amenities that fit whatever lifestyle the resident is currently able to live and due to this the residents seem to be in high spirits. A nurse currently comes to check on my grandmother every day and they have formed a bond where she is more than just a caretaker, she is a friend. I appreciate that.

Posted by Ellen2 June 28, 2012

My mother has been at The Terrace for seven years and really liked it and didn't wanna move but she needed more care. Mom has friends there and she's 89 so moving at that age is quite a traumatic experience. She has developed a sentimental value to the place and the people there. Well they had another organization in there that was doing similar type work and we tried them and it didn't work out, but in the meantime, since they were bought by Brookdale, with the new people it's working out much better. I very, very much prefer the Brookdale management.

It's very clean facility. It's meticulously maintained. They do an excellent job there! I like the staff; they're very good. Mom has one of the smaller bedrooms but it's perfect for what she needs. She's very much comfortable.

I've done quite a bit of homework in terms of looking into other options. Of course everybody would say that they want it to be less but that's not really realistic when you consider the cost to provide things. I would recommend it and my mother has actually recommended the place to people and now some people have moved there. About seven years ago when she moved in there, she wasn't very happy or eager about it at that point. But over the years, she's really benefited from a lot of activities and choices of things she can participate in in there. And even if she was just living with me, I couldn't provide her with all of that.

Location of The Terrace at Memorial City

Features of The Terrace at Memorial City

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Lowest monthly rate: 1,250
  • Highest monthly rate: 3,400
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details